Dirty Jewish plan how to affect AMD too

techpowerup.com/240369/intel-announces-8th-gen-core-i7-processor-with-radeon-vega-m-graphics
>Just put a /ve/ga/ on Inturd poocessor
>This way AMD also gets affected by Brian "The FUCKWIT" Krzhchzanich's fucks ups
>This way AMD won't be able to promote that it's not affected

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.arm.com/support/security-update
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.
Still a MCM board

>still same board

This isn't newsworthy at all. What was really fucking Jewish was when they tried to drag AMD down with them by applying that stupid Meltdown Linux kernel patch to everything x86. Luckily this was called out and this has been fixed so that only Intel CPUs are taking the massive performance hit under Linux, not AMD stuff. All of my x86 machines, including my main laptop and desktop, use Intel. I would have cucked and eaten the patch like a good goy and only been mildly upset, but this bullshit is too much when they try to drag everyone else down with them. So I've already placed an $8500 pre-order for a Talos II workstation that uses IBM POWER9 and can emulate x86 easily. I'm currently shopping around for AMD powered laptops, and if I can't find one I like I'm going to buy an ARM Chromebook or go back to using an old Apple Powerbook.

I am fucking done with Intel. They will never have me as a customer ever again.

>placed an $8500 pre-order for a Talos II workstation that uses IBM POWER9
Why couldn't you just do this instead:

>I'm currently shopping around for AMD powered laptops
FEBRUARY, NIGGER

Because I'm just trying to get away from x86 at this point. I don't like the Intel/AMD duopoly because it stifles innovation and one of them is pumping out hot garbage with hardware flaws, so in reality AMD has a monopoly for the moment in the x86 market. They both have management engine cancer and non-free EFI implementations, unless I buy a handful of very specific boards with Coreboot support, and that support varies and isn't backed by anyone except hobbyists (unless you get a Chromebook or Librem laptop for example).

I'm not using this shit for an entire month when I can be attacked by malicious JS in the browser on Intel. I'm on an iBook running Debian right now. This is fucking ridiculous.

"Always only FOSS"-retard, I see.

I am looking into talos II as well, sadly I think meltdown is just the beginning. How good do you expect Power9 x86 VM to be?

>for an entire month when I can be attacked by malicious JS in the browser on Intel
Doesn't the Win meltdown patches prevent these attacks? If not, wtf do they do?

>If not, wtf do they do?
30~67% performance decrease.

>only Intel CPUs are taking the massive performance hit under Linux
correction: everything except AMD - some ARM processors are also affected.

developer.arm.com/support/security-update

no this is the plan

PLEASE STOP WITH YOUR ANTI-SEMITISM

Literally only make your shit slower.

That won't work, as they've already been caught lying and were ostracized for it.

Boot firmware and CPU microcode are too critical to not be open sourced and easily modifiable by the end user, you fucking brainlet. Closing these things off gets you shit like we see now, where users are basically at the mercy of the manufacturers for BIOS and CPU microcode updates, and you know that very few will actually put them out because they want you to just buy new machines. Getting locked into one OS through the EFI is also unacceptable because I paid for the hardware. It's mine and I'll install anything I want on it. Go ahead and be a cuck if that's what you're into.

Good enough for what I'll be using it for. I really just need a few Windows and OS X VMs to test software in. The CPUs that it ships with are more than capable of running these systems with decent performance, and I can just do a GPU pass through. I'm getting mine with 64GB of RAM but I might go up to 128GB later. I don't think I'll need more than 6GB per VM like I do now but I'll see. Might be nice to keep a bunch of them open all at once.

>Doesn't the Win meltdown patches prevent these attacks? If not, wtf do they do?
I'm running Fedora on my desktop, so Windows patches are irrelevant there. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on my laptop and image related means I need a BIOS update from Lenovo, and I probably won't get one soon, if at all. I installed whatever updates have been coming through but I don't know how much they'll help. I'm fucked here.

>I'm running Fedora on my desktop, so Windows patches are irrelevant there
>He doesn't know/understand that Windows' patch works exactly the same as Linux's patch (it's differently written, but end result the same - performance drop)

>He doesn't know/understand that Windows' patch works exactly the same as Linux's patch
It's an entirely different kernel and patch. I haven't even updated my OS there because I haven't been using my desktop for the last few weeks because I've just been going to my office and using the workstation there, which I don't care about at all when it comes to updates. Even so, my desktop is just as fucked as my laptop because I'll be stuck without BIOS and CPU microcode updates.

You don't have to worry if you chose the only right side, though. #BETTERED.

they still try tho

Cool it with the shilling, Pajeet. I'm already considering AMD's mobile chips. You don't have to ram it up my ass every 3 seconds.

>You don't have to ram it up my ass every 3 seconds
You fully deserved it if you were a brainwashed marketing victim of a pigeon-brained hardcore Inturd shill up until now, though. Basically if you ever sincerely and absolutely unironically bought anything from kikes since after Sandy, you SHOULD be fucked in the ass with a spiky metallic strap-on of Lisa Su's and no lube whatsoever at all, and fucked HAAARD.

I never shilled Intel, and I have no real brand loyalty. I only use Intel machines because they had superior power management and single core performance at the time, especially in mobile stuff, but that's gone now with the fucking patch. The laptop is definitely slower.

If you're going to make this about consumerism and brand names rather than security and usability, you really don't belong on Sup Forums.

(You)

so, i see ur on no fap

Go back to Sup Forums.

quick! tease user with lewd

Go back to Israel.

AMD animals should be put down. IN Elite at least was entertaining and wasn't typing shit like a 12 years old.

Intsects should be gassed. You're bugging everyone else.

hpb009dx dude

AMD is BestMD