What tax software do you use ? I am too stupid to do my own taxes

What tax software do you use ? I am too stupid to do my own taxes .

Other urls found in this thread:

irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
plaintextaccounting.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

H&R Block can do your taxes online for free.

Just don't file.

>What tax software do you use ?
Calculator
>I am too stupid to do my own taxes
Go to H&R Block, or similar.

Pen and paper. You can print out the forms for free.

anything free means they are selling information though

i want my money friend

I have a qt accountant

what about "freefile" ?

irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

In my country, the tax agency has its own online submission form that lists and calculates your deductions. Once done, it links to online banking portals and allow you to pay immediately. If you already overpaid, you will get the excess banked directly into your chosen bank account. It is a 3rd World Islamic SEA country north of Singapore south of Thailand.

>anything free means they are selling information though
They do it for "free", because it is tax deductable.
If you can't do it
>calculator
then it is in your best interest to find a professional to do it for you.

GnuCash

Who gives a shit? Go post in an AMD vs. Intel thread, and up-vote comments on that leddit tab like you were paid to do user.

you don't have to pay income tax

Damn. No one wonder Sup Forums is the smartest board on Sup Forums

>

>letting the government take an interest free loan off you
you're doing it wrong

>Damn. No one wonder Sup Forums is the smartest board on Sup Forums
>calculator
Sup Forums can follow directions to install gentoo, so I'm pretty sure that they can do the same to do their taxes.

>letting the government take an interest free loan off you
Not balancing your expenditures, so you pay nothing, and get nothing back at tax day.

how do taxes work in the us? I'm fairly certain in the UK your employer deals with all your tax stuff

"Head, Paper and Calculator"™

United way is free

If you have simple taxes you can fill out an ez1040 in about 10 minutes. I think the IRS even provides an ez1040 web app.

I just use turbo tax. It usually costs me about $100.

You should move to a first world country where all you have to do is approve the prefilled tax form by electronically signing it. I can do it in a few simple clicks on either computer, mobile or by sms(!)

I use beancount, but ledger and hledger are great too.
plaintextaccounting.org

In the US, you file a tax form with your employer when you first start working, who then deducts your estimated tax payment and send it to the feds (and state, if they have an income tax) each pay period. But the US tax code has all sorts of odd deductions & tax credits, so you have to fill out a tax form once a year to claim those deductions & credits, and either get any extra money back if you over paid throughout the year, or pay the feds extra if you didn't have enough deducted from your pay. Most people prefer to over pay throughout the year rather than have an extra bill in the new year.

Also note that the tax return system is used to distribute money from the "Earned Income Tax Credit" which is basically a gibs program for the working poor. Many of these people will end up getting more from this than they paid in income taxes in the first place.

>tfw no income so haven't filed taxes since I left the job i had in high school
guess i'll keep my command line learning and use ledger whenever i find a job.