Apple is overpri-

>Apple is overpri-

Other urls found in this thread:

appleinsider.com/articles/17/12/31/review-apples-powerhouse-imac-pro-wows-with-stellar-performance-and-design
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

-ced

Hi!

I don't want to argue, I just want to say that Apple is shit.

Goodbye :)

>$420 for 32GiB of ram
Holio fahck

Though I know this is flawed, I don't have time to pick this apart right now, so I'll just say
>throttles like a bitch

>Buying a windows 10 pro license for 135$
No one is this retarded. Worst case scenario buy a windows 8.1 pro license for 10$ and upgrade

>brainlet detected

This is a workstation so I used ECC RAM. It’s actually inferior to the 2666 MHz ECC RAM in the iMac pro though.

The iMac pro doesn’t throttle. Tests have been done.

>he thinks the free upgrade option will work forever
You realize it's verified server-side, right? It could be shut down at literally any second.

It doesn't even appear to be ECC.

Why not just use MS Toolkit?

I like how they write "Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz" on a new line, as if it isn't already a part of the spec of the CPU

>calls others brainlets
>willing to drop $420 on XTREME GAMING RAM

>1tb "SSD storage" = 1TB Samsung m.2

The 1TB Fusion drive is essentially a hybrid with 128GB ssd storage

>$500 motherboard
>$100 network adapter
>$60 speakers
>$85 AIO cooler

GTFO out of here with this bait

ECC RAM is gaming RAM?

I did it this way and never had a problem since release.
When the times (if it will ever come) comes use KMpico or sell your soul to Microsoft for the free test version

>not larping as a disabled man for that sweet sweet extended upgrade time

>E5-1680
>Launch Date: Q3'14
Nice bait faggot, got me to reply

I was told only to buy used xeons. So don't put a new one in your cart.

The iMac pro uses top tier SSD ram you brainlet.

Serious question.
I've never used an iMac or anything like that.
I have a "workstation" with an AMD FX8350 plenty of ram and RAID0 SSDs. It's quite fast for what I use it for (3d cad and renderings).
When I render it gets pretty hot and loud even though I use a water cooler.
So how does exactly this iMac cope with overheating?

>buying from one website instead of different ones for cheapest possible purchase

>left has old ivy bridge at launch price
the most recent 8 core xeon is 1100$ msrp
nice try, homo shill

Top tier SSD*
It has 3 GB/s read and write speeds vs 500 MB/s on a normal SSD. The only comparable one is 960 Pro.

>Implying the Mac has liquid cooling.

I have never done anything professionally with computers: The Post

>buying xeons

fpbp

i grabbed e5-2696v4 for $900'ish.
your point?

>corsair liquid cooling
>only a vega 56
>putting a xeon build in a god damned phatneks case
>actually paying for windows when there legit ways to get it for free
>100 dollar network adapter
>monitor that isn't even sold anywhere
>60 dollar shitty keyboard and 40 dollar shitty mouse
>60 dollar speakers

*thermal throttles*

Looks like a nice workstation for a homosexual designer or photographer.

dollar speakers

This is probably the easiest thong to criticize. I was always under the impression that a good speaker setup required dedication to placement and a huge investment to compete with headphones, at which point they blow the experience of headphones out of the water. A 60 dollar investment is only a drop in the bucket and should go toward some headphones instead.

>The iMac pro doesn’t throttle. Tests have been done.

appleinsider.com/articles/17/12/31/review-apples-powerhouse-imac-pro-wows-with-stellar-performance-and-design

>After the second test, each additional run would cause the iMac Pro to slow down the CPU when the temperature reached roughly 94C, which caused the clock speed to drop from 3.9GHz to about 3.6GHz for a second or two. This allowed the CPU to drop below 92C, and the clock speed to rise back to the maximum turbo boost of 3.9GHz.

>Even after 10 consecutive benchmarks, the iMac Pro fans were barely audible. Instead of ramping up the fan speed to keep the CPU at its maximum turbo boost speed, the iMac Pro just kept the cycle going, with the clockspeed dipping every 10 seconds or so while staying very quiet.

>The next thermal test we ran was transcoding 4K HEVC video to Apple ProRES, which consistently maxes out the CPU. After first 30 seconds, the CPU reached 75C and the clock speed stayed at the maximum 3.9GHz. An additional 30 seconds brought the temps up to 85C. Three minutes into the test, we saw our first short dip in maximum clock speeds, with the Mac dropping to 3.63GHz for just over a second once the temps reached 93C, and then right back up to 3.9GHz.

>We recorded the same behavior for the next 7 minutes in the test, with dips to 3.63GHz when the processor hits 94C, and overall CPU temperatures ranging between 90C to 94C.

In other words, it comes dangerously close to hitting the thermal limit with the *base* 8-core model, it will definitely begin to throttle and sooner if you have anything higher-end.

Horribly
Too many errors like
>100$ network adapter
>1700$ CPU when TR is there to save the day (and hundred of dollars)
>60$ Applel keyboard
>paying for Windows
>60$ speakers
>liquid cooling

he used the same shit that is inside the iMac Pro.

>100$ network adapter
for the 10Gb ethernet...

*tips fedora*

Why though? You can get better stuff for less money, and it's not even true when you consider you're paying extra for Windows, speakers, etc

what why though? thats the point of the fucking thread - thats why. People say Apple is expensive - but if you buy the parts it costs you more.

then take that shit off
no OS, no keyboard, no mouse, no network adapter
5776$-400$ = 5376$

still more then 4999$

What happens if you want an extra HDD inside?

see retard

5776$-600$ = 5176$

still more than 4999$

this

*sucks cocks*

5776$-400$(OS,KB+M,Network)-600$(true CPU price)= 4776$

less than 4999$
Retard

>Xeon

Stop. You can get twice the cores for less money, Xeons are irrelevant.

>workstation
>AIO liquid cooler instead of a much more reliable air cooler
>retarded GAYYYYYYMUR MAXIMUM GAMING OC RAMPAGE GAMING GAMER motherboard
>doesn't even support ECC
>socket fucking 2011
Apple is only less expensive if you are a fucking retard with absolutely no idea about hardware
a xeon W-2145 has 8x 3.7/4.5 GHz at 1113$ msrp
forget about x299 manchild grade garbage, you NEED C442 if you want to make use of ECC
options are either a server motherboard with less features now or you wait for the ASUS ws C422 pro/se or the supermicro X11SRA
both will be less expensive than your stupid gaming motherboard and a machine like this would easily be faster than the iMac
better yet: forget about intel meltdown housefire jewery and get a fucking TR

That's weird I got half the price of the imac for the same performance .

It's almost like someone picked the most expensive parts for some reason.

The 100 dollar network adapter is necessary. The iMac Pro comes with 10 gig ethernet.

>workstation with no workstation PC
>no ECC RAM
>discontinued monitor

So you’re going to use inferior, no 10 gig Ethernet, no KB/M and no OS?

By the way the three add up to 300 not 400

Not my image and I can't find my edit. ECC RAM is about $40/16gb extra. There's other 5k monitors that are still on sale, but that one is cheaper and better than all of them. No fucking clue why they stopped making it. 2x 4K is what I'd go for.

>workstation with no workstation PC
What did you mean by this?

or you just buy a win 10 pro key for $10 and skip the middleman?

Do you have a super fast 3000 mb/s SSD, ECC RAM, a 5k monitor, wireless rechargeable kB/m, 10 gig Ethernet?

do you know what ECC ram is for