AMD Zen+ 12nm Ryzen and X470 motherboards to launch in April

videocardz.com/74685/amd-zen-12nm-ryzen-and-x470-motherboards-to-launch-in-april

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/industry/3186-chinese-government-investigating-dram-price-fixing-allegations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

before that we have the desktop APUs and Ryzen 3 mobile in Q1 2018.

The ride will NEVER stop now.
NEVER SETTLE. NEVER!
AMD IS

Lmaoo the 2400g destroys the 8400 and it costs 30 dollars less

>8400

so amd beats a cpu from 2006?

What is coffee lake?

Hey, buddy, don't be so rude. It's not like he meltdowned your ice cream or something. :^)

New AMD GPUs, when???
That's only thing I care about now.

Decent Zeppelin dies in Ryzen could hit 4.1ghz stable. In Threadripper we saw 4.2 on some.
I'm expecting the refresh to hit 4.3 pr 4.4ghz. The biggest change will likely come in base clocks, particularly in lower end chips. Benchmarks should look pretty good here as all BIOS and AGESA issues are long since sorted out, and everyone is well aware of how Ryzen's memory controller and Infinity Fabric operate.

The mobo side should be interesting as well. I'm really hoping that vendors tidy up power delivery and use higher quality components in their phases. That should bring down system power consumption a decent amount.

>Q2
fuck I'm opening my parts

what are the features of the x470

I am pretty annoyed that AMDs new mobile platform, CPU/GPU is trash.
Bad battery life.
Mediocre CPU performance.
Bland GPU performance that gets beaten by MX150 with ease.

sauce?

ryzen2 vs i7 8700k?

no one knows

zen2 not until next year, lad. it's zen+ first and it would be kinda hard to say until they actually release samples...

We're months away, who knows if Intel will come out with something new as well by then.

>literally about to order ryzen within the hour
>see article about this shit
>Q2

not worth the wait right?

same socket at least but fuck this release cycle

Intel.com

Problem is that Ryzen is crap for emulation. I'm probably getting an 8400 just fir RPCS3.

>who knows if Intel will come out with something new as well by then.

The tweaked "12nm" 14LPP+ is 10% higher clocks at ISO power or 15% less power at the same clocks.

That would be a 3.8Ghz "1800x+" at 80w TDP (97w real draw based on benchmarks), or a 95w "1800x+" at 4.2Ghz with 4.4Ghz XFR
Golden samples of Ryzen+ could reach 4.6Ghz

depends on what you getting
what you getting?

Not sure what your reaction image is implying. They've been pushing shit out the factory like hotcakes to compete with AMD kicking their ass lately. Might not be better, but they'll keep competing.

1600. don't see point in getting 1700 for gaming, most ran same or worse

no one is gonna optimize 8 cores

They said they'd release new Vega cards on 7nm and Navi at some point this year. Never specified when

pushing shit out the factory like hotcakes is what I'm laughing at
imagine another release in 5-6 months right after their 8th generation

Jewtel, never again. You know what they'll deliver. Single thread performance that can't kept online with pricing that just keeps climbing.

Answer: Next AMD that is Spectre-immune.

The GPU is actually competitive. CPU is kind of meh and batter life is meh.

The price is what makes it much better than Intel.

ohh, might as well then
I couldn't wait 80 something more days

>X470

so X370 is obsolete?

got an i5 4460 atm

maxes cpu on most shit these days

amd is already spectre immune because you need physical access to do anything

nah, 470 is optimizations. 300 chipset will be valid until DDR5 comes and AMD replace the AM4 socket

>300 chipset will be valid until DDR5 comes and AMD replace the AM4 socket
or PCIe 4.0 becomes mainstream

>planning on getting ryzen
>Ryzen 7 1700
>see ram prices
>drop to 1600

the fuck is with ram prices

nope. amd stated that they wont change it until DDR5

get less ram instead, easier to add later than replacing CPU

Therefore it is not immune. If that is acceptable from your point of view, so be it. However, that is not acceptable from my point of view.

There was also a proviso about PCIe 4.0. look it up

>buying less that 16gb ram
>2018
>prices probably go up even more

>implying anyone is going to enter your mom's basement and your disgusting room just to backdoor your pc

>getting a poverty CPU to emulate

>The GPU is actually competitive.
Competitive to what?
3 generation older GPUs?
Sure that's very competitive and the market is willing to throw a lot of money to it.
The price isn't better at all, it's between 100-200 dollars cheaper but still above 600 dollars for trash.

gamersnexus.net/industry/3186-chinese-government-investigating-dram-price-fixing-allegations

Just wait for this to spook those ram jews.

if you had a brain you would understand that its vs intel's iGPU and other shit tier mobile GPUs

Is it worth upgrading to ryzen from an i7-920?

>12nm

Fucking why? Why they just don't go to 10nm. Even in mobile they are already at 10nm for fuck sake.

Benchmarks?

Might as well wait for the one in April, lad. The upgrade from i7 920 to 4770k was well worth it to me, so a jump like you could see will be spectacular.

Yeah, it destroys 8400 running with integrated gpu, kek.

The 12nm node is just an incremental revamp to existing 14nm LPP. The changed some libraries, made some small tweaks.
7nm goes into production at the end of the year.

12nm is an all new node though designed from the ground up by Global Foundries.The 14nM process used by first gen Ryzen CPUs was licensed from Samsung, who used the process to make CPUs for their cell phones like the Galaxy S7.
The Samsung node is meant first and foremost for mobile CPUs. The fact that AMD was capable of getting to 4.0 Ghz at all on the node just shows how good the Zen architecture actually is. It's expected that Zen+ will have clockspeeds up to 4.5 Ghz out of the box thanks to the new manufacturing node.

>4.5ghz

Very optimistic, but it would sure kick intel in the balls.

Sup Forums was right again!

Zen+ is 12nm though...

>14nm+
>it's 12nm
>Zen 2 in 2019
>It's already completed

>Right again

12nm is 14nm+, they renamed it for marketing...

about to pull the trigger on an i7 8700k as I have to buy a new motherboard because mine is fucked. Any final words, Sup Forums?

a CPU that can bake meat pie

yeah you can't even see the difference with your eyes, dunno why ppl want 12nm so muhc

Get an x370 board with the cheapest compatible CPU you can find and then swap it for a 2nd gen Ryzen 7 when they come out.

you gotta be a fucking RETARD to buy intel right now

oh shit wrong thread

I hope someone leaks 7nm benches

>I didn't get the answer I wanted even though I didn't establish any proof that I know what I'm doing

If we really are gettin 7nm on 2019 I'm going to finally put my i5 3570k to a rest and buy a new cpu.

There should be risk production in very late 2018, there'd have to be a foundry fire or some other catastrophic event for it to be delayed.

>he signed a blood contract about never launching VM with unsecure code or anything what has JIT

just wait til april then

>New board

But they said I could use my current shit with their new CPUs, did AMD spammers lie to me?

no you dumb shit, it's just a refresh with tweaks. all 300 chipset boards can run zen+ with a bios update

You're a moron. Ryzen is better for emulation especially for RCSPS3. It use a multiple cores...

If you had a brain you would have understood that AMD has already won ages ago against Intels iGPU line-up.
And no, AMD loses to any other discrete GPU-line up from 2015 till now.

not for that price, fucktard

stop comparing it to shit it's not meant to compete with you retarded nigger

>Walletripper 2 to be released in second half
Just got a 1950x. Not even mad and actually hyped for it.

rainbow six siege did and i get flawless 144hz max settings vsync with only 64% max load
more games are going to because even covfefe lake showed intel sees the future as moar coarz

i hope 2600x is 4.0 ghz base clock.
considering 1600x is 3.6, with a 10% bump its achievable.
4ghz ryzen would reach and prolly exceed the i5 in gaming.

Can't you over clock ryzen?

My Phenom 2 1055T is still enough for me on my desktop.

What I want to know is when will I be able to buy a business laptop (thinkpad, elitebook, latitude) with a Ryzen APU? I want to replace my T430.

I hope x470/B450 provides the first Ryzen mATX mobo that's not a 4+2 phases or less. Completely unreasonable, I know.

The amount of shilling and braindead memes from obvious Sup Forumsack crossboarders shilling for amd is the only thing who makes me annoyed with AMD and it's not even their fault.

This shit is almost as cringeworthy as the balding manlet neckbeards wearing kekistani flags and carrying wallmart tiki torches.

Also threadripper 2 when? I don't give a shit about the normal ryzen cpus because I just want more cores and the ability of OC them which epyc doesn't have right now.
pic related why I need moar cores.

Just buy more money

>2018
I have had 16Gb in literally every device except my phone for 5 years at least.

I hope to replace my 3930k with something from AMD next year.

Except for Linux drivers, I hate everything about Intel.

thunderbolt probably and more pcie lanes i imagine

Best case is 4ghz +/-25mhz.

TR2 in summer.

AC Origins and The Division both load up all sixteen threads on my 1700. It's definitely becoming more common.

>tfw a friend of mine who is an autistical intel fanboy says windows can't even use more than 4 cores and all the activity we see in them is ghost activity from the 4 cores being used

>vague prediction
>prediction is not even correct
>OMG HE'S CORRECT

Should I buy threadripper now or wait for this shit? Threadripper isn't getting updated apparently

The 8400 has 6 cores while the APUs only have 4.

Oddly enough, when I first load a save in Rise of the Tomb Raider, my 8 core FX CPU get's pegged 100% for a few seconds.

Navi is 2019 retard

8700k is basically Ryzen's true competitor, not the 7700k

Despite shortages and its rushed release it demolished Ryzen

Ryzen+ will crush the 8700k until Intel rushes out its next CPU again

Then Ryzen 2 will crush the 9700k and so forth

>Threadripper isn't getting updated apparently
Are you autistic?

Sorry, no. Vega refresh at June or July probably. Still 14nm, hopes for lower powerdraw and a real TBR this time.

What's Ryzen pro?