Give me one good reason to not use this as my daily driver

Give me one good reason to not use this as my daily driver.

complicated

breaks often

doesn't come with systemd

>Using a distro with a "heart with a hole in it" logo.

You're thinking of Arch

>doesn't come with systemd
Motherfucking this.

>heart
I don't see it

gentoo has a systemd install you brainlets. Also systemd is NOT an upside.

Takes 5 hours to download shit

You have a slow system with low ram and don't want to compile. You could alternatively use cloverOS and only compile select packages.

You can install with systemD, it's in the guide. You just change one line and emerge it.

after all the mess of Intel CPU nonsense, compilation time will be painfully long. I've just got P71 with Xenon and was enjoying super fast eight parallel compilation and setup KDE in no time... Gentoo is fucked, If you don't mind systemd, use arch.

Interestingly, arch doesn't break any more often than ubuntu. I've been using it for years now on 3 of my machines all with different configs. Maybe the whole thing is a meme
Though i have to agree, setting it up is a pain in the ass when compared to ubuntu and the like

So if I have an FX-8350 and 16GB RAM and an SSD, what will my performance be like?

rolling release is a constant bugfest

if you want to spend all your time fixing a broken OS then enjoy gentoo

personally i would stick with something more stable, like Debian

For what it's worth, it works just fine on my Pentium G4560 (2c/4t) with 16GB RAM and an SSD.

Arch breaks much LESS than Ubuntu for me.

naruhodo

Portage which is written in Python

Gentoo is all about choice, if you want to fly in the face of the Unix you can install gentoo with SystemD.