How does Northern California differs from Southern California?

How does Northern California differs from Southern California?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrH_cPby2Ug
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Burkini

Like, I'm not a Californian but so-cal is like, my spirit animal.

They're both fairly liberal, but outside of the Bay Area NorCal isn't as heavily populated/suburbanized.

this triggered me

im not even a Californian but you are just dumb

NorCals are normal people apart from the high concentration of yuppies, hippies and stoners. SoCals are simply egomanical cunts that treat social connections as a resource for their own profit, which poisons their entire society and gives SoCal its rotten image.

Bump

SoCal is rotten because it's full of Mexicans being concentrated in small areas and tourists coming to Disneyland, Knott's, 6 Flags, Legoland, Seaworld, Adventure City, and a bunch of other tourist attractions (for other South Westerners on vacation).

NorCal is literally who the state.
Not a single person cares about Northern California.

NorCal here. Outside of Placer County all of NorCal is garbage.

The biggest difference is that NorCalians are subhumans who unironically think the word "Hella" is good.

NorCal is colder and dress more conservatively in comparison. The people are more into weed and tend to be hipsters. They say "hella".

SoCal has a more "beachy" relaxed vibe. Better food imo. More Mexicans. Outsiders tend to complain about people being "shallow" (mostly applies to LA), but I honestly haven't noticed the difference.

Nor Cal is nice and so cal is a Jew/spic hell hole.

SoCal does since we get our water from them.

Idk, I've never wanted to go to norcal
#soCallife

Northern california has a better climate, whereas So-cal is hot as fuck year round. The people down in Socal are much more egocentric, whereas people up here are mroe laid back. Southern california is definitely more party goeing, but places like the bay area have a "club" scene as well, though the rest of the area is more reserved. If you go inland in northern california, the scenery changes and people are a lot more conservative, and its mostly farmland or working class peopler. Arguably the farther you get towards lake tahoe, the more the state looks like the midwest. In southern california, the farther you go inland the more it becomes a giant hot desert usually with meth heads or loonies
w-where you at senpai

Ive never seen anybody else from here

>Hella
Hella. Originated from the streets of San Francisco in the Hunters Point neighborhood. It is commonly used in place of "really" or "very" when describing something.
The Fillmore is hella better than the Mission.

Thank God LA is hella far away.

My school took us up to NorCal once because of the gold rush and shit. I quit eating taffy for a few years because I bought a bag of assorted taffy from a candy barrel and I thought the pepper flavored ones were peppermint and it was so disgusting eating pepper taffy, I stopped eating taffy.

Occasionally I go to San Francisco. It's kinda meh and the birds will physically fight you.

dont fall for the LA meme, OP

its a shithole

>The people are more into weed

It's always funny when Nor Cal has tried to legalize marijuana only for So Cal to vote it down.

Hella is unironically good

>So Cal
>More Mexicans than people
>Can't walk anywhere
>Basically summer 24/7
>Bunch of vaping dudebros and jabronies
>Spoiled rich bitches
>Liberal as balls

>Nor Cal
>More Slavs than people
>Trees everywhere
>Bipolar seasons
>Bunch of vaping hipsters
>Druggie raver chicks
>Muh wine country
>Mix of liberal and conservative

Now if you go WAY north, past Sacramento and starting at Redding you get weed growers and separatists and it basically become Oregon.

>More Slavs than people

where? Only place I know of is citrus heights

>So Cal
>liberal

Southern California is the only part of the state where the Republicans hold any relevance.

I'm mostly speaking from that area. Carmichael/Citrus Heights.

Where you at, Sacbro?

They are similar in alot of ways, obviously.

Some differences:

NorCal has less Mexicans. SoCal is very highly populated with Mexican people, both chicanos and people who were born in Mexico and moved here (ignore my leaf pls)

Nothern California is known for growing grapes for wine. It also has some pacific northwest type forest areas near the coast, very pretty, and if you go inland you will find the sierra nevada mountains, also gorgeous. NorCal is also more "white liberal" or "upper class liberal", there's also quite a few conservatives there outside of the Bay Area. The Bay Area is very liberal and very urban, has some actual usable public transport available, which is rare in most of the US.

Southen California is more of a desert, you will find the Mojave desert there, which is also a beautiful sight. Southern California is more affected by urban sprawl, with the whole area basically being an extension of Los Angeles (if you live in one of the outlying cities of LA you will not like being lumped in with LA but the fact is that up north they think even ventura and Santa Barabara are "LA"). LA als has usable public transport. I have not been to San Diego much so I don't have much to say other than it seems nice, and despite being closer to Mexico seems to have less Mexicans in it than LA area. SoCal has more of a skater vibe, more punks, more steroetypical chads--it's less about nature and hippy shit than norcal, more about underground hiphop and street shit.

con't

Im from the rocklin area

There are NorCal and SoCal, but other huge regions to remember are the central coast and the central valley, which sort of blend north and south together. The Central Coast is one of the most beautiful places to see, and very comfy, the attitude of the people is a good balance between norcal and socal and the beaches look great. I have never lived there but I have visited there. It seems to be "small towns" yet they still have that urban sprawl vibe because theyre tightly packed alongside the coast.

The central valey is where we keep all of our conservatives, very poor people, and most of our prison population. They are getting hit hardest by the drought, some towns there have even lost access to water for a period of time. I have lived there and it is terrible. There is nothing to do in this area, and the landscape is completely dried out. It's quite rural and you have to travel long distances between cities, and there is not much to see. The people were ok I guess, but there are alot of prions running through this area, alot of meth users, and alot of intimidating police. Most people who live there either get out and live in a different area of CA, or they seem to get pregnant at age 18 and live there forever.

Oh, and I didn't mention Sacramento. I would say that Sacramento is really great for an inland city. It has nice weather, lots of trees, lots of things to do and big diversity of people. I'm used to inland cities being shitholes but Sacramento does it right.

And also I didn't mention the delta region, which is also absolutely beautiful. It has kind of a weird backwoods feel, like you're finding alot of the residents are kind of similar to central valley people, yet they live in a much more pretty environment and with much closer access to the bay area. So you wind up with alot of bay area people and sacramento people going to the delta for camping, boating, fishing, etc. on the weekend. It's nice.

I didn't talk much about the higher north areas or the arreas going toward nevada because i havent spent alot of time there and dont have much comment aside from they are beautiful.

Socal has people living there

NorCal is an Oregon clay while SoCal is Arizona with sea access

>Sacramento is really great for an inland city
Except for the homeless.

yah, but what metropolitan city doesnt have a homeless infestation. They mainly stick to the river and the train station area at least

Mendocino and Monterey are comfy as fuck 2bh.

Ahh, true, there are shittons of homeless people in Sacramento, and they seem more agitated to me than the ones in SoCal for some reason. Maybe because it's so damn hot up there in summer. At least down here you can sleep outside for the whole year and feel pretty comfy. Up there it must be hell in summer to sleep outside. In the central valley they had these big buildings with air conditioning, I think specifically for the homeless people to go in when the weather was 90-100+ F. Never saw it myself but some of the homeless mesntioned it to me.

Down in SoCal alot of people are actually just homeless by choice, you find alot of kids hitchiking for a living, which I guess you can find up in the northwest as well, but up there its more the hippy vegan type on their way to oregon, down here it's just random punk kids, seems like.

Granite Bay/Rocklin my dude

>placer county
>rednecks
Whoever made this is a fucking retard

So we got a Rocklin guy, a Sacramento guy (me) and where you at?

but I live in placer county

you realize the county extends past rocklin/Newcastle, right?

Auburn

Yes, but a huge majority of the population lives in the suburbs. Past Auburn/Colfax the population density is zilch

Not enough red in SoCal.

The whole state is DUDE WEED LMAO, everybody has at least smoked it once

I havent

I went to Granite Bay High School, I'm confident at least 75% of all kids there tried weed.

who hasn't smoked at least once?

*rippps bonng*

>tfw made it into "best areas in the state"

I haven't. Weed is for degenerates.

I have granola

One has Mexicans
Other has Mexicans

To us Texans you are all the same.

Can I take a piece.

Texas is literally Mexico pretending to be another country pretending to be American.

Pretty much the whole southwest is Mexicans, Texibro. You included.

Texan "culture" was literally influenced by mexicans lmao

Most Texas Mexicans are white, and are no different than your average Italian or Irish American

Stupid uncultured fucks

this bait doesnt work on Sup Forums, why do you keep trying it here

We've angered the hick!
It's okay pal I'll be in San Antonio for basic, I'll be the real judge of if your Mexicans are white or not.

I live in Contra Costa and can confirm that Alameda and Santa Clara are way better.
I fucking hate it here.

>all of that norcal orange
practically GOAT 2bh

>TEJAS ES WHITE

>Most Texas Mexicans are white
>Not realizing just how bathed in Mexican culture, history, land, and blood Texas is
>Sharing a border bigger than both CA, AZ, and NM's Mexican border combined

you have berkeley, at least

shame you also have richmond

>tfw Richmond invaded the city you live in

Berkeley is actually pretty neat though despite the SJW memes.

It's true though. Mexican in Texas is no different than being Irish or Italian. Just a heritage, nothing more

We aren't flooded with illegal Indios and mestizos like California

nope. Not bitin it

I'm just telling you how things work in real life. Sorry if you can't visualize a context outside of yours, Spic

Except all the Mexicans here are Criollo, not Meztiso or Native

Okay, if you're really not just trying to prove your whiteness, I will agree with that.

>be in California
>go to taqueria
>god tier tacos
>food is authentic and delicious
>if anything in it is "Californized" it's just an avocado added to it

>try Tex-Mex food
>it's disgusting Taco Bell garbage drenched in yellow cheese and meaty bean slop
>""tacos"" in Texas are burritos for some reason
>chili, chili everywhere

>this is considered white in Texas
Just lmao

Forgot pic

lmao spotted the fucking lamers

I went to a Tex-Mex restaurant while road-tripping and they brought me out some microwaved rolled tacos with a bowl of fucking ranch dressing. My friend's enchilada had gravy on it.

>Texas """""cuisine"""""

I would fuck tcctan.

>microwaved rolled tacos with a bowl of fucking ranch dressing
>enchilada with gravy

what the fuck lol

When most people think of California, they think of a Mexican

When people think of Texas it's a white cowboy

do you have a single fact to back that up?

Think of all the stereotypes of both California and Texas

You sure it isn't Hollywood celebrities? Trendy San Franciscans and techies? Beach-bronzed qts? Surfer dudes with blonde hair? Dude WEED lmao?

All of these are more prominent California stereotypes than Mexican day laborers in my experience.

so that would be a no

youtube.com/watch?v=QrH_cPby2Ug

So those aren't the first things that pop to mind when you reach those states?

nope

So cringy

that was pretty stupid but I lol'd when he brought out the giant flour tortillas

Texas just makes me think of rodeos

Rodeos are a white American thing

Who /orangecounty/ here? Feels pretty good living in a nice, comfy bubble.

How's that traffic, buddy?

whatever you say man

It's bad, but then I remind myself that at least it's not LA and I feel much better.

I still don't understand how school starting can increase my commuting time by 33%. How the fuck do college students contribute that much to fucking highway traffic at 7 AM?

>Californians are whiter than Texans
Jajajajjaja

California and Texas should be different countries

Us Texans are being weighed down by all the illegal spics out there wanting welfare

Here, we all own guns, so that takes care of that problem