Batoto will be closing permanently

bato.to/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently

Replacement website like nyaa when? Have until the 18th to backup everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat
horriblesubs.info/2017/05/nyaa-si-our-new-home-for-our-torrents/
manga.madokami.al/READ.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good riddance

Fuck this , there’s never a reliable way to read manga

Like why can we make a safe e-hentai ?

Fucking finally. Maybe a new one not run by fags will come up

good. I was visiting when various tranlations began shitting on mangafox, but it sucked ass so i never used it.

>cucked by companies again

Fuck this.
I still have plenty of BLs yet to archive not in the sekrit club

[√] Assassination of Batoto

just pay for your shit fagots. how's it like being a cybernigger?

What features would you want/expect for a manga reader website?

Fucking Daiz, how does he keep getting away with it?

No comment sections or forums because all that does is encourage faggotry.
Ability to follow/favorite manga and put bookmarks so I can keep going from where I left off.
Ability to organize my favorites list.

>What features would you want/expect for a manga reader website?
The ability to read manga

again?

didn't even know they came back.

I want it to be a sekrit club.

Full chapter loading and the ability to keep track of a certain manga or translation team.

this plus not run by faggot cocksucking mods, who delete anything that could hurt their ad money as far as ecchi goes but leave yaoi smut just fine.

Just a copypaste of sadpanda with good tags.

>sekrit club
>rss feed
>long strip mode

name, cover picture, small summary, content tags
(just make it easy to avoid that gender bender cancer)

I second these.

Expand on the "organize favorite" wish? Are you talking about folders?

So, basically which is actually a good idea

Filtering based on tags, languages, authors, artists and scanlation teams is a must.

fetish tags don't go too well with manga
use MU tags instead.

>paying to import a dozen+ magazines from Japan, in a language I don't know, just to try new manga
no thanks lad

We need to revive RSS or something. Bring back decentalization.

An alternative revenue model to ads for paying the server cost?

Tachiyomi is how I read manga nowadays, doesn't really affect me.

>RSS
>decentralization
lol

Yes. Being able to organize your favorites by grouping the manga in custom folders would be great. I would also like to be able to put custom notes on the manga I have favorited.

w.e. dont use it anyway
>Replacement website like nyaa when
what does he mean by this?
and explain to me what exactly is it youre gonna pay for? do you even know what batoto was?
allow downloading, as w.e. archive format floats your boat as long as
>it is an open format and/or there are open archivers for that format
>file names are UTF8 encoded, not w.e. your computer prefers

>they don't know about Sup Forums's sekrit club

It wasn't the server cost that was the problem.
Apparently it was the bots and lack of other admins to take care of problems.

Just use m*******

it's not a good idea to even reference it, that's how you get people curious

Sup Forums made a replacement for nyaa when it went down.
nyaa.pantsu.cat
This is our opportunity to make a manga reader free of faggot mods and SJW yaoifags.

tachiyomi uses kissmanga, mangahere, and batoto (maybe others, dont remember now) for english, you stoopid

Why do you need a website? Why not just download?

>languages
god no. I read english and don't give a fuck about turkish, russian, or arab tranlation updates when I just want to track those updates I actually read. The is no need for a language tag, it will only shit up the site.

I've been using kissmanga for a while now, no loss in quality or watermarks like Mangafox and all pages in a single load.

Which takes its stuff from Batoto most of the time dumbass.

Kissmanga and mangahere both rip Batoto, so when it goes down it will take all the other shit down with it.

What about raws? It would be great if raws were on the site.

oh ok, makes more sense now
i would rather keep using torrents though, using sites SUCKS ASS

So? I lose the Batoto catalog (which was missing a lot of licensed manga anyway) and use another catalog like KM.

Fuck off retard.

And both decompress images.

This and better compatibility with stand monitors or just hide the toolbar when reading something so you only get the manga itself on the screen. I don't usually have that problem, but on my old 1080 monitor I had to full screen the brower and then scroll down a little. It was a paint in the ass.

What's a BL?

Yes, and? Why are you not following the scanlators with RSS and downloaded their chapters from the source? Besides, there's still the goddess with some backups, nothing else matters desu.

I assume boys' love (yaoi manga)

Meant compress.

There are scanlators that don't have anything and just upload straight to Batoto.

>tfw they used my mascot idea

exactly my point
>doesn't really affect me
is bullshit
if its centralized, it affects you. now its batoto, next time could be kissmanga/mangahere/w.e. and then youll notice and come whining

isn't that something for tranlsation teams? What would I need the raws for if I can't read it?

Because an online reader makes it extremely easy to discover and try new manga, and you don't have to visit a dozen websites to get the latest chapters of whatever you're reading.

You're a fucking idiot. A simple option to hide other languages works well, as it did on Batoto.

I like to be able to see ahead and get an idea of what's going to happen if the translation is taking a long time or if it's been dropped. I don't like having to go to some shady chink site that tries to download shit on my computer so I can get the raws.

A central collection of all the different series I read, all scanned by different groups, with release schedules ranging from same time every week, to months between chapters. Some series only uploaded to batoto with no site to keep track of releases at all.

That is why people use manga sites to read manga. Batoto also didnt resize uploads, nor did they add their own shitty watermarks to every page.

>implying implications

That's precisely why you'd want language tags, monsieur cum rag, so you don't get notifications for languages you're not interested in.

Because websites generally aren't tailored specifically for one person's needs, Narcissus

>tfw it lost
People keep using .si, even being uglier, no matter what skin you use, and having exactly the same.
I ended using it too and I hate myself.

but I think batoto is shit never use it.

maybe it could have been better if the threads stopped being so concerned about mascots and shitposting

never heard about that before

gayshit.
shit's niche, gets dmca'd fast, and not hosted that much
it's one of the ultra-rare ones

I've never stopped using Pantsu. I hate the cartel too much to use theirs.

Pantsu being late in uploads was the major factor for me.

Maybe you think the whole site is shit, and that's fine, but the language option on it takes half a second to use and just works.

Whatever scraper it uses is fucking garbage. 90% of the time I go to check if a recent episode is there, it's on .si but not on pantsu.

First page host RAW only, you need to register like in sadpanda to see translated chapters

How does it feel to not use the superior website because of a meme?

then I propose a seperate RAW central for translation teams and those interested. to keep it away from those who just read it and don't have a habbit of spoiling themselves.

A "subscription" list for registered users.
It would show which series you're following and which ones have updated since your last visit.

Hi, cartel-san.

t. cartel bitch

Customizable manga lists that each have their own RSS feeds. I want to be able to get exactly the series and languages I want on a feed so I can automate my consumption as much as possible.

HorribleSubs use .si
>horriblesubs.info/2017/05/nyaa-si-our-new-home-for-our-torrents/

enjoy your late scraped seconds

>That is why people use manga sites to read manga
But they don't download, and instead stream? Why?

Nobody's forcing you to read the raws, baka. If you don't want them, maybe just ignore them?

That would be a good idea, that would definitely attract the japanese too. desertsnow is fucking dead.

And they get scrapped and put on Pantsu. Why must you shill for the cartel on a thread not even about nyaa.? Do you get paid or >do it for free?

>shilling for the cartel for free

there's no difference between "steaming" a manga at full resolution (like Batoto provides) and downloading it

FUCK

HOW DO I BULK BACKUP SHIT FROM BATOTO

madokami's good enough

the scraper is slow

You fucking nigger.

DELET

im not shilling anyone, nor was i the one who started talking about pantsu vs si you retard
the pantsu shills above started crying how the si is more popular, i simply shared what i think is the biggest reason for si's popularity
>As a few of my peers have warned me, racism seems to also be a concern (...) and we’d like to distance ourselves away from such drama

Madokami isn't a reader though.

Literally the only thing I want is not resized images.
If you do the load every page at once crap kissmanga does that's fine too but it's secondary.

Gonna expand on this a bit. No facebook or other social media integration or faggotry either. At most, have a twitter so we know if there's any downtime or maintenance.

MODS MODS MODS

FUCK OFF

manga.madokami.al/READ.txt

What's so special about bato? Does it have the largest collection or is it the most frequently used?

Non retarded interface
Don't modify images in any way (compression, watermark etc.)
That's it. Though having a mode to load all pages at once as opposed from page to page would also be nice.

You either deliver a fast product or a quality product, and there's no quality attached to torrents, this is a simple fact, user, no shill