On a scale of 1 to 10, how BOTNET is Windows 10?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how BOTNET is Windows 10?
Is Windows still worth developing applications and games for?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows 10 is the definition for the 10 in the botnet scale

>On a scale of 1 to 10, how BOTNET is Windows 10?
Probably 8
>Is Windows still worth developing applications and games for?
Considering Windows takes up about 95% of the desktop market share...

10, no. Develop for other platforms so more support and users move to them.

Just use SDL/Open GL for your stuff.
It's not only more open source friendly, as it is actually easier than using native windows shit.

>Is Windows still worth developing applications and games for?

When you control about 90% of the desktop OS market it's hard to argue that it's not worth developing apps for it, if you're developing desktop apps in the first place. If the platform is dangerous for it's users or not is practically irrelevant when you have a market share as commandeering as that.

The greatest threat to Windows is the mobile market with smartphones and tablets, which are taking over the space held by the desktop market much in the same way laptops took over most of the desktop machine market.

In other words; If your choice of platform to develop on is purely based on the size of the market then the most important markets are clearly desktop Windows, iOS and Android.

Botnet is a meme and Windows 10 is not botnet

I'd say 9

Cross platform development is literally the easiest it's ever been. Look into what cross platform libraries are available that are relevant to what you want to do.

There's no comparable alternatives
>inb4 ios clusterfuck or m-muh free as in freedom a.k.a. no support linux

But Linux has plenty of support. Stop using arguments from the 90s

0 being TempleOS
and 10 being ChromeOS / Android
Windows 10 is probably a 9

About 8.5 I'd say. It's really bad.

That "10" in the name is there for a reason.

By default, it's a 10. If you turn down the telemetry to 'basic," it might be like 8.

11/10 Botnet
Hell no. Don't bother with such a trash os. Develop for open platforms instead.

How the fuck can you say Android is more botnet than windoze?
Sure, Android is not completely free, but it's tame as fuck compared to the sheer amount of spyware Windows 10 has.

windows is a mere 3 in terms of botnet unless you are retarded. You can have a fully debloated installation and maintenance of it if you are not a jackass

Don't listen to Sup Forums trolls unless you want to end up unemployed/poor. Most of the market uses windows, therefore you should try developing applications for it.

PS. no shill. Linux user here that actually makes money working for the real consumer crowd.

Spoken like a true wagecuck shill.
Get lost, scum.

Friendly reminder that 3 is greater than 0.

no, not really. At this point very good game engines are available for free to everyone, and the popular ones (unity and unreal) support many platforms. Linux is hyper easy to use, especially with ubuntu.
More and more people are swtiching to it. Im not the only idiot using debian as a daily driver in class now

>anything greater than 0
>acceptable

the only reason i use windows is because of games
i used to love windows, now i fucking hate it. I hate cortana, it's pure spyware.
Please start releasing games for linux and i'll never touch windows again

One rupee has been deposited into your Microsoft account.

A lot of shit runs quite well on Wine nowadays, it has improved a lot. Give it a shot.

>believing that any modern unix-like OS is a pure zero

i'm a complete retarded jackass, please tell me how to remove all the privacy intrusion options from my win10 pro. I can't even uninstall cortana

enjoy your tinfoil life friendo. make sure to destroy your HDD's after reading this post. THEY ARE WATCHING YOU!

Might as well work with windows 10. Linux got the D with systemD so its on the road to botnet city anyways and linux doesnt give a shit about posix compliance anymore. Might as well develop on the platform people actually use and isnt eternally a backwards system. Windows and BSD are pretty much the only useful systems these days.

The thing about Android, with the exception of the "de-google:d" forks like Paranoid Android, is that it's always collected pretty much exactly the same data Windows 10 collects and turning it off has been even more work. What truly makes it worse is how much it lets apps collect so it's not just Google that's datamining you, it's at least half a dozen other companies. Why else do you think apps like Facebook demand access to so much they no real reason to touch?

it's alright, your parents are going to pay for that connection to the internet and for that 4chink pass so you can post more of your bitter stories.

GNU/Linux is botnet free.

>believing that's somehow what i implied

this should have been the first post, goddammit

>being this butthurt

If you're scared of botnets you shouldn't be using windows to begin with. Working with sensitive data while on windows is the most stupid thing you can do my friend.

>the ones who call everyone a soyboy are the beta soyboys.
Is this some sort of reverse jewery?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

graphics engine systems guy here. no its fucking not. opengls api is hot garbage compared to directx. most devs write a wrapper for opengl that ends up being more similar to directx functions. vulkans dope though but too young

It depends on the distribution. Some are, but most of them aren't. Still, no higher than 1-2.

if you have administration rights, run services.msc and disable every bit of botnet.

After that, look into your registry and delete everything suspicious, setting the folders to non-writeable.( If you don't know what I am talking about here, please consult online guides if you find any, haven't searched if there are)

Another solution is to do all of the above on an LTSB windows variant.

But whatever measure you take, with things like the "recent" cpu shit (it's been around for quite a while) , there is no real unbotneted build.

So best measure is stop being paranoid and really focus on what you want to disable just to save up memory on your system.

I have no idea what you're on about. The only linux distribution that came with botnet was Ubuntu with the amazon garbage, but they don't do that anymore. GNU/Linux distributions are generally 0 on the botnet scale.

Back to the shitting street, Pajeet

No, it is not. I believe I need no reference on that. If you still demand it though, I think you are the one that needs to waste their time yet again to research how stuff works. No reason to waste my time over such paranoia. You believe what you believe, but you are really propagating agendas at this point, not facts.

Linux, unless you actually sit down to write the source from scratch, is no less botnet than windows.

Good luck maintaining that. If you had a life and job you'd see how worthless it is.

That's a problem with botnet apps, not of the OS itself. I don't deny that stock Android itself does have botnet features, but it's not forcing you to install shitty apps like the official Facebook app. It's your choice. You can't blame the OS.

>GNU/Linux distributions are generally 0 on the botnet scale.
Unfortunately that's not true, but it's not really the fault of the devs, but that of the proprietary blobs.

What? Why you think "not worth"? Are you a nigger or just retarded?

see you need more research on the field.

It's in the fucking name. There has never been a more botnet operating system, ever. It's scanning your files, it doesn't respect your privacy, it doesn't respect your settings, it doesn't respect your schedule, you literally lose control over your PC when you install it.

The Linux kernel itself includes BLOBs.

>some closed-source firmware drivers = botnet
Excellent argument

>being so bold
I have as much time on the internet as I please. If you write your type of shit, I'll be happy to write my type of shit back. :^)

>You can have a fully debloated installation and maintenance of it if you are not a jackass
Not an argument. We're talking about stock installations here, not some custom shit that's been tailored to have all bloatware and spyware shit removed.

>Linux, unless you actually sit down to write the source from scratch, is no less botnet than windows.
GNU/Linux distros including proprietary blobs running on proprietary hardware are vulnerable but they're still less botnet than Windows by a long, long way in most cases. FSF endorsed distros even more so. To claim that they are just as botnetted as Windows 10 is an absolutely disgraceful untruth. What are you playing at?

Are you retarded or just stupid?
Even the most botnet distributions are not even comparable to Windows 10. LESS botnet doesn't mean NO botnet. But it's still less. Also stop LARPing as employed.

Nothing more to say, you have proven my point. You are the very same person that bitched about how CPUs work last week, yet has no problem with drivers of any kind unless
>it's loonix

such double standards

Is this your first time on Sup Forums?

I thought we were arguing on whether linux IS botnet or not , short memory span there I see, hehe

Proving my own point nevertheless

Easy to say when your point was clearly none at all.

Windows can ideally be at the same tier of botnet, if not zero. Seems like you haven't used it in a while.

I'm not the user you were initially arguing with. I saw your post and felt it was in dire need of correction. I haven't proved you right in the slightest. Your post was patently false. There is no GNU/Linux distribution as botnet as W10.

>Inconceivable linux blabber

you can read my point lines above. It's up to you having the ability to do so or not.

I hope page scrolling works on linux.

nah, just a regular cherrypicking

Windows could never get anywhere near zero on the botnet scale no matter what you do.

More scrolling problems, you should file that as a bug, I see.

How going on the marketing team pajeet?

Depends on the user's experience, indeed

As bad as you're doing with using OSes, Michael :^)

>there are some proprietary drivers that you likely don't even need or use
>therefore GNU/Linux is botnet
Nope. I agree close source software is not ideal, but that doesn't put Linux anywhere above a 0 unless you can prove those drivers actually do something malicious like data collection.

No amount of experience would allow you to examine and audit all the proprietary code for malicious functionality.

Point is only tinfoils like you are so keen on "exposing" OSes instead of actually doing work on them. That being said it's no surprise that only windows gets "exposed" so much, when in reality, gnu/linux is just too irrelevant to expose.

Every modern OS you don't make with your own hands is a botnet.

>t. absolute spastic

>oops, loonix has that too

Unless you are deranged, you can do it.

More nonsense. Linux has no malicious activity. It is botnet-free. You don't need to use only software you make to avoid the botnet.

I'd agree on your terminology, still don't see how it makes Linux less of a botnet.

Your personal issues/opinions with/about me have nothing to do with facts about OSes

Now that's straight up opinions right there, you'll have to try harder, user

Yeah because is not the most os used on pentesting, nah is not the most use for security, code that gets audited constantly for various benchmarks like servers,etc
your marketing is not working pajeet get the poo in the loo

>implying your drivel isn't just your own opinion

If only I could read what you are writing, dear user. That would make the argument worth having.
I can't even understand your points now.
Use your inhaler and try again please.

>ignoring the whole reply
Nice argument right there pajeet, your marketing is not obvious or anything

Unless you write it, no, it's really not.

I didn't ignore it. I tried to read it wholeheartedly. Sadly you had some kind of panic attack typing it and I cannot make out what you are saying other than projecting opinions on how I make of a good marketer.

>using linux myself
>stated since the very start of the thread

2/10
You can't even imagine how bad thins are going to become 5 or 10 years later.

if you cannot read is not my problem pajeet,learn english
you are straight up ignoring it
>using linux myself
yeah and my dad works at nintendo

This website is for adults.

Btw Nintendo is quite irrelevant right now, but good for him.

>64207052
>pretending to be retarded
not even a you

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

Yeah
> because
>is not the most os used on pentesting,
> nah is not the
> most use for security
>,
code that gets audited constantly for various benchmarks like servers,etc
your marketing is not working pajeet
> get the poo
in the loo

you try and read that, dear user.

No argument whatsoever.

>64207103
you can't even quote properly pajeet, is your first day working?
>64207123
there was an argument to reply for?

>64207103
you can't even quote properly pajeet,
>is
your first day working?
>64207123
>there was
an argument to reply
> for?

Your writing really has no way of quoting. You look quite more of a pajeet than what you are implying I am.

>64207193
>can't even move words
can you be more pathetic or this is the start?

win10 is unacceptable
MS fucked up really badly here
that system is dead to me

Finally, a decent English sentence :^)

>64207266
>look me mom, im trolling ecs dee

Those are probably the_donald desu
Implying Sup Forums isn't much older and in a dark basement, or would ever upload selfies like that

/thread

>implying there's not huge crossover between Sup Forums and leddit