VR MEME

>Heavy & tiring
>expensive with SHIT FOV
>Hurt my eyes
>the games & apps are just an experiences and not actual full games
>played 1 hours of a VR 'experience' game to just find out that it was basically the same thing as playing on a monitor
>VR sickness
Have you felt for the VR gimmick or not yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3azuqgvvU
youtube.com/watch?v=0WI2z7Qc0l4
pimaxvr.com/en/8k/
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
youtube.com/watch?v=fhugb1fBqaE
youtube.com/watch?v=Mlx-ooZv5qA
youtube.com/watch?v=tu9Mj1mlDTU
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=steamvr-linux-eoy2017&num=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a Vive. It's pretty great. You just have to find the right games.
I do agree about the lack of content though. And holy shit it gets hot. I literally have to play completed naked and with the windows open in the middle of winter.

I never want to look backwards so it's all a meme to me. Also I am over 30 so I don't play games

>VR sickness
You probably haven't got your VR legs yet. If not, you are probably only the 40% that has it.
>Hurt my eyes
It shouldn't, what are you using? Google cardboard?
>Expensive with Shit FOV
They cost anywhere from $399 for the Rift or $299 for mixed reality and they go down in price during sales.
FOV is 110degrees.
>games
You were probably playing shitty games. Why not play Rec Room or Super Hot? There is also a game called Orbus which is a MMORPG in 1st person. There are many great games, you just have to get the popular ones like Gorn or Paranormal Activity. Want to fight zombies? Play Arizona Sunshine.
The rift is pretty lightweight. The only one that is heavy is the Vive.

>Heavy and tiring
moving your body is pretty tiring
>expensive
fair point
>Hurt my eyes
have you set the IPD properly? if you haven't then you'll strain your eyes
>experiences
you just need to find decent games, like Gal*Gun VR
>VR sickness
take breaks and you should be ok, otherwise you're just one of those people who are more susceptible. I've never felt sick even during 4-5 hour sessions

just wait until you hear about the damage they do to your sight.

I never get sick playing VR.

>Basically the same thing as playing on a monitor.

No. How is being inside the game the same as looking at a monitor? This is bait and misinformation.

It's worth it just for this

youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3azuqgvvU

This guy tried Oculus Rift

>being retarded

VR is for immersion in racing and flying games/sims. Especially flying sims. Jesus tapdancing christ that shit is amazing.

Why would you play shit built around VR instead of playing real games that have VR plugins?

Seems like OP shit taste in vidya is the problem.

I think he did the Vive. The rift doesn't feel heavy, the controllers are better, and the Rift doesn't have nearly as bad of a screen door effect. Also, the Rift can also do roomscale with an additional sensor. While it isn't as easy to set up the sensors as the Vive, it is still doable and I highly suggest it. VR with roomscale is amazing.
Rift > Vive
Why? It is nicer and costs less.

youtube.com/watch?v=0WI2z7Qc0l4

Just like 3d glasses damage your eyes. Go be retarded somewhere else.

Can anybody recommend a cheap VR headset?

I want to get a virtual bf in VR...

STFU uneducated retard.

VR ware has a focus point well beyond that of a monitor, and it's not like there's some exotic radiation, or the same issue as CRTs. Your eyes are fine.

are you cute? post feminine penis

So, a worse second life?
This. Is. Epic.

rift is the cheapest it gets, vr is kinda worthless without the hand controllers

pimaxvr.com/en/8k/

Wait for this shit to come out at this point. Anything that doesn't have at least 4k per eye will be worthless to use.

Oh, you want a bf in VR Chat? Get Mixed Reality. I would suggest to get a Rift and save up. You should also get a 3rd sensor as the Rift only comes with 2 and that would allow you to do room scale.

>so many VR shills ITT

VR is little more than the next fad, like 3DTV was. HR will be the next truly big thing.

>that and robowaifus

none
wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation of VR

I played hotdogs and grenades today for hours along with some basic RPG i pickup on summer sale. Actually played more this week than the whole year Ive had a vive.

I think the tech needs a few more years. Two real issues. 1) resolution needs to be upped enough to get rid of screen door effect and have decent view distant. Itll be a few gpu gens before this is feasable 2) controls need to be refined. Fuck the vive controllers. Super accurate? Yes but uncomfortable and the track pad is god awful.

HR??

currently looking into supporting OSVR if I do make the jump into the VR meme

>waiting until 2019-2020 for generation 2
You know generation 2 will be expensive like when generation 1 first came out. Eventually people on Sup Forums will shill for gen 1 as it will be much less expensive.

Hyper Realism

is google cardboard worth the $10?

Get a Mixed Reality headset. You can usually find them under $300, don't require setting up any sensors and there's an official plugin so it hooks into Steam. I hear the Lenovo one is pretty good.

I'm not cute, I'm sorry user

I'll look into it, thanks

This is also tempting, but I'm not sure if this would be better/cheaper than a used Rift

I don't like you

VR is the motion control of 2015+
just a passing fad. except it's much more expensive now.
even for simulations VR does not have the resolution needed. Maybe gen 2 will be suitable for flight sims but that's always been a peripheral heavy niche.

>motion control
motion control is tons better than analog
>of 2015+
did you mean like 2008?

Current VR is adequate for racing sims. But it's just that - adequate.

Yes and no. I got a Cardboard years ago and enjoyed it. It was my first time being in VR and the Google Cardboard app was fun. I then bought a zombie game where you look at zombies to shoot them. There is also some roller coasters and a few other things. It will hurt your eyes if you use it a long time, so I would suggest saving up for the Playstation VR (if you own the PS4, they're 200 bucks for the headset), or Gear VR if you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 or greater. Daydream also works if you have a powerful enough phone. There is also Mixed Reality, which is inexpensive and the Rift (which is subjectively the best), and Vive, which costs the most. If you want something that is just for goofing off, then the cardboard (yes I said cardboard) google cardboard is your best bet.

its because you're fat, and it doesn't fit you.

He isn't wrong. Virtual reality is a literal pain in the neck. Frequent use of heavy, head-mounted units causes strain so it's not somehting i would use for a long time.

>screen door effect
what is this?

>NEW CONTROLLER VIBRATIONS MAKE YOU FEEL INSIDE THE GAME!!!
unironically kill yourself

The gap between individual pixels makes it seem like you're watching through a screen door.

There's no need to be upset, even poor pajeet like you will be able to afford VR in about 10 years from now.

In 10 years, VR won't be a thing anymore

There's no need to be upset, even you might be able to rationalize your shitty pioneer purchase when it works properly in ten years

Any VR games where you can fuck lolis?

Asking for a friend.

>>Heavy & tiring
It's hard to get used, but it's a nice device
>>expensive with SHIT FOV
Oculus is priced way higher than the first development kit, I'm still mad and while I'd love for a 200° FOV to accommodate peripheral vision it is just too far to effectively implement
>>Hurt my eyes
Adjust the lenses and reduce the screen brightness
>>the games & apps are just an experiences and not actual full games
Get a wheel and play assetto corsa
>>played 1 hours of a VR 'experience' game to just find out that it was basically the same thing as playing on a monitor
Do not play half assed demoes
>>VR sickness
It depends on the game,
>Have you felt for the VR gimmick or not yet?
Not yet but I tries both the visors multiple times, we still lack:
4k-esque display running 120hz and the power to drive them with consumer hardware
A lighter Design and a wider wiewing angle
Moar games dedicated to vr, Bethesda just released doom, skyrim and fallout, don't know yet about doom but the other two are trash, drive sims are just so good in vr

I am asking for a friend

In 10 years, you won't need to wear those thing on your head. Holograms will be a things

most of the illusion games have lolis even if you have to copy them in yourself

In 10 years, you won't need holograms. Downloadable gfs (male) will be a thing

In 10 years, you won't need to download gfs. You will be the gf

dirt rally feels pretty shitty in VR desu
I normally play in cockpit view at 0% screen shake and judge how my car behaves through the violent shaking and rattling that gets translated 1:1
in VR the camera is completely detached from the car, so in exchange for a marginally better sense of speed and immersion (have to turn graphics down to full low or the framerate dips, so it looks like crap) I lose a lot of information that I need for going max speed through corners consistently

>doriftoooing sideways across a dirt hill in rally mode in a full sim rig in VR

good shit nigga

I will buy vr when it is wireless and not a lot bigger than sunglasses. So nevet

Virtual Wives already exist right now: youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
youtube.com/watch?v=fhugb1fBqaE

Only tried the Playstation 4 VR so far. Did experience VR sickness. It was worse the more you used the controller to move your head.

Wait how does it get that hot? Is the headset such a huge heat generator?

whoaa.. Humanity is finished

youtube.com/watch?v=Mlx-ooZv5qA

If you can manage to watch this video with a cardboard or crossed eyes with your cellphone close to your face, prepare yourselves to be sold on the best seated VR experience out there. While Sup Forumsirgins complain that the game is lacking in the gameplay department, nothing out there will come even remotely close to making you feel like you are piloting a space ship.

The scale of planets. The scale of stations. The holographic HUD that pops up when you turn your face towards it. Holy fucking shit I wish I could read text with the DK2 because it's hard as fuck to navigate to a particular system, but I shit you not I must have spent over 3 hours flying around the system I was in just looking at shit. Asteroid rings are the cherry on top for me. I quite literally popped a stiffy the first time I dropped close to a gas giant and noticed that, jesus fuck.

Standing VR is overrated in my opinion. Seated experiences are where this technology really shines.

If you managed to watch the video and enjoy the VR experience crossed eye or some shit, watch this one next. This guys channel has a bunch of VR videos that you can watch with a cardboard or crossed eye so really if you want to know how it feels to notice the scale and distance of shit in VR before buying, this is as good as it gets.

youtube.com/watch?v=tu9Mj1mlDTU

no just the intelligent white and east aryan males

I can't comfortably suggest anyone buy into the technology today, but at the rate development appears to be going, seated VR experiences are definitely going to be what I'd use for a selling point far sooner than full motion experiences.

Definitely see if your local electronic stores or malls or whatever have a demo station. Don't buy, but do try.

these videos do not work crosseyed

t. Fat Fuck

You don't have to be fat to realize that the technology as it is today is far better suited for sitting experiences.

The wireless receivers for the Vive may change this, but I'm not willing to take the risk this early. Latency will absolutely kill the experience.

Wireless receivers are really needed, the cords are fucking frustrating when you are playing an active game. Almost every person I have played the Vive with while I rented it said it needed some kind of ceiling mounted reel for the cable.

> over 30
Proud to not playing games
But what the fuck are you doing here. Get a life NEET

I want to play VR chat

go outside niggerfaggot

Nintendo virtual boy

Outside doesn't have anime girls

VR is a failed meme, people have already moved on from it, kek

You have to take into account that he's also masturbating

Not him but I'd rather pay more for a better experience.

>buying 1st gen
>buying 1st gen vr

not even once

outside has real girls

No, the vr meme needs to die

Gross.

Why do you keep saying "VR" when you're referring to taping a screen to your eyes? As far as I know there's no computer-brain interface yet.
>VR is optimal for the games where you exclusively look forwards
So you're saying that VR is better when you use it as a mere screen? Who would've thought.

2 sensors are fine if you set them up diagonally.

Why do you keep insisting that VR is something that it never has been and probably never will be?
Every thread?

and yet you're still on Sup Forums...which is more pathetic and sad than playing video games.

i rather play video games like 30% of the population of korea and be a normie than be a loser like you on Sup Forums shitposting and arguing like a sad man child.

>inb4 hurr you're here too
yeah, but at least i play video games in moderation like a healthy normal responsible man.

grow the fuck up.

how come the PSVR headset has a clearer image compared to the vive and oculus?
its a shame the games look like ass though because of ps4 limitations.

you should really cut down on the soy in your diet

vr when high might be the most enjoyable thing ever
i was in that fantasynth game and i almost cried, the game spoke to me
get weed, get an oculus
>inb4 DUDE

The hurr duur, my neck gets sore, my legs get tired and i get sweaty meme is hillarious.

Dont be an unfit, overweight neckbeard, i played onward for like 8 hours in a row the other day and basically dont sweat playing VR because i work out 20-30 hours a week.

>played quake for 4 hours straight
>no sickness
>no eye strain

You're just weak.

>work out 20-30 hours a week

I know this isnt practical for most people, but an hour a day - 90mins of intense exercise approx - 10hrs a week will help, especially if its cardio.

Im also including BJJ, Kickboxing, Jogging, Swimming in this Figure

The best thing that ever happened to me, health wise, was getting a job that was a 1 mile walk up a hill.

When I first got the job, I hated that fucking hill.

Two months later I could run up it in 10 minutes.

>Is the headset such a huge heat generator?
it's obviously the PC you fucking retard

they have some voodoo shit going on with psvr's display. They look good despite having lowres.

>hurrdurr y do u keep saying VR????
>refers to it as exactly that in your next sentence.
your no fun allowed is showing

>haha plebs!!! you're wasting your time if you spend the current year doing current things!!! it'll all be gone when we die anyway! dont bother!!!

Kids with real good vision that care not about gameplay and only about graphics.

Except those were nips and nips are the only actual race to have stopped having sex.

You blatant retard.

I don't have one, but a VR headset for flightsims would be godtier, because it assuming it does what it's supposed to would enhance the immersion by a shitton. Most of the VR games that are specifically made for VR are hot garbage though and nothing but gimmicks.

Anyone using htc vive in linux? how to

Literal black and white lines covering everything everywhere you look - even if they are quite thin - are impossible to ignore. In heated moments, you may notice them less, but they are always there.

Grab a piece of screen like you'd find on windows or doors, and press it to your eyes and look around. It's that, but less pronounced. Definitely still there.

It isn't a matter of graphical fidelity, it is a limitation of the medium as presented today.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=steamvr-linux-eoy2017&num=1
>SteamVR On Linux Is Still In Frustratingly Rough Shape
>Kind of works if you're using Nvidia
>Requires git version of everything if you're using Radeon and still might not work
>Xorg thinks that HMD is a normal monitor and extends your desktop on it, fixed in git
>Cannot upgrade device firmwares without Windows
>very limited games support

To be honest I'm very surprised it works at all. Valve is really doing an awesome job pushing all the required bits into the open source stack. This is great groundwork for a future Linux based console system.

I'm confused why the control scheme isn't a onesie with the white dots allover it seems like it would be cheaper than using controllers, why would a controller be need with good hand tracking. Vr us currently a meme next generation should be good though as soon as it has some good games and the tech is a little more refined it should be a perfect experience. Vrchat looks quite fun though

You still have to wait about 5 years until VR will be elaborated and cheaper.