Why weren't they successful holding any of their former colonies?

Why weren't they successful holding any of their former colonies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OucccI1pcFw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_of_'98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they never owned the Pacific Northwest

>Why weren't they successful holding any of their former colonies?

They were. The Spanish Empire lasted a lot longer than the Second British Empire.

At least they keep talking our language. Hating us and swearing in the language of them killers.

youtube.com/watch?v=OucccI1pcFw

Although we lost ours too, but for taxation reasons, mostly.

Our fault. We cucked them out of Cuba and the Phillipenes.

No. we love you, mother.

Why's Brazil in the picture?

It was drawn in 1580

Is adopted, but we love him like a brother too :3

DELET THIS, we're Portugal's bitch, not Spain's

>1580
>British Falklands

We kind of rekt them so hard that it psychologically damaged their pride

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_of_'98

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties

And I thank God for that

Yes, and your ambitions of kicking Spain out of America and control Latin America create your Reconquista/Aztlan mess.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj

They saw pure blooded Spaniards that were born in the Americas as inferior, that stupidity is what caused them to rebel and lose everything. They even lost all the gold they mined so everything they did on that continent was a complete waste

>Reconquista/Aztlan mess.
That shits a meme though. Most Chicanos don't give a fuck.

too many siestas

Criollos?
Chile is ok

F-father?

because of nappy's happy fun time

Which one is North West?
1 or 2?

shit

>They saw pure blooded Spaniards that were born in the Americas as inferior
Well they weren't wrong

Napoleon fucked everything

Literally who?

because spaniards are the niggers of europe

The "Pacific Northwest" is always #2, as it is the Northwest part of the US and on the Pacific.

>Why weren't they successful holding any of their former colonies?
But he held them for centuries, what do you mean?
We did, there's still a Spanish fort of the old colony in San Miguel and Valdez-Cordova.

Because autonomy

The history of all this is interesting. There was a lot of respect for the Spanish King in South America even after Spanish power had declined significantly. I suppose it's similar to the unifying power of the Austro-Hungarian Emperor when that empire's power became hollow.

What really did for the Spanish colonies was Napoleon invading the Spain itself. Complete loss of confidence in the monarchy. Sad!

Nah, the criollos never respected the monarchy for the very reason that they kept alive the law that made them 2nd class citizens with less power than peninsulares; so Spain's war with France made complete sense to start the revolution.

They did respect the monarchy. Otherwise the Spanish Empire would never have lasted so long. It certainly wasn't military force that kept the colonies under Spanish power for so long.

>They did respect the monarchy. Otherwise the Spanish Empire would never have lasted so long
They did not because it was, indeed, military power that kept them in check.
It's precisely when the ex-colony criollos realized they were not only AS strong but stronger than Spain, that they started claiming independence.
When Britain was defeated by Argentina during the failed invasion every colony said to themselves "If we have defeated the red coats, we should be able to defeat Spain".
> It certainly wasn't military force that kept the colonies under Spanish power for so long.
As I've said, it precisely was, I don't know where this notion that Spain wasn't a global military power up until 1800 comes from; Cartagena de Indias and other majour victories in the Américas by Spain left it very clear that Spain was the ruler of the New World, and when that power was challenged -Rio de Plata become very strong and France's treason- everything was lost.

we told you about going to war against the US

we told you dog

usa is basically a latin american country in its foundation from bottom to top, does that bother you?

This.
Keep lusofonia ALONE

This user speaks the truth.

Every Iberian colony was keep in checked by FORCE.
That's why we had the LONGEST GLOBAL EMPIRE IN HISTORY.

Bitch's

Enemies funding rebels as we fought with Napoleon (fooken backstabber), and Pacific and Caribbean lost to USA in the American-Spanish war

The ideas of Liberty of the French revolution are the main cause of the collapse of the Spanish Empire and the modern-day American continent.

Nah I still think I'm more right than you.

>The ideas of Liberty of the French revolution
>Liberty
>French revolution

Doesn't matter what you think, you aren't right.
The Spanish kings were not liked by the Empire; only Castilla had any semblance of respect for them.

t.Alberto Barbosa

>you aren't right.

But I choose to believe I'm right

The key of the end of the spanish empire were the french revolution and francmasonery. Spain never had enough power to keep their viceroyalties united by the force. The percentage of spaniards and criollos were extremely low comparing with native americans.

They wanted to live under Spanish rule because spanish rule was the best for them, and they know it. Just like the native americans running away from the bandeirantes and asking for mercy to the spaniards to live in their empire.

>They wanted to live under Spanish rule because spanish rule was the best for them

Of course it was. The quality of life in spanish territories were way better than in the british, or in the french slave factories. Just take a look at the amount of cathedrals, universities and monuments built during the imperial rule and the others made for example in the thirteen colonies.