Any audiophiles in the house?

Schiit Ragnarok? Waste of money or can I get a better integrated amp for about $1000? Really want a nice desktop setup and willing to put money into it. I got a nice lil entry level setup going but I want something thats good good and gonna last me 20-30 years.

>decide to take money from "audiophile" retards
>unironically name your brand schiieet
alpha as fuck

Go for either the CMA600i (for headphones with 300+ ohms) or a CMA400i (for IEMs and efficient headphones); I've had both. The 600i powered my HD800's beautifully via the balanced output. I later sold them both and picked up the 400i and Campfire Audio Andromedas; the 400i is sonically the same although there is a noticeable lack of power (I think when I still had the HD800, it took the dial 3/4 of the way to get it loud enough versus half a dial on the 600i on the 4 pin XLR output). I've also had a black label iFi Micro which beats the shit out the of Chord Mojo if you want a semi-transportable option.

O2/ODAC is endgame for 250 or sub 200 used.

Anything over that, you're not an audiophile... You're autistic.

O2/ODAC is objectively the best DAC and amp and has a completely open source design and all measurements are made public.

Because of the open design, there are many companies that make it so it's priced competitively.

This. They power literally any headphone on the planet (maybe he-6 needs a little more power).

Saga + Vidar is more cost effective for speakers.
For headphones just get a Jotunheim.

heard their QC and support were unironically schiit, had a lot of complaints n shit
iirc was another g thred

honestly a cambridge 550a is all the amp you need. I have no idea why people waste money on “shit” amps

The only reason not to use this is for headphones with balanced inputs
O2 is endgame for any quarter or eighth inch headphones

Well I'm already using a Schiit modi 2 Uber as a DAC and Im liking it. Prob gonna get a modi 3 soon. I just want a good integrated amp to power my speakers. Was using a Denon PMA 300-V which was a solid state 80s made in Japan beast but the poor guy fried yesterday. Best thrift find for 15 bucks he lasted me a few years.

Right now I'm using a Yamaha R-S202 Receiver and I notice a huge dip in quality. It serves it's purpose but the Denon drove my headphones just fine so I didn't need an amp. Now I do though cause the yamaha sucks for headphones.

If you're actually going to use it for both passive speakers and headphones, and you want a shiny chunk of expensive placebo, then it's honestly a pretty nice piece of kit. If it's for just headphones or just speakers, forget about it, not even remotely worth it.

I'm sure their gear is fine, but I really can't get past the reddit humor with the name.

It's all about looks, quality audio doesn't matter.

My bad, I listed a headphone amplifier instead of one for passive speakers; I'm currently rocking a Marantz PM7005 which has a dac and it sings beautifully paired with my KEF LS50s.

>audiophools

Marantz looks good but I'm picky about my imputs. I don't really need a lot. Like 1 for my Schiit modi and 1 for my turntable. Doesn't need phono as I have a Schiit Magni.

Also I have to admit I like Schiit products. The Vidar with Saga looks really interesting I must say.

More points for made in America. I'm that kind of guy.

Most of Sup Forums buy audio interfaces and headphone amps with grey metal cases, just for the aesthetics.

That's how they pick their audio equipment, it needs to look good in a picture.

That's why they buy this schiit.

It's not reddit humor, its a story for marketing. It's important to have a personable story when creating a business.

I like their humor and that it's American. I've had no problems with any of the gear I have at the moment. Was just thinking about pulling the trigger and getting a complete system.

Yep, if you check their audio boxes, it's always some silver metal box with minimalistic design and big knobs.

Pretty sure most of Sup Forums pick their audio equipment based on aesthetics first.

t. Schitt employee

I honestly prefer the minimalist design but yeah I do agree it's about what comes out. Which is why I'm asking about Schiits amps and preamps. If they are worth investing into cause I have the mani for my turntable and the modi DAC and they are just fine to me.

Nah, I just like their stuff. I've been to their showroom and I own some Schitt.

Think I'm gonna go for the Vidar/Saga combo. 800 less than the Ragnarok and does everything I want. TY for the help guys. Not gonna pull the trigger yet but gonna start saving up. Shouldn't take long tho.

for that kind of $ you can get a really nice mixer, with built in amps and dacs
unless I'm missing something... any benefits to routing your headphones into an amp through a mixer?

I feel I should have phrased my post better. Im looking for a good desktop passive speaker setup. I'm not into mixers or into producing. I mainly listen though speakers as I like to feel my music but don't get me wrong I got a few headphones.

I like my stack

>passive speakers
personally I use active monitors and interface them with the pc through a mixer, along with the headphones that require an amp, and am very satisfied
for your setup it sounds like you do require an amp, but which amp depends on which speakers you're using

That thing is hot garbage.

Emotiva integrated amp is a much better option.