Is it true that in Korea you have to study a lot? Answer me korean bros

Is it true that in Korea you have to study a lot? Answer me korean bros.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TXswlCa7dug
youtube.com/watch?v=vH6IT2p8YAw
youtube.com/watch?v=UjJuFF2kUEY
youtube.com/watch?v=aHiG5VOC1NA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Yes

highest suicide rate

Yes, Japan too

How was your school life? Did you enjoy it?

Studying that hard rewards you properly?
I mean will a degree give you a nice job and shit? Or you do all that just to survive?

Perfect answer

No. It applies only to old times.

Is Korea the country of clones?

HAHHAHAHAH GOD

they study as much as ordinary chinks living in urban areas, if not more so

elitist chinks like the ones who wanna get to an amerishart college are study harder than any korean i think

literacy was a mistake

which cunt has moar studying

What is she thinking about, lads?

chink>gook>jap

korea should get bukatsu shit at least nobody would lose anything due to it

if possible should set pools in their schools too

삼겹살

Yes, life there is a competition because it is a small country. You must secure your place is the society unlike european countries. In Europe you can have welfare but not in Korea.
If you are second, you are shit.
Korean society is terrible

t; korean gf living in Paris

In Korea only one university exists that reputable and so every kid is trying to get into it.
Every other university is useless and equals socio-economic suicide.
That is why they spend 15hours a day studying.

Oh yes, I forgot the chinese. Things are pretty crazy there too.

In a field full of flowers

Not so much. I spend 12-14 hours

get a life you loser

That's pretty harsh. How did she end up in France?

>one university exists that reputable

They should fix this asap now that they are develop and shit.

COCKS...

At my time (I am 35 years old.) high school started from 7AM and ended 6PM and then there was dinner time in school and we had so called volunteer studying time which was absolutely mandatory. volunteer studying time usually ended around 12AM. The time I came back home was around 1AM and I had to wake up 5:30AM to prepare going to school.

Well in fact, her parents are koreans. She is born in France.

And what do you do now?

what did you actually learn from that long lessons? japanese junior high/high schools in general open at 8:30 AM and close 3:30 PM and then either you go home or do bukatsu( kind of voluntary sports or cultural or shit like anime lesson/club) by about 5:30-6:00 PM

It's not that they don't have adequate universities or professors in other locations, it's more of a social or hierarchy issue--Seoul University is at the top and always will be due to it's perceived status (and, then, due to the competition to get in, it's real status).

As an example of studying, a highschool student would generally wake at 0600h to go to school starting for 0730h or so (hopefully a reputable school; often a school where they board away from home). Lecturing is the main theme here, but teachers understand the set-up and many students may be working on other tasks or projects rather than focusing on the teacher. It is not uncommon for students to simply get some rest during this phase of the day, and it is quite socially acceptable for students to sleep at their desk (the premise is you would only be sleeping if you were tired from working so very hard; so, in a certain regard, it's almost a positive perception to be seen sleeping).
When school classes end in mid-afternoon, club activities (with the focus of developing your university resume, so more often than not these may still be academic-focused than anything else) or "study school" (never learned too much about these, but it's where most of those I knew got their real school work done, focusing on solving problems for homework and shit) will usually take up time until 1800h or 2000h or so when most students migrate to private schools for additional focus on math, sciences and (usually) English). These schools go late and many students are not finished the day until 2300h or 0000h.

Shit's fucked.

I graduated from SNU and now working for the government. I don't think that kind of school life was applied to everybody in Korea. Many students in public school had some freedom even then.

Interesting, thanks for answering. I wish I had time to ask you more because I am planning on living in SK, but I gotta go to work now.

The thing that I spent most of my studying time was math and math skill was really helpful when I studied micro economics and econometrics in university. So I don't think my high school life was totally useless.

Watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=TXswlCa7dug

memes

That's why koreans should learn french

french learner in Korea are happy with their lives

youtube.com/watch?v=vH6IT2p8YAw

youtube.com/watch?v=UjJuFF2kUEY

youtube.com/watch?v=aHiG5VOC1NA

It's common knowledge in New Zealand that we have the highest youth suicide rate in the world alongside Japan.

you sound like pretty much one taking part in an elite/intelligentsia class of korea. so from the viewpoint what you are mentioning to yourself isnt wrong, i think

So i just got to uni here and even though its not at all a good one(money issue and close to brothers place where i stay) students are like different

Not saying they dumb, just different. In korea(and england igcse) I used to learn everything beforehand and practiced them so much I was able to solve all problems on paper and get straight As without thinking anything. And i thought it was all that mattered in life.

In here students are way more outgoing and expressive and confident(which is awesome) but doesnt really get you have to actually put a lot of time and effort to know the material perfectly.

Higher education here is a joke and a scam, compared to british. Probably more fun though

t.korea