I installed Windows 10 on 60GB partition and it hardly took up any space

I installed Windows 10 on 60GB partition and it hardly took up any space.

Then after one update my PC restarts and I see this.

What the absolute fuck? I turned off the Windows Update service but how did a single update use like 40GB?

Okay I think I found the culprit.

Do I just delete this back up or revert?

Not sure if I even want these updates all they seem to do was fuck with the start bar.

This is a 2 yr old LTSB install - but I never update.

Meltdown and Spectre can eat a dick
Looks like Windows does a full backup of the previous installation? Google around for info.

It does indeed and I've found out I can delete the old back ups but should I just revert to the older version? Windows doesn't tell me what's new in the update.

It does. Basically, every serious update is actually system reinstallation and Windows now creates backup of old one and keep it for 30 days or something, in case you would want to roll back for some reason.

How do you turn off updates permanently? I disabled Windows update service but it still happened.

There in settings, you can simply restore to the old backup.

Are you retarded? Run disc cleanup and clean up system files. It removes the windows.old and other backups created by Windows update. Fucking wannabe dumbasses.

Windows.Old
Hybernation
Pagefile

There, I freed up 40GB of your 60 GB

He should keep the pagefile because windows is a dumbass and I CBA to find the links that say it's bad but if he doesn't use hibernation then make it smaller, like 4gb or something, easily configurable, op is a fucking dumbass.

Power off -h off in admin CMD turns off hibernation and cleans up some files

>Fucking wannabe dumbasses
Not sure why you're angry or why I'm a wanna be but why should I remove an old version instead of reverting to that version? Are updates worth it?

Fucking autocorrect. Powercfg -h off

I hope you don't work in it or are studying it, the field is filled with dumbasses who come here because of the media shitshow, I hope you die. If you have your networking figured out, and hardened security then I guess updates don't matter, but reading the thread I doubt it, so go with the updates you idiot

>someone is new to something
>calls him retarded
>hopes he dies

Does it ever get boring being this angry?

You forgot Recycle Bin, that's 10% of drive space by default.

Nope.
Go back to where you came, either leddit or leddit-lite ( Sup Forums )

I've been using Linux for the last 13 years sorry for not being an expert on Windows within one week of installing.

I wish I was as smart as you.

Yeah, don't believe you, because I use Linux and windows both and usually people who use aren't as dumb as you. Lrn2man (you should get it as you "used Linux") and stop asking retarded questions. Fucking technet is full of manuals for debils like you

Such a BIG BOY using both and being a computer nerd, bet you impress everyone with your superior knowledge and experience!

Imagine if you picked up a sport or hobby and on your first day your instructor started acting like the autistic child that you are and basically making it clear that he's better than everyone else.

That's you. Pathetic. Nobody is impressed, do something more productive with your life.

And yes I have been using Linux for the last decade, I haven't seen a desktop environment in the last 5. I use i3 and terminals and work mostly only server stuff and this is new to me.

Not the other guy, but you've got Google you complete retard.

type "services.msc", find the "windows update" service. Open it's properties, stop it, set the "start up" to disabled.

Imagine that I actually play squash and golf you debilic. And I don't get my panties in a bunch when someone calls me out for being a dumbass. Maybe you should just remove yourself from the gene pool you utter moron?

Every time a major Windows update occurs, Windows basically saves a backup of all affected OS files. If you look in Disk Cleanup, you should be able to save several gigabytes.

>How do you turn off updates permanently?
Oh boy

>40gb
I just checked my disk cleanup and it's at max only 1.2 gb ...

Use the update. And turn off hibernate and cut down / turn off system restore space. Disk cleanup with system files will clear you win.old and more

Check out CCleaner too but I don't clear cookies with it

Windows 10 with the latest updates + Libre Office & Firefox on one of my laptps takes just 13GB.

how is yours so big?
And how is your windows.old so big too while we're at it?

delete the windows.old folder. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Mines only a gig.
And I did, I hadn't done disk cleanup in a while.

the fuck? your windows.old folder should be as big as your windows folder. it's a copy of it... thats the point.

use disk cleanup and remove the temporary windows installation files

speaking of, I need to do that because of the broken update that doesn't install

Why do I keep seeing CCleaner recommendations when it looks like it spouts bullshit like anti-malware?
Things like providing 'registry cleanup'
Does it catch necessary (and safe to remove) stuff that disk cleanup doesn't?

Weird..