>keyboard for retardads

Nice going, nigger.

>spending more than 7 dollars on a keyboard

>shitty rubber dome with RSI/carpel tunnel inducing trackpoint

>2018
>still no topre keyboard with the clitmouse

where the FUCK is the NUMPAD

>no backlight
How the fuck am I supposed to see what keys I'm pressing in the dark???

>see
>typing

I can't touch type every key on my keyboard, sorry

Wear a mining helmet with a light on it.

>carpel

This. The trackpoint first started as the only real way to input mouse on a mobile machine, it was then essential to business users who needed to get work done quickly and reliably, at that time trackpads were abysmal. The trackpoint is no match for today's trackpads though. It has its uses of course, but overall trackpads win. They're pretty RSI inducing and I'll never understand the people who claim its more accurate when a extremely slight 0.001g movement can move it 1 pixel. Unless you turn down the sensitivity in that case you'll be yanking it hard to move to areas because it'll be so fucking slow. Its best on devices where compromises have to be made. Like very small laptops, like those old Vaio P laptops which had no space for a trackpad. Still, having the option of both remains but there's currently no machine that has a great trackpad and a trackpoint. The newer ThinkPads don't have the best trackpads.

just buy a moron lamp.

What's wrong with the TrackPoint?

I had one and the keys sucked but the TrackPoint was glorious.

Can you honestly say you can reliably touch type every key, including the function keys? I often do work or play games with the lights off, and sometimes need to hit keys or key combos that you wouldn't normally use during normal touch typing. Backlit keys helps immensely in those situations.

What the fuck is a moron lamp?

>grown adults
>no numpad
Really activates the ol' almonds.

>a person can't be an adult unless they're an accountant

for me, it's the preferred pro
the best keyboard

I had one of these and it had some of the worst keypresses I've ever felt. Really don't understand how anyone could stand it let alone love it.

maybe you're just gay

>TKL
>adults

Got this with reds for $50 on sale, really hard to beat. Cleans up much better than any keyboard I've ever used

modelfkeyboards.com

>reds

Had browns in my last keyboard and I like these more. Blues feel better but are way too annoying with open back headphones. Haven't tried blacks or any of t he other random new ones but I like the light keypresses

>games
>being this normie
That being said, I have macros bound to my function keys for vidya and can reliably touch type with every one

Mah nigga

>.t man who's never heard of "switch types" in his life
I pity plebeians like yourself - ignorance is losing.

>reds
>browns
>blues

you're all faggots.

blacks were my first and still going strong with them.

>Caring about switches
t. soyboy

used Browns and Silvers
Had a really nice dell rubber dome and its just as good as my switches

Do membrane n-key rollover keyboards exist?

Do japs even still type with that keyboard format? I found IME typos in games I played.

Not full n-keys rollover though, just 19.

hehe

I want a quality keyboard with an integral trackball (preferably) or a decent touchpad. PS/2 or USB.

What sayeth Sup Forums?

>I dumpster dived this piece of shit and it has an IBM logo on it! I sure hope Sup Forums will accept me now.
I fucking hate newfags.

>thats the joke
t. Sup Forums tard

Carpool tunnel?

Sensitivity and speed are two separate settings.

>only Sup Forums uses soyboy

Topre isn't that nice. I prefer MX-browns over Topre

reminder that anyone who willingly spends their money on a lesser product that factors into their daily life is subhuman and is a child of walmart

The reason I stick to trackpoints is because on keyboard-heavy, mouse-light workloads it feels like having to move from the keyboard to the trackpad slows me down. Does that make sense?

>no numpad
Yeah, nah

Not getting a superior keyboard

>meme keyboard

Only a true plebeian would not own this keyboard

>Not having a meme keyboard

If that keyboard is for adults then where is the numpad?

>being this pretensious

Shit taste desu user

Why? And what's good taste?

>muh mechanical switches
>muh trackpoint
>muh thinkpad

man fuck all that shit, pic related is one of the best keyboards ever designed

I bought this for $10.
I wamted to get one atleast once. But next time i get just a normal one for $5.

you're on the right track, but for me, it's the Logitech K120.

I use this daily at work and it's a piece of shit

Two of the worst keyboards I've ever used.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't see the point in spending all that money on a mechanical and just uses a cheap-o rubber dome Dell.

good keeb, but you just made it look all fucked up.

>60 posts
>no mention of the patrician choice, the Model M

>doesn't even have a numpad
What year are you? 1990?

Topres
They're like rubber domes but actually good

>implying

If it's not mechanical at least get scissors.

Is this any good? I can get a new one for ~30$

It has some minor flexing when raised and keys feel too soft and linear, slightly worse than actual T60/X61, but still way better than any rubber dome or cheap low profile keyboads.
Also I'm too used to the layout now, and not just trackpoint. I use the cluster above backspace all the time without looking at it.

>Cannot switch Fn and Ctrl
I have a huge hard on for IBM Thinkpad keyboards, but not being able to swap them keys is a real pain.

it's just for aesthetics and extra keys

Things that should be illegal:
- key cap colors other than beige, brown or black
- braided cables
- 40% or smaller keyboards

- glossy monitors
- case windows

baby hands

how does it feel to have RSI?

>tfw no numpad
>tfw no media keys

weak

Ducky tkl Masterrace!

>spending less than 500

Disgusting.

At least get an M13 you absolute dipshit.

>No numpad
ARMA says "hi"

I've tried all types and reds were my favourite. Blues were really nice for typing though but terrible for gaming etc.

£5 says hi, stole my first one from school, when I spilt a drink on it after 4 years I got another identical one

Fucking aus-fags

Cherry MX Board

Best budget mechanical keyboard
The plastic is cheap but that doesn't matter for typing purposes.

Being this retarded.

Any fucking Dell with black Alps you can get on ebay is the best budget mechanical keyboard.

>used keyboards

Didn't spend a cent on a keyboard in years, mechanical keyboards are a meme.

belive me, there are worse, like wireless Microsoft keyboard I have to use at work, or keyboard in my old MSI FX-600 craptop.

nice middle mouse button you DON'T got there.

>Japanese Keyboard
Mah Nigga

Dumbass, the point is even a used 25 year old Alps keyboard with shitstains on it beats anything Cherry can put out.

its probably got the same bug that the laptops have so no i would not. bug is that the cursor keeps going even if you dont touch the cursor moving knob if you use it for too long at once.

My wife gave me this for Christmas, so far I've been loving it.

I fucking hate clicky keyswitches so i got a meme rgb keyboard on sale. MX silent red switches. I just set the rgbs to white

got this keyboard for 36 bucks and i like it though are not cherry switches

>not having an rgb keyboard
How do you live without rgb dicks?

There's nothing I hate more in life than a cherry switch. Germany needs another round of bombing to its factories.

Reds are fine you fucking moron.

What's Sup Forums list of approved mechanical keyboards for enterprises and shit like that?
>asking about Cherry G80 and similars.

step aside children

> no numpad

>keyboards for enterprises
What does that even mean?