/SQT/ Stupid Questions Thread

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A9JXBYiiG4k?t=2m21s
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056897
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056892
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What DE/WM you guys use? I've been using KDE for 6 months but today broke for seemingly no reason.
I hate GNOME, I need something that works.
What do you recommend guys?

What's a good speaker/ speaker system for streaming bluetooth in a garage?
Is there something like the Sonos but not made by the NSA?

What big Micro SD would be the best for my Clip Zip?

What is the best way to download a large list of URLS simultaneously?

pass the list to aria2c

It there a keyboard other than OLKB Planck that makes those beeping/buzzing noises when typing?

Is there a way to mod a mechanical keyboard to do this?

I want to get off thunderbird. I need group by sender, and support for 16+ addresses.
I’d rather not pay for outlook but I’m getting desperate.

I know this question should be on Sup Forums, but, does Steam always download the latest version of a game if you buy it?

How do those tools that format disks in FAT32 beyond the 32 GB limit work?

Somewhat unrelated, but, the 32GB limitation is only in NT based OSes. 9x did not have that limitation.

Yes

what will happen when quantum computers be able to mine bitcoins?

Best reliable Botnet free email provider?

Good. The reason I was asking is that Doom originally had Denuvo and I didn't wanna risk installing that.

does a hard disc can be soft?

Is anyone here using an android phone on the tracfone att network an in the USA? I can not get mobile data on my phone to work. I searched around and used all the APN settings I could find online but I can not get it to work. I have a nexus 4 phone and a few years back when it was discovered that it had a T-Mobile only 4g modem I flashed it with a LTE hybrid modem using the LTE Nexus 4 Modem Flasher app and lost access to mobile data from then and I don't recall if I made a backup of the original base-band so I got another phone on the sprint network and forgot about it. I don't know if that's the reason why I don't get data anymore. I have since then flashed other base-bands and have talk and sms and wifi but no mobile data. Can someone share their settings with me.

I've had i3 for a few months now and I'm never going back friend

what are some flash drives that are similar to the sandisk cruzer fit?

is there any VR kit that respects my freedoms?

Can someone please link to the meltdown patch installer.

>asks for security patches
>doesn't post his OS
It's back to webdev with the other unsuitables for you pal

Sorry, i took the title literally, I've got a pc with win 7 and other with win 10, problem is that while 7 is updated to latest (I guess), I've kept 10 on 1511 and want to stay that way.

What's the difference between 32/64 bit OS'

so i cancelled my order of an i5 8400 after hearing about meltdown, just to make sure I know what I'm doing. I really don't.

I haven't had a computer for vidya in a few months after a hardware failure, decided to build basically from scratch. Should I wait a little longer or just buy a CPU right now because it won't really matter?

Larger memory integers

How good is Opus with surround sound audio?

Is there a tool to rip all tweets from a twitter?
I assume there is but i cant find it.

Honestly I'm also worried about all this, but getting real, nothing that bad will happen to current gen,older gens, unless you're in like something older than sandy bridge, you can wait to see how everything keeps going or buy the i5 and play your cards or play safe buying something like a Ryzen 1600.

Shit's bad but not as Sup Forumsietnam makes it look

Do you run a server or a datacenter?
No?
Then meltdown doesn't affect you, it was already patched.
Its only noticeable in stuff normal people use if you have/use a CPU that lacks PCID (Anything older than Haswell).

But for new CPUs this is nothing to worry about.

As said, also 32 big supports maximum 4 gb ram also mostly everything now uses 64 bit architecture, you shouldn't be using 32 bits unless your device came with it or is really slow.

That's what my friend who's been screaming at me to fix my computer so I can play [spoiler]Destiny[/spoiler] with him has been saying.

So with VR and everything in mind, probably fine?

>there's no spoilers on Sup Forums
Oh well, that's why I'm in the stupid questions thread.

32 bit OS can only read up to: -3.4E+38 to +3.4E+38
64 bit OS can read up to: -1.7E+308 to +1.7E+308 which is fucking huge.

Sorry man, that's not how windows works anymore unfortunately. You're expected to download each patch as it comes out with Windows 10, and they took away the ability for you to choose which patches are applied to your machine.

Kinda surprising that you bothered to get the fix for windows 7 (or even that Microsoft bothered to put one out) considering the security problems that OS already has.

You might want to buy a I5-8600K instead.
I5-8400 is kind of gimped since it relies in turboboost, the CPU base speed is 2.8GHz with a turbo speed of 4.0GHz but this doesn't mean it will work at 4.0GHz.
if anything it can only reach 4.0GHz in one core, for a reason it says "UP TO".
Also you are forced to buy a Z370 motherboard anyway so why not?

Oh, well, won't surrender yet, but probably that's the hard Truth, gotta update Thinky man and gaming station, thanks for the reply user.

Also i said this because VR is CPU and GPU heavy, so you might want to get the best you can get.
But for everything else the I5-8400 is fine.

Can an SD card reader (not compatible with SDHC, SDXC, microSD, i.e. only SD) recognize an SD card adapter for microSD?

Alright, thanks.

What.

You mean a USB SD reader to read an MicroSD inside a SD adapter?

Should I expect to lose my job after getting into a fistfight with a customer? I didn't even start it but they still put me on unpaid suspension since I fought back and now I'm worried about where it's gonna go from here.

The police did get involved and the report went down with witnesses that the other guy struck first, if that will have any bearing on it.

Why is the new firefox so laggy

>open new tab
>open link
>open image in new tab
>switch tab
all lags for 1-2 seconds

Is there a way to remove the shit I have circled in pic related with 4chanx?

Enable hw acceleration
Enable stylo
Enabler azure render acceleration
Enable skia

It depends, if you can sue your company for putting you in danger then you probably wont loose your job, however fighting back could be a problem if your life wasn't in danger but it depends on your legislation, consult with a lawyer also post full greentext.

Click on the blank area once.

>Enable stylo
>Enabler azure render acceleration
>Enable skia
I don't see any of that in settings.

about:config

Jesus.

Thanks.

What's the best place to buy a decent laptop for cheap?

Acer wants me to pay $350 + international shipping for them to repair the hinges on a unit that's under warranty.

Might as well buy a new fucking computer instead

Is it worth the extra money to get the GTX 1070 Ti over the GTX 1070?

What's the best way to get microsoft word 2003? I just want it for the wordart memes, but I'm not sure about pirating it in case there's no good copies of it.

Used thinkpad from ebay.

Otherwise if it must be a new laptop the Amazon.

Why am I getting screen-tearing on my 144hz monitor? Is it because I'm multi-monitoring with a 60hz display?

Is it worth raising chickens?

YES but only if you're doing it out of love

How legit is udemy?

Does Sup Forums sounds still work? Seems like I haven't seen anyone use it in a dog's age.

No, files are now detected as spam.
try /wsg/ if you want sound.

Oh wait, I forgot I have my old T430

Turned it on for the first time in a year and it still works good

Guess I can't do that much gaming for a while. Do you think there's way to salvage any value from this current computer?

Other than reusing the HDD and RAM not much comes into my mind.
Laptop hinges should be $10 tops, the problem is if where you screw them is destroyed.

>the problem is if where you screw them is destroyed.
That's exactly the problem. The screw wells are ripped from the rest of the case on one side and the metal hinge snapped in half on the other side.

In uBlock Origin how do i filter a range of numbers?
Im trying to filter this:
###episode-257356 > .current-sc > .clearfix.ep-footer

But i want to filter any number.

Yeah classic planned obsolescence problem, best part is easy to fix when you design this but why fix something that will bring you money?

Never buy Acer or HP laptops.

nvm

fixed it by going to nvidia's panel and changing the default from integrated graphics to geforce

Recommendations for Android virus/malware scanners? I just want something to run one, not have constantly on

Malwarebytes for Android.
Unless you are rooted there is no need.

Well I duct taped it to the table and wall, gonna use it as a desktop now.

I knew HP was this shit but I didn't know about Acer.

Is there a name for this kind of demoscene-style text wave effect?

sin text scroller

Huh honestly assumed it would have some fancy name.

Its really old, usually things back then had simple names.

it's not exactly the fanciest type of scroller
really creative effects sometimes have creative names, but that one is old and simple

youtu.be/A9JXBYiiG4k?t=2m21s
here's a neat scroller show-off for a nintendo console that comes to mind

Does anyone know of any agenda applications for my phone, where it'll notify me when an appointment is coming up? Or better yet, notify me once/twice a day until the appointment comes up?

Sorry if this should be in the phone general, it just seemed like a really stupid question.

how to make peepee bigger

that's what calendar programs are for

I was finally forced to switch to Chromium because of the support for the old extensions being dropped in Firefox.
I'm using Chrono Download Manager as a replacement for batch downloads in DownThenAll so that I can grab certain books from the Internet Archive.
Chrome UA Spoofer allows me to simulate a browser that is exempt from using the Diebold protection module from my cancerous bank.
uBlock Origin just werks.
I miss the Tab Mix Plus multi row option.

The Developer tools are nice, I use them a lot.

My stupid question is, why did Firefox turn into trash?

Dick pump(And kill your dick) and more testosterone.
Also reshaping your dick but takes years and you either sacrifice lenght or thickness for the other.

is it safe to put my computer by my window? sometimes water condenses on it. im afraid it could condense on the computer when it's shut down.

High end motherboards can work up to 90% Humidity.
But no, its nota good idea.

My computer has been crashing recently. The RAM had 0 errors on memtest86, and the CPU didn't crash when I tested it on a different motherboard. The computer crashes in both wangblows and linux, but is fine in BIOS. Anyone have any ideas?

My laptop is having some weird issues. I think my GPU might be failing. Is there a way to test which part(s) are failing?

can someone tell me why a bios update needed?
why windows/linux patch is not enough?
how vulnerable I am if I wont get any bios update for my 2 years old asus laptop?

I was trying to bench my system before applying the meltdown windows patch, just using UserBenchmark since i already had it.

Noticed that my SSD is showing up as way slower than it should be. The Samsung Magician drive health shows it as a healthy drive. Any ideas why it is so fucked?

Install some kind of temperature/voltage monitor.
Just to be sure, run a full disk test.
Your PSU might be failing.

When a thread died on 4chanX it usually got rid of the thread before. I just reset my settings and now even when the thread dies, it doesn't get removed from the thread watcher panel. Anyone know what setting causes this to happen?

Speccy>Motherboard>Voltages

1. Because fault is on the hardware and bios is the only way, i have heard Microsoft may put it into updates, who knows
2.about vulnerability meltdown is the one that may let some fatass get your credit card info, spectre looks more like something a big entity would use to attack a server rather than stealing some faggot robux
3.2 years?, Nothing to worry, worrying should people like me with 8+ mobos and processors

My computer is acting retarded out of nowhere. When I open up a program/game my computer becomes unusable with how slow it is. It almost completely locks up, only letting me get a click in every few seconds. Firefox randomly started working but other things like the W10 search feature has weird artifacting and fucks everything up to.
Windows Problem Reporting appears in task manager but it's not really helpful at all.

What the fuck is going on?

I use Google calendar and it basically does that. I have all my classes down, and have one hour prior reminders. I'd suggest trying it and seeing if that's something along the lines of what you're looking for.

Have you tried booting in safe mode or a Linux USB atleast?

7 got security only updates catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056897 but for 10 you're stuck with cumulative updates catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056892

also it will randomly give me "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" but doesn't specify whether it's talking about nvidia graphics or intel graphics.

Do you have a SSD?, If not defrag your HDD and always try to have more than 100gb free in your OS drive, i learned that the hardway.

Also, how can I find out if I have my SSD settings correctly configured in the bios? I don't even know what the right settings are supposed to be

Hi bait user, you sure are late today.

I'm trying to install lainchan on my LAMP webserver and I'm fucking retarded, I can't get it to work.

I keep getting ""install.php does not have permission to write to /inc/, without permission the installer cannot continue"
I've tried giving install.php permissions but I'm getting the same fucking message.

Can someone help me or please suggest a different imageboard webapp to install thats actually going to work?

No, and my HDD is like 90% empty so I can't imagine a defrag doing anything.