All my personal files are gone becsuse of microsorts bull shit!

Windows 10 deleted my files in Windows.old folder, tried SYSTEM RESTORE, PLEASE HELP! THEY ARE NOT HERE! ALL MY PERSONAL DATA IS GONE. HOW CAN I RESTORE IT!?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_recovery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck were you keeping personal files in Windows.old, you idiot? That's not a permanent archive.

maybe try accessing it through linux on a bootable USB drive?

I even got this when restoring in safe mode. and still none of the files are back ion old. Windows went behind my back and deleted files in Windows.old HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO BE AWARE THINGS DELETE THEM SELVES.

Install Recuva and scan whatever was above the deleted files' location.

If it finds anything, before restoring, you might want to set the settings to "Restore entire file structure" so you can re-created the folder structure of the files you lost.

Next time, just backup your hdd to some external location ffs.

Because that's literally what the folder is, temporary storage in case you have to roll back an upgrade. Your fault.

Why the fuck you have files in windows.old? That folder only remains for 30 days and will be deleted automatically.

No problem OP. Restore from your backup.

> 2017+1
> Not having personal files backed up on another HDD or (at the very least) some other partition.

what the fuck, Alex?

>not having a drive/partition dedicated to file backups
Retard, you deserve it. This is like the stupid tier of the user who put 8 drives in raid 0

>mfw storing all my valuable data in /tmp

Well you See folks I know know better. I didn't think the damn thing would go behind my back and delete it's self with out any kind of prompt, I feel awful right now and I could do with out the mockery. and thank you who gave me some advice I will try anything because these files mean much to me.

Eat a dick and stick a cactus up your ass, you underage piece of rat shit.

Contact MS. Maybe they have it ''synced'' for you.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_recovery
now go away

>Pictures\Pics\Cool pics

I don't have Linux. I have Windows10.

so not only were you storing files in your .old folder (which btw is totally included in the prompts for clearing up space that you agreed to and didn't when you did) you also weren't backing up your data. You're an idiot.

this

Okay now I am terrified, who the hell are you?

Oh whoops I'm a retard. that kinda cheers me up.

i put all my shit on pingfs

Thank you you beautiful user.

>I didn't think the damn thing would go behind my back
haha, you think you own your copy of windows?
windows users don't tell their machine what to do, they simply ask nicely

so use any of the live isos
the point was you should have immediately turned off your computer

just do
and call it a day.

>be retard
>HURR WINDOWS DELETED MY FILES
Like clockwork.

>people used to complain windows doesn't get rid of windows.old and it's wasting space
>people complain now that windows deletes windows.old because they didn't get their shit out of it in time
this is the problem with software doing things for you, there's just no right answer

I'll call it a fucking day when I have my shit back!

just restore from your backups from an external device you cum-dribbling retard

they're most likely already overwritten

God you're retarded.

i moved some files around on my external hard drive, and i keep getting that message every time i use windows search, how to i stop getting that warning? the files that I'm looking for still exist, just in a different folder

Sup Forums - Microsoft Tech Support

Oh no...

>windows.old.000
>\pictures\pics\cool pics\reaction

you fully deserved it

>keeping your important files in windows.old
>keeping anything you need in windows.old

You deserved it retard. For what backwards reason would you keep them in here?

He moved his Users folder to windows.old for replies. The system doesn't touch the users folder during an update or rollback.
see

So I am here. What do I do now? This is make or break I need this shit recovered. some one spoon feed me and walk me through it. PLEASE!

Perform sudoku.

>Alex lost his cool pics

OH NO!

Never mind I got the hang of this shit, I am out.

>using shitdows10

>windows 10
Don't worry, your files are in the cloud :^)

1. Stop being a retard and stop using Windows.old. Use your regular user folder.
2. Run photorec on your hard drive. It'll gather all files that are still written to your drive (including deleted ones) it'll find a lot of files you don't want but it'll also get the files you lost.

Click the Recover… button.