Tfw born too early to be a space pioneer

>tfw born too early to be a space pioneer
>tfw born too early to experience cybernetic engineering
>tfw born too early to be a space pirate
>tfw born too early to travel to new planets
>tfw born too early to see alien life
>tfw born too early to have robotic waifu
>tfw born too early to experience life through permanent AR
>tfw born too early to be genetically engineered from birth to be beautiful, strong, and tall
>tfw stuck in shitty 2018 with broken CPUs and feminism

true.... just whyyyy.............. can't explore the unknown feelsbadman

>tfw born too early to experience hyperrealism

>tfw youll never experience a metropolis like this
>tfw stuck with shitty smelly towns filled with homeless rats

do your part and half of the shit on your list is achievable in the next 50 years

>stuck on earth overpopulated with niggers and pajeets
>no opportunity to go on adventures in space
the stars beckon and we can only sit and watch

if only we were born 50 years later

Why does this look like an album cover i've seen before?
It seems strangely familiar.

you will die having never been to space while countless generations will live in the future that will experience life in ways that you and i can never imagine.

it was the record they placed on the voyager spacecraft, with small snippts of human culture recorded with the intention that perhaps they'll be found by aliens.

You're fucking retarded if you think any of that shit is gonna happen.
Seriously

2018: fidget spinners and macbook pros

2118: faster-than-light travel, holographic projections, nuclear fusion, exploration to the ends of space, constant discovery and new heights

my only chance is reincarnation

or maybe cryogenics. but i dont know if i could actually handle being thrust into the 22nd century being a 21st century cretin. i wouldnt fit in, i would be half as smart as the stupidest janitor, janitors probably wouldnt even exist anymore with robots doing 99% of manual labor. people would either choose to live a life of careless ignorance or a life of dangerous adventure.

why do you think it can't happen? because our current understanding of physics says it can't? life will be radically different in 100 years, no one could even begin to imagine how life will be in 100 years. but if anything will change, its that we will understand the world a little bit more by then and that will most likely translate into radically new horizons.

we're already on the cusp of space travel. do you really think that we're the only forms of life in the entire universe? we've barely even begun. think of life in 2200 or 2300. does it not hurt you that you will never experience life better than what we have now?

>tfw born too early to be unknownspaceadorer toxicwasteexplorer

we've only recently mapped the human genome. we don't even know how our brains work. incurable diseases plague society. mental retardation and low IQ subhumans cause chaos and trouble for society. our life is destined to be a cog in the wheel until the day we die

>life will be radically different in 100 years
It really wont.

we can only dream

>tfw born too early to be a space pioneer
>tfw born too early to be a space pirate
>tfw born too early to travel to new planets
>tfw born too early to see alien life
>tfw born too early to be genetically engineered from birth to be beautiful, strong, and tall

alright that's enough internet for me today.
gtg
have to cry my self to sleep again.

Imagine how someone 100 years ago would view the things most people view as "normal" today. Now project that 100 years from now.

life in 1900 is not even comparable to today. plus with the invention of the working computer and transistor, progress has drastically accelerated. however, we're only on the beginning of this climb and progress is only starting to pick up quickly.

flappers and type writers were popular in 1900. today, we can do moderately amazing things, from the perspective of someone born in 1900. but 100 years from now, the things that will be possible will dwarf the jump from 1900 to 2000.

stop bitching and cryo yourself already. i hear its ... pretty cool

>born just in time to witness humanity wipe itself out with anti-matter bombs
finally. you ape niggers disgust me.

hold me

even the best life today is incomparable to a life in the near future. no amount of money can change the fact you were born 100 years too early

>tfw born just in time for 30% performance hit, CODE-OF-CONDUCT.md, npm install and the islamification of the west

our existence will be a blip in the grand scheme. 100 years from now, the only significance they will mention of our time was the invention of the transistor and lithium ion battery.

we will be forgotten about, not even the rich will be remembered or cared about. life will be too great for them to care about anything else but the excitements of the world around them.

This thread gave me the feels. I want to be born in the future so bad...

Yeah ok but why is space and the future so important exactly? Progress is important and people get smarter but how do we supposed to know exactly how important the present is? Maybe we have all the potential we need right now.

Certainly time is a strange thing. The last few months would have seemed like a much longer stretch of time when I was younger / here before..

I think in looking at likely future progress we shouldn't miss the significance of the present moment, of Now. All the major yogic practices emphasise this, for example.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say. Sure I've wasted time, sure I would have liked the last 29 years to have been 300 but we're here now and it's amazing. What are the odds?

Hmm have a pic.

we know nothing

>the only significance they will mention of our time was the invention of the transistor and lithium ion battery.
post yfw it turns out to be neither of those and just "the iphone was invented"

progress doesnt exist
the only reason people want to expand out into the stars is because it's biologically imperative, not morally imperative

>tfw born too early to have robotic waifu
:(

the world needs us for the future to be great. but they will not be grateful. they will not remember us. we will die and our works will go towards promises that we will never see.

>All the major yogic practices emphasise this, for example
>don't build a toilet for tomorrow if you need to poo today
>proceeds to defecate on the street
curry/5

we are smart enough to know what we don't know, curious enough to want to know, but too stupid to understand.

>tfw born just in time to ruin my life through majoring in computer science

Yeah thanks for the respect user.

You know what? Fuck you all. No more future folks. Have phun.

we know whats out there

wow we have better weapons and can access what are essentially digital magazines.
And shit's a little faster now
The only real invention that has drastically changed human life in the last 100 years is penicillin, and that was a fucking accident.
More technology is not a good thing user.

do you remember the first time you've ever ridden on a plane and you look out beyond the clouds and wonder what could be out there? the feeling of being so far up in the sky but still not even close to the next closest body. every now and then, i look up and sometimes i think back to that first time flying through the clouds and still get that same feeling of wonder and sadness knowing that ill never be out there

we were so close. maybe next time we'll be a little bit more lucky

>born in the right time to experience the wild west of the internet
>But your family was too poor to afford a PC
>So you missed out on that

>Live a simple, but fulfilling life on a farm/family business.
>Everyone is accounted for in society, has a job to do and will find a woman to marry and have kids with.
>Death will come around 60-80, long enough for a good life but short enough to keep you on your toes
>If you get a major disease you will most likely die, but the plague is over so you really have to try
>You rarely have to buy things, and when you they last and are serviceable.
>Live a complicated, yet meaningless life
>You're not accounted for socially, have to struggle to find a job even with an education
>People are constantly moving, making their only anchor in life be social media
>You're not guaranteed a mate, have to try very hard to appease one and even then you'll likely get dumped, divorced, cheated on etc.
>People are constantly depressed because of artificial dopaminergic dependency on social media.
>It's no longer uncommon to live until 90, but the majority of your life is utterly meaningless wage slavery.
>If you get a major disease you wont die, but you'll be painfully sustained on chemo, other meds and surgical procedures.
>High chance of your body literally destroying itself with allergy, cancer and autoimmune diseases.
>You constantly have to buy things and they rarely last for more than a year.

>born just in time to have nanobots build full nervous system torture networks in every person so they can be enslaved
neat, i cant wait to serve our just overlords at amazon and google

29,950 days until the year 2100

stuck on this planet

Probably humans will die out or turn full mad max within a century or two, so you haven't missed anything.

Doubt it

I think janitors of the future probably will be able to clean out a whole building, they just have a terminal and command robots to clean an entire skyscraper
a glorified cleaning robot manager

its cold in here

>implying any of these things will ever exist, even given a 100 thousand years

>born just in time to become the pioneers for biological implants

>born just in time to experience proto-cyberpunk

i guess it just wasnt meant to be

>increasing gap between the poor and rich
>decreasing resources and lack of reliable green energy source
>unmaintainable economy
>inevitable nuclear war in the future for resources
Probably humans will survive, but forget Blade Runner style world and cheapo space traveling.

what kind of upheaval will happen when everything becomes automated?

do it yourself
make your own future if you want it so bad stupid
thats what elon is trying to do

maybe tomorrow

>born just in time to have agorist counter-economics break the state down into ancap

the future will bring change but none of the shit OP is spewing. Restating the science fiction shit you've been fed since a kid doesn't constitute an intellectually honest account of the future.

>tfw born too late to be a nazi
>tfw born too early to become a raider in post apocalyptic world

You're living in the greatest, most technologically advanced society that has ever existed on this earth. Compared to the shit people had to live through thousands of years ago you are fucking spoiled. Don't forget that.
You should be damned thankful that your ancestors lived through that and worked for a better future that we enjoy today. It's all a matter of perspective. Instead of whining like a child you can enjoy what you've got, and maybe make some positive contributions that will allow those kinds of experiences for your descendants.

CPUs are very powerful these days, stfu

This is ironic.

lmao what do you care? You don't even go outside, and it's not true.

Stupid newfag who has fallen for Sup Forums memes.

Just because it were 1800, you wouldn't get any pussy because people were people back then. And you were more likely to get sick back then. Your own problem if you don't eat unhealthily.

Just survive the upcoming apocalypse

youre just being a pessimist
you cant actually give an "intellectually honest" account of the future because you cant go ahead and verify it right now
judging by the technological innovations of the last century, the stuff op is talking about is perfectly reasonable as a prediction.

ill be as damn "spoiled" as i want. it's always good to want what's best for yourself
>muh ancestuz
are you some neanderthal who just crawled out of a cave after a thousand years? who gives a shit.

humans will never leave our solar system

Not with that attitude they won't. :^)

>tfw born just in time to witness USA president troll on twitter.

It's not about the attitude

>>tfw born too early to be a space pioneer
The fuck do you mean? You might have been born just in time to be a space pioneer. Private rocket companies are making space more accessible and robotics technology is advancing at a rapid rate. If you had the skills you could design and operate robots to explore the planets, Moons, and asteroids of the solar system. Oh and do stuff like mine places in space for the very first time, do simple manufacturing, etc.

By the time we actually send humans to some of these places, they will already have been explored by robots, that will be remembered. People in the future might even bitch about not living in this era, and not being able to discover the solar system.

>>tfw born too early to experience cybernetic engineering
I don't know what the fuck you mean by experience cybernetic engineering, but we could see some fairly dramatic robot improvements
>>>tfw born too early to be a space pirate
Space pirates can't happen, much in the same way we don't have air and zeppelin pirates today.
>>>tfw born too early to travel to new planets
right now it's a golden age for discovering new planets.
>>tfw born too early to have robotic waifu
user, you were born just in time to have robotic waifus. At lthe very least for fucking. Really we need to give up on the whole anthropomorphic waifus for now. VR plus some robot manipulators is really enough. With some heart rate/other biosensing, we can make amazing fuckbots that will keep you on edge for hours.
>>tfw born too early to experience life through permanent AR
fucking why
>>tfw born too early to be genetically engineered from birth to be beautiful, strong, and tall
you can still hold out for gene therapy user

>we just sent some of our limited gold-supply to space just some retarded aliens can learn that we know some stuff

>born too early to encounter civilizations that are milennia ahead of us technologically, realizing we are the niggers of the Milky Way and we will NEVER surpass them unless they self-destruct
feels kinda good

>meme science: the post

it's only about 4LY to the next system, assuming all the speed up and slow down make it 12 years with future tech. People will do it

Your mentality is shit son.
We're born at just the right time to help create these things.

But of you believe something really hard... :^)

>meme science: the thread

it'll never happen

You might have hope on this one. At the very least I'll be funding or working on the research for this if it hasn't gotten to a certain point by the time I reach retirement.
The good news is that VR will be advanced enough in your life to have an incredibly immersive experience being a space pioneer pirate.

such an ignorant thing to say

>no one mentions life extending tech may be available in a few decades

Nothing's impossible, Mario. Improbable, Unlikely, but never impossible.

This whole view on the subject is flawed, be born 100 years later and you would still feel like you're missing out on the future. It's about jumps in society, relative to you... I like walking around the city looking at things through the eyes of someone from 1500, try it and you will be amazed! What all of you feel and want can't be satisfied

I don't think you understand the logistics involved in realistic interstellar travel

>tfw will never be young nobleman in peace medieval times

Im pretty sure I have it better than all of my ancestors except the ones who owned slaves, and I dont have to really worry about getting measles or polio. Im not about to start complaining. Even if we were traveling in space, making weekend commutes to the moon, etc, we would quickly become jaded and it would just become normal and boring again.

pic related sums it up pretty much perfectly

I understand it enough to know that it's not possible with our current understanding and technology and material science. Even if it was possible to accelerate something with mass up to a speed fast enough for interstellar travel to be realistic the collision with a small rock would be enough to be disastrous.
We'd be better off using a larger low speed craft that simulates gravity and emulates the earths magnetic field and filling it with people who know themselves and their next number of generations will die before their descendants have a chance to get somewhere.

I still have hope though. Hope that one day we're figure out how to do something completely stupid like phase through matter or effectively reduce our mass to near zero. Not that I'd be alive by the time any of that is considered anything less then pure stupidity.

personally I'm looking forward to asteroid mining

there's no such thing as "realistic space travel" just like there wasn't "realistic flying machines" in the 10th century. We will invent tech to make it realistic. It's the height of hubris to claim you happen to live in the most advanced age

>Or just in time to witness dystopia when the corporate unthrones the state and we all become part of quasi nation companies

>tfw ein sof

>born just in the right time to live in the same age of Stallman
>born just in the right time to be able to use computers which are not fully botnet
>born just in the right time to be able to order psychedelics from the internet
>born just in the right time to be able to participate in the Great European Race War

>It's the height of hubris to claim you happen to live in the most advanced age
but currently we do?

*tips fedora*

and why do you think we won't progress further?

>born just in time for pointless Sup Forums trolling

Average person in XIX century could barely make a living. With no worker rights you would be working 16 hours a day, your children would work in a mine and you would need to sleep in a rented coffin in a smog covered city.
And then you would cut your hand operating some shitty machine without any safety measures and die of infection because there were no antibiotics.
I hate you nostalgiafags

I said 1800, not 1900 you dumb motherfucker.
Well before the jewish industrial "revolution"

>1800
>well before the industrial (((revolution)))
Burger education