you dun fucked up my dude

>3gb 1060
if
>it was on sale
>you only want 1080p 60hz
>you dont play any demanding AAA titles with high res textures
>you had no other options
>you literally could not save up for one more paycheck
>you are actually, medically certified as missing a quarter of your frontal lobe
>zotac options werent available at all even online
then it was a good choice

>HE GOT THE 3 GIGABYTE VERSION OF THE 1060

not the 6gb?

it was on sale, 6 gigs is 50$ more here and i want 1080p only.

i do play demanding AAA games but what happens when it runs out of VRAM?
wont it use regular RAM?
i'm ok with losing 5-10 fps as long as it's doesnt go lower than 50 fps

>3gb
>one fan
Retard

>mini version

correction 6 gigs is 80$ more, nah not worth it for 3 fps gain i saw in 1080p benchmarks.

what games do you actually play? should have saved the extra $50 dollaridoos

KEEP CUMMIN AT ME FAGGOTS, U JELLY

@64211595
not at all. i have a better card than you

All these people telling you how bad you did and you're still trying to justify your purchase
>jelly
Uhm no sweaty, I have the ssc 6gb dual fan version of that card :^)

>overpaying
u got cucked so badly :)

Wait for NAVI

Volta isn't going to be that much better then the current line up anyway, people have some false sense of hope that it will smashes the 1070 TI and the 1080.

The Volta currently out (titan v) is only about 20% better then the 1080, and for that price they are asking it's not worth it. You can buy 2 1080s and still have money left over since the volta goes for 3k.

1080 and 1070 will remain top dogs for a while.

Only mistake you made was getting the 3gb version, why not the 6gb? 6gb is like the normal these days since games easily need more then 3gb.

Especially if you want to play on high. The latest call of duty eats more then 3gb of ram.

I went down the 1060 3gb route. Shoulda went the 1060 6gb route to be honest kid.

>paying 100$ extra for 6 gig vram
>5 fps gain
goyim LOL

>but what happens when it runs out of VRAM?
>wont it use regular RAM?
you'll get stutter

The fps gain isn't the biggest part of it, retard. If you want to play the latest games at anything higher then low/medium you need more VRAM which the 6gb one is perfect.

nah it runs with no stutters, just loss of 8 fps.... admit it u got cucked goyim :)

you still didnt say what shitty games you play

>tfw have the 6gb sc version

NANI?!?!?!?!?!

Post screenshot of witcher 3 fps.

you mom ;)

learn to google, retard

I got the 6gb strix oc edition my guy

I want OP's fps you retarded fucking nigger monkey.

>GOT MINE FOR 250
>2 FANS
>SSC
>6 (6) 6 (6144MB) GB OF MEMORY

>bought dual fan version over a year ago for $170
Heh, nothing personal, kid.

>LARPING
you're a very sad man

cool story bro.

why so triggered though? :)

OH NO NO NO NO

Omae wa mou shindeiru

>3gb

>@64211595
fuck off Newfag

This, people are massively overhyping Volta/Ampere/whatever Nvidia wants to call it. People are already screaming "B-but Titan V isn't for gaming!" just like how people said Vega Frontier Edition wasn't for gaming. It's going to be hilarious seeing people who waited like 2 years for a 20% boost over the 1080Ti. 2018 is going to be a boring year as well, Vega refresh and most likely Navi will be delayed.

>use a shitty software that needs more than 3GB of VRAM
Pathetic creations

>he doesn't play modded bethesda games with 8K texture packs

Do you plan on playing with low quality textures?

>6 gigs is 80$

>3 gb ultra fast vram difference
>for only 80$
>when regular shitram is at a historic price high

wat kind of business school you went to mate?

Wouldn't a 1050 ti with 4GB of VRAM be a better GPU price to performance with a budget mindset?
I find it to be much more balanced, especially if you don't mind playing at medium settings on the latest games. They go for 130 bucks new if you know where to look.

I bought this for 1080p gaming at my local computer shop ($319).

Good deal or I fucked up?

You got yourself a great bargain for that model but
>1080p gaming
Just why? You could've got 1060 instead.

1070 and 1080 are the best gpus on the market.

Ya dun good.
My 980Ti is great for 1080p ultra in modern games at stupid settings.

did really fucking good
more than enough for 1080p

>gaymez
Fuck off

I like how this whole thread is just OP trying to defend his shitty purchase. Also fucking funny that OP might have been waiting for volta but could only afford a gtx 1060 3gb.

Why do you talk like a pirate and why do you have faggots?

thats one juicy deal nigguh

wouldn't even buy at 150$

I dont understand people saying 1070s or above it overkill for 1080p resolution.

I've got a 1080, and play at 1080p, and most games are around the 70-80fps mark on ultra, but some games still hover around 40-60.

Its most definitely not overkill if you want to crank all the settings up.

Disagree. See Its most definitely not overkill. It will do you well, but 1080 is required for 60+fps on ultra.

a lot of the time ultra settings are useless and tank performance at the cost of little-to-no graphical improvements
like sure spend the money on a gtx 1080 because you're too lazy to tweak the graphics but that's on you

oh and the normiest example i can think of is that local fog detail does literally nothing in overwatch. on ANY setting

Yes, this is exactly why I want a 1080, because I want to put everything on maximum, and not have to worry about any tweaking.

Bar features which wont have any noticeable impact, those can stay off.

you're putting far too much faith in developers to make sure their coding is good enough
most AAA titles suffer from useless, costly ultra settings, like god rays where the high setting looks no different whatsoever from the ultra setting, but the ultra setting loses an extra 10fps

>3gb
user. I

>he actually took time to defend his man-child crap with 5fps gains
>bragging rights small dick syndrome
>virgin?
that's just sad

>"8k" placebo packs
reevaluate your life priorities you sad virgin

jews don't want you to see this video: youtube.com/watch?v=gNhvmP8yNE4

OP is the wise one here. You're all dumb consumer cattle.

>advertiser tells something to get rid of the unsold stock of 3GB
>it must be true
There is not even a benchmark comparison in your video.

>3GB

>3gb
>single-fan
user, I...

>3GB
There is literally zero reason to get the inferior model. Having 6GB alone extends the life of that card by an extra year or two, not to mention the extra cuda cores

>that wonderful feel when you got an 8gb RX 480 at launch for $240
Feels good to make good decisions

Why not at least a 1070ti or a vega 54?
Anything below titan V is pretty much pajeet poorfag tier.

Your argument might make sense if the 6GB wasn't $80-100 more depending where you live. Both the 1060 6GB and RX 580 8GB are HORRIBLE price/performance. The 3GB is the only decent GPU close to MSRP, people have noticed this for months now. 1050Ti was shit on launch too but suddenly it's a contender as well due to being affordable. The ONLY competition the 1060 3GB has is a used 970 or 980, which have more VRAM, but I know people that mine with 970's so it's a risk buying used.