>b-but muh headphone jack

I switched from a Nexus 5 to an iPhone 7 plus a few months ago and I have to say it's been quite a blessing to have been pushed away from the 3.5mm headphone jack. I upgraded to a nice set of LG bluetooth earbuds that last around 11-12 hours of constant use(I work 10 hour shifts and work and wear them all day) and I bought myself a decent low-mid end set of bluetooth compatible bookshelf speakers for home. Now I'm not sure if I could ever go back.

So my question to all of you is why the resistance? Do you really NEED the heaphone jack that badly? Yeah, it's like pulling off a bandaid, but once you get it over with it's done. Once the pain dissipates you can rest easy knowing you're better off without all those damned wires that always get tangled up in everything.

Just make the switch Sup Forums. It's worth it.

>Do you really NEED the heaphone jack that badly
Yes. Because my headphones are not poorfag-tier.

not op
if you listen to your phone with hi-fi headphones i've got news for you buddy: you might have the 'tism.

>my headphones are not poorfag-tier
if that's the case, then why aren't you using an external dac/amp anyway? What's the point in using hifi cans on a factory 3.5mm jack?

>the removal of an option is an improvement

the future is now, old man

>thinking autism is an insult here

>cans
I'm using ultra-sensitive IEMs. External DACs are simply too powerful and noisy. Even my phone's amp maxes them out at 50% volume.

>removal of options is "the future"
I swear you fucking faggots will pray to your fruity god even when they remove such useless things like the screen or loudspeaker from your toys

>using bluetooth headphones when his phone doesn't even support LDAC
>nice set of LG bluetooth earbuds

Enjoy your sucky audio. You having no interest in enjoying music doesn't mean that we don't.

Some people want to listen to music with good headphones or send the audio to another device that doesn't have Bluetooth. Some want better battery life or not having to charge yet another device. If you want anything like these you need a jack.

Another form factor for an analog output would be fine to me too. You can solder your own plugs on your favorite headphones. To bad it's not about space, but putting music into another walled garden.

So the future is worse and you're okay with that? Fukken kids gonna sell them selves out and not even know it.

removal of options isn't the future per se, but about pushing you out of your comfort zone into new spaces with new tech that will make life more convenient.

>using a phone's built in dac
>not liking sucky audio
it's like everyone in here who complains about this stuff is just larping and doesn't actually give a damn about anything they post

>Once the pain dissipates you can rest easy
I always knew applefags are LITERALLY fags.

>have to charge headphones
>convenient

That's some wacky euphemisms for anal sex you got there, op.

U idiots will argue over anything

We just had this thread a week ago. Go away.

How many levels of post-purchase rationalization are you on, OP?

I will argue over stuff that's fine but taken away for no reason without an alternative any day.

No, BT is not an alternative way of transmitting analog audio. BT is an alternative to Wi-Fi.

>Now I'm not sure if I could ever go back.
>Yeah, it's like pulling off a bandaid
>once you get it over with it's done.
>Once the pain dissipates you can rest easy

>be Sup Forums
>have $400 headphones
>listen to poopy 192kbps streaming service
>use built in dac on your phone

>>have to charge headphones
How long do you listen to your headphones? Because I've seen some that last up to 26 hours of continuous use. If you aren't near a wall outlet once every 26 hours then I would suggest you get your life in order and find a better career.

blueshit sucks ass.

>BT is not an alternative way of transmitting analog audio
except it is

>I've seen some that last up to 26 hours
Yet most of them last only 4 hours. Only low-power crap lasts any tolerable time.

No it's not. BT cannot transmit analog audio.

>26 hours

You have never actually experienced a 26 hour battery life on headphones. And never will that happen ever. Anyone telling your they did are lying or suck at estimates. In reality it will be 5-10 hours.

I don't care what battery is like for most of them. Like I said in the OP I work 10 hour shifts and I routinely have 40-50% battery left on my (non-shit)earbuds at the end of my shift. They're plenty loud enough as well, seeing how I work in a machine shop.

by this logic, nor can a phone output analog audio.

>by this logic, nor can a phone output analog audio.
Are you legit retarded or what?

I wish I could hat mad about the headphone jack thing but after so many years of buying wired headphones and the cable fucking up within 6 months I finally caved and got Bluetooth ones and I'm never looking back.

*get mad

The Jack port outputs an analog signal, fa.m I hope I don't have to explain that to you.

YOUR phone can't - it has a DAC in the dongle. Other phones can. Look up what DAC stands for, by the way.

Mine has almost dead battery, lasts about an hour or so so I carry small powerbank with me.

Also I can't find replacement battery, it's 80mAh cylindrical li-ion battery, there's one site that has it listed for like $3 but it's not in stock.

Still prefer BT over wires tho.

>requires recharging
>not tethered so they fall on the ground in faeces
>compression of compressed signal
>cost more
>>good

Technically wired headphones require charging all the time you're using them since they don't have their own power source.

> getting rid of old technology is the same as introducing new technology (Hey, Apple!)
It's not. BT was there before (199X+). You had the option to choose either before they killed the 3.5mm. You just needed corporate pressure to change your opinion. And now you don't have the option anymore.
> i'm sure corporations work to the best of my interest
Once you really won't have much of an option anymore (you could still buy a device that still has 3.5mm), they'll introduce DRM again.
> bluetooth is even remotely acceptable
It's not. BT was always kludgy and fidgety shit.

Why don't you just fuck right off my Sup Forums?

>they don't have their own power source.
technically there's nothing to charge then

>requires recharging
so? What use case is there for listening to something for 8+ hours and not being able to plug in after that?
>fall on ground
not unless you have tourettes
>compression
we don't all need crystal clear FLACs of Kanye's latest abortion
>cost more
Worth it for the lower end models

Please to explain to me how I'm wrong.

Data being transmitted over a wireless signal to a receiver in a bluetooth headset, then promptly converted to analog in a bluetooth headset's dac is in no way different from a wired signal doing the exact same thing.

data>built in phone dac>headphone jack>shitty car speakers

data>bluetooth signal>bluethooth earbuds>earbud dac>your ears

it's the same fucking thing. Hence what I said before. If a bluetooth signal isn't "analog" then neither is listening to memecore through spotify on your galaxy s5.

You have answered your own question. Not my fault you can't even comprehend what you wrote.

Holy shit talk about Stockholm syndrome.

There's one more compression step but this is just really the thing of shitty implementation.

BT as standard can send unaltered stream for example mp3 or flac to headphones and all decoding could be done in headphones it's just that no one implemented (to my knowledge) that yet.

>Worth it for the lower end models
On the lower end models all the required electronics constitutes the major part of the cost, so they have to put the absolute shittiest speakers to be competitive. And high-end models are limited by bluetooth itself. Bluetooth headphones are not worth it at any range.

So you just want to use your phone's built in dac because reasons. Got it.

I doubt people would implement that in a headphone. It would have too high a bitrate and just eat away at the battery far too much. That would be much better suited for a home audio setup.

>BT as standard can send unaltered stream for example mp3 or flac to headphones
Not nearly enough bandwidth.

>Bluetooth headphones are not worth it at any range.
You ignored the mid-range. The nice happy medium that 99% of the human population is comfortable with.
Bluetooth is perfectly fine for a mid-range setup.

BT is 2mbit.

I'm using it to tether internet connection from phone to laptop and it's fast enough.

This is what I get with my ancient Panasonic laptop.

[ 4] local 192.168.44.194 port 49550 connected to 192.168.44.1 port 5201
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.00-10.02 sec 1.62 MBytes 1.36 Mbits/sec

Still plenty fast for any kind of audio.

>Still plenty fast for any kind of audio.
Definitely fast enough for the few 192000Hz flacs I have. They max out at around 5600-5700kbps.

>recharging headphones every day
cuck

Are there at least dual-driver BA bluetooth headphones? If not, it's not an option to me.

>help me justify my shitty buy: the post
Sorry senpai, but there is literally no reason to remove a feature just to make something thinner. I mean, whats the usefulness of a phone being thin anyways? Much less than a headphone jack, obviously.

Or you could listen to bluetooth headphones on a phone with a headphone jack! In better quality than on iphones too!

You'll have to wait for invention of machine-brain interface to fully enjoy these.

Actually high sample rates simply move all quantization artifacts to ultrasound range so you DON'T hear them.

just buy 2-3 pairs of bluetooth headphones

stop being poor

>charging earphones
I refuse to do it. I will not fall into this nigger-tier meme.

BUT MUH ANALGLOGYE

REVERSE RATIONALIZATION