So, what do you think of the Planet Gemini PDA? Comes with Android but you can put Linux on it if you want

So, what do you think of the Planet Gemini PDA? Comes with Android but you can put Linux on it if you want.

Not worth it unless it's made in 日本 by trained laptopsmiths with metals obtained from falling stars.

no idea what it is but it looks nice, though small "desktop" keyboard is a bad move. it would definitely work better as htc universal style thumb keyboard (not designed to use as a standing keyboard, but big enough to do it). this thing looks like it has deep keypress, which should make it bad for thumb typing.

also, this kind of devices is a meme overall. nerd kids love idea of linux in pocket (at least i loved it in winmo times), but it's hardly useful at all. i have chroot debian on my smartphone now and yet i'm not using it, because there is no point. fun gimmick, but simply not worth it. even htc shift had failed long time ago, and it was more versatile device than this.

where's the mouse?
gpd pocket has a trackpoint

im guessing it has touch screen

that's irrelevant, where's the cursor input?
no cursor input = useless for anything other than phone shit
I have a phone for phone shit

idk man, im not OP and i had never heard about this before, hence "im guessing"
although id agree, without a clit or a touchpad its not that great

I heared it is going to use plasma mobile for linux

dear god please no

Why are you posting old renders

casuals

Absolutely love the idea, but it's too fucking expensive. $400? Are you fucking kidding me? And that's the special price, the regular one is FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS.

Downgrade from the GPD Win, and that shit is also too expensive. May as well get an actual laptop.

Pretty shit. It should have shipped with Sailfish OS instead of Android that won't be updated after 6 months making it useless.

How is it different from having my phone/tablet with a bluetooth keyboard?

Answer: None. And my tablet runs Windows.

It dual-boots Android and Linux. Since the processor is Mediatek (which, by the way, doesn’t yet allow Android Oreo), I probably wouldn’t touch the Android OS. I wonder what Linux distribution it runs. The Mr. Mobile video showed something with XFCE. Hopefully it's Debian or Xubuntu and not some custom-made thingy. I don’t have experience with these things, so I don’t know whether it is overpriced or not, but the price seems very reasonable to me. It is a strong candidate for being my next device.

I hope that it allows for phone calls on Linux.

Only keyboard and touchscreen for input? I'll pass.

Imagine GSM drivers on arch. No thank you. Retarded form factor anyway. The Nokia communicator or whatever it was called did it better. 15 years ago

>runs a phone os by default
>tries to resurrected old pda meme which was replaced by smartphones since 2007 (you could even argue it was earlier)
>No pointing device and a touchscreen doesn't count
>runs arm, which would be fine if it wasn't trying reinvent the wheel but worse
It's not a good portable computer so it doesn't attract gpd fags or Vaio p fags
It's not a good phone nor is it a good tablet so it doesn't attract normies
It doesn't run freetard hardware so it doesn't attract freetards

Honestly who is thing even for? People still like their N900? But at least that was a feature complete smartphone

Does it even matter? It's DOA
It's literally a very very bad phone and even worse tablet
At least gpd had the sense to make

*at least gpd had the sense to make theirs into a feature complete laptop with a laptop cpu

>Does it even matter?

I don't know how to gauge what matters but it makes more sense to post real images of an existing product than old renders.

Yeah I guess you're right