What is Sup Forums preferred way to block ads on android (in chrome and apps like youtube) ?

What is Sup Forums preferred way to block ads on android (in chrome and apps like youtube) ?

Is a pi-hole really working on my personal wifi ?
Is alternate-dns.com/ a scam selling your infos ?
Do you use Adblock Plus browser ? Do they still have deals with big companies ?

Tell me, I just got my first smartphone and I'm already sick of waiting 5 seconds every five minutes of video... I'm open to free or few dollars solutions..

AdAway works well for me

Root: AdAway
Not root: DNS66

There's also uBlock Origin if you use Firefox

Might be a good option. I haven't rooted my device yet

Thank you for your input. I will check that out

use newpipe for youtube

>newpipe
I've been considering that in the past few days but can is it safe to log myself into this app ? I want to have access to my subscription list.

I'm trying DNS66. Not sure if it blocks stuff in apps well, seems to work in chrome though

What do you guys think of adguard pro ?

adaway
newpipe
ff nightly w/ublock origin

I never see ads on my phone

how to fix crypto miner with ublock

Blokada

Why would you recommend adaway over dns66 ? I'm a bit reluctant to root my device for now..

Newpipe doesn't use any google services so there's no logging in. You can subscribe to channels within the app though without logging in.

Ok. It could be useful to listen to music in the background but can you read comments and access to related videos ?

I believe that dns66 uses some VPN fuckery on your phone to block ads, which may drain battery faster. Adaway simply modifies the hosts file.

Why the reluctance to root? Bricking is a thing of the past.

one of these updates the hosts file

the other runs a server on your phone and tunnels traffic through it

one is better for battery than the other

There's no comments but there are related videos

This seems quite similar to DNS66...

Is the battery thing real ? The guys at adguard pretend it's quite insignificant.

I'll have a look tomorrow. For years I used alternate firmwares, chipmods and stuff. While it always works great at the beginning, you always end up with big security flaws and I use my phone to work... Might be an irrational fear...

Ok thanks !

I wanted to like Blokada, but it rarely preserves whitelisted apps. Real pain to have to whitelist the phone app when I want to check voicemail.

Also, why is google-analytics whitelisted by default and supposedly critical to Blokada functioning properly (it isn't).

I use samsung browser with an adblock extension like crystal or adblock. Fastest, lightest android browser. Firefox works too but I've had nothing but buggy experiences with it in the past

Never had problem with new version of blokada plus adding host files easy

Turn off whitelisted Google analytics is blocked

pihole works on wifi but obviously only on your own wifi
i use blockada and it's pretty good

Pihole works well for me. Found out my ((Samsung)) tv was calling home like every 30 seconds.

Set up a vpn with your home router as the dns server and it'll work outside your network.

Firefox + ublock origin
Or Firefox focus