Does anyone here do this?

Does anyone here do this?

I had a good friend of mine show this to me the other day - “biphasic sleep cycles” - and it looks productive as fuck.

My only concern is the minimum suggested hours of sleep is 7, I’m not sure what would happen even if you could conditon yourself down to 6. Anyone with weird sleep pattern experience, your advice is appreciated in this thread.

Not sleeping is technology

Took me about 3 days to get on to it, about 5 days to stop doing it.

It’s a nice thing having more time, but desu no ones awake and it’s very lonely.
Did it for college cause my sleep got fucked so I just started experimenting

I suggest removing at least 1h awake on each side. You'll really lower your life expectancy if you do that for more than a few weeks.

And where is the downside?

We’re you still able to function normally, with full mental/physical alacrity after you conditioned your body? I’m going to start on it today.

I did this for work/school and it wasn't fun at all. Tired as fuck every time I woke up and had to force myself to get out of bed. Around the second month I completely slept through my alarm two days in a row missing work. Luckily my boss understood my situation and I didn't get fired. The weekend felt like I was playing sleep catch-up all the time

>Business development = School
>Coding = Work

A lot if people, well nerds, like the idea of biphasic but none had managed to stick with it for an appreciable length of time. So it probably doesn't work good. Some say that people naturally did this before electric lighting but maybe they slept for Notre time overall too.

Do you think it would work better to combine the two sleep blocks into one, large sleep block of 6hrs rather than break it up - or is the whole idea to trick your body into feeling more rested than it actually is?

where's anime

My personally I would need to merge the sleeping into a single session. I find it harder to function on less than five hours of sleep per day after about the third day in a row. I don't know the idea or reasoning behind it, but I imagine it's supposed to work around how REM sleep happens. Not wake up during this type of sleep I believe but it's different for everyone

>My only concern is the minimum suggested hours of sleep is 7
This is individual and it can vary depending on the season. For example during summer I can do just fine with 5-6 hours of sleep but during winter I still feel tired after 8 hours of sleep.

Gotta be a complete jackass to do this without any scientific proof of safety.

>Being an actual wageslave drone
No, thanks!

I just go 36/12... I don't know why, it's uber uneffective. Google out for uberman.

We are the proof.

Are you fucktard? Nobody has scientific proof of safaty of most things you do. NOT EVEN 16/8 cycle. Also there is hypothesys suggesting why people still die so young like 160.

you die faster

>We are the proof.
Maybe in 40 years you will serve as a throwaway example in a week-long study, and that's it. At best.
Until then, you are losing the battle with nature, which thinks 8 hours of sleep is great.

Except it historically doesn't. Never confuse current fashion with nature.

>masturbating for 6 hours straight
And I thought I was a fucking weirdo

We have spent more time snoozing in caves or under trees than being woken up early to do field work.

I can't say a full 6 hours awake in the middle of the night is normal, but European and Middle Eastern cultures used to spend one or two hours awake in the middle of the night. They'd go to sleep early, wake up to read, fuck, pray, or visit people, and then go back to sleep. But rather than minimize total sleep, it just shuffled the times around. There wasn't much else to do once the sun went down, and it was hard to sleep for nearly 12 hours until sunrise without some sort of break.

oh fuck i thought this was a 12 hour clock. my bad. i wake up in the middle of the night and fap myself to sleep. i like edging and slowly caressing my dick instead of the traditional strokes. so, it isn't that bad on my skin or my wrist, it just wastes time.

>wrist
God it feels good to go raw and dry against your palm or even forearm, especially if you are hairy.

This. Every month in biphasic sleep takes a year off your life. That's why humans lived such short lives thousands of years ago, and why we live so long today.

>Notre
G..go Irish?

so... like you do right now

So why the long face?

>My concern is 7h of sleep is not enough!
Fucking hell, how long burgers usually sleep? For me it's hard to sleep longer than 8h.
When I feel that morning came, just open my eyes and get up.
Sleep is for weak.

Story of my life

You're going to have crippling dementia.

>not doing ubermensch

In the trash, where it belongs

enjoy dying in a year

All work and no play makes user a dull boy.