Languages you are happy/regretted you tried to learn:

Languages you are happy/regretted you tried to learn:

I am happy I learned English. It's the most valuable skill I've ever learned.

I am happy I learned German. It's amazing how much technical teaching material there is in German that you can't find in English. I also like going to Germany for cheap döners.

I regret trying to learn Japanese. The people are socially awkward, it's too far away and too expensive for me to bother going there often, and after getting bored with manga and anime there really wasn't anything about the culture that interested me. You also get a far less return on investment when learning japanese. 500 hours of learning spanish or french will get you much farther in terms of speaking abilities than 1000 hours of japanese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0C8myCuRn6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I started to learn Swedish but Sup Forums and Sup Forums ruined that country for me
Also started to learn Russian and i really liked it but it was too complicated, i might pay for a teacher to teach me when i finish college
And i'm learning portuguese right now, i might actually learn this one since it's pretty easy and i like the language

I spent 5 years learning Spanish in school but because everyone else learns English I never have to bother using any other language other than my native one

Feels good man

I tried to learn spanish and regretted not finishing it
I know some french but don't really know where to continue to finish it properly/reach fluency

>been living in Canada for 3 years
>steel speak english like a retard

rreeeee

Don't listen to Sup Forums and Sup Forums bro. As long as you stay out of Malmö you're fine. Sweden is comfy as fuck.

Literally the same as the other Britposters. Just not enough of a reason for me to learn another language

amazon.fr - buy some books and read them. That's how I gained fluency in german.

I don't regret learning any of the languages I have learned or studied.

I didn't really learn Spanish on purpose though so it gives me some weird feels, I'm decent at it for someone who never studied Spanish but I suck at it compared to natives or people who put alot of study into it. I don't feel super compelled to improve it but I also don't like leaving it at the level it is.

I'm pretty happy I learned Esperanto. Took very little effort and has resulted in alot of fun for me, wasn't expecting to get much out of it but I ended up loving it to be quite honest

I honestly regret learning English

>I started to learn Swedish but Sup Forums and Sup Forums ruined that country for me
>I stopped learning a new skill because a bunch of memeing retards

What do you do with your spanish? I am compelled to learn it, but besides maybe visiting a couple of spanish speaking countries there no motivation in it for me

polish, most beautiful language I've learned

>tfw ameridumb and only know english and broken spanish
Feels bad

This is were we see which empire won and which lost. Anyways, spanish will always be 2nd or 3rd most important language.

I dont regret learning english. Thats the only way i could have met my gf.

t. el polaco

>want to learn a new language
>buy a ton of materials
>never learn
story of my life

As in, grammar books for learning the language?

Don't fool him. The memes aren't really exaggerated. Sweden is a nightmare with the feminizm culture and all the stuff, except maybe few länen.
t. A guy who's in love with Swedish, have been to Sweden and plans to live there.

I'm happy i know Swedish. I like that i can understand all the Scandi languages. It's the same with Russian. I know Czech and Russian so i can understand a lot from the other Slavic languages. Feels powerful man, like i can understand the whole Europe except German. That's my next goal so i'm going for it. I hope it's not that hard since German in some meaning close to Russian by grammar and such.

Honestly I just use it everyday at work. I live in California in a Spanish-speaking community, the kind of place where a sizeable portion of the people walk up to me at work and start speaking Spanish immediately instead of English. So like 90% of my Spanish use is just me helping people at work, translating their questions for the other staff, etc., and the remaining 10% is random stuff like talking to friends in a combo of Spanish and English, watching movies/youtube, reading books, etc. Nothing actually very useful or interesting.

>there no motivation in it for me

The only thing I can think of that is truly motivating for me when it comes to Spanish is the literature. Both Spain and Latin America have some awesome /lit/. My level makes reading literary classics and high brow works kind of difficult for me but I can understand them if I focus and have a dictionary, and poetry is fairly accesible to me, and it's all very enjoyable and worth it imo.

But I don't read much these days.

Can't think of any languages I regret learning/trying to learn. Even the ones I failed still taught me a little bit about grammar and vocabulary.

German actually much closer to Swedish than to Russian.
Also you've got to learn a Latin language to be able to speak in any EU country

>I live in California
>Leaf

I don't believe your lies!

I regret learning Spanish. I went to Spain and everyone just bows down to us Brits anyway I feel like a conqueror when I holiday on Spain.

This must be how Americans feel when they go to Mexico

The important thing is that we (UK, France, Spain) all won. We are all the best countries in the world in terms of conquering everyone else and inventing loads of things.

I regret that I tried to learn Ossetian which is supposed to be my native language. Three years of trying to learn useless language in which everyone refuses to talk with me because of my strong accent, so they laugh every time I try to do it. Should have spent this time on something more useful.

I wish no one will know that feeling when you have no language you consider your native.

The leaf keeps appearing on my posts for some reason even though I'm in Cali right now, but anyway you must realize it's possible for a Californian to physically be in Canada while still being from California

>I spent 5 years learning Spanish in school but because everyone else learns English I never have to bother using any other language other than my native one

Literally me, I still can't speak Spanish

Of course it's closer. It's the same language group. But hey, German has gendered objects so as Russian, German has cases so as Russian. Swedish is really close to English by the rules and pronounce. German and Russian have a reputation of a harsh sounding languages.

I can't string a single sentence together despite literally 1000's of hours spent learning.

yah but France and the UK all have a lot of Germanic legacy

English language belongs to Germanic family and as far as know have a lot of Germanic haplogroups just as the French do

also Russians managed to get 1/8 of the Planet land and 8th spoken langugage when they started from being just a small Slavic tribe without any civilization just ~1800 years ago

I dont want to be rude because i know you are meming, but brits are not well seen in Spain because you mostly come to drink and have fun, something that seems that you cant have in your beautiful rainy country.

But thats only in the cheapest places of Spain like Benidorm or Magaluf. In Ibiza everyone is drugged so it doesnt really count.

But all the brits i knew in Madrid were all great people. And very humble.

>I regret that I tried to learn Ossetian which is supposed to be my native language.
Did your ancestors speak it, or did you speak it at a young age and forget it?

Yeah alright then Canada whatever you say

How is this possible?

Try to say somethig right now I want to see what you mean by this

Thank's man. I do love to read, and I do it a lot. So maybe I should give learning Spanish a try. I also like their women, and soccer.

Maybe you are just retards. Maybe.

The UK is the best country if we talk about technical progress. But keep that in mind that a lot of countries contributed to the progress.
Not being patriotic.

>soccer

Is this what globalism looks like?
Cmon man you are Norwegian.

I think so. Either that, or they didnt really learn. But maybe looked over some grammar and vocabulary for 10 minutes every few days

>soccer
Please, do not. You're european.

> German and Russian have a reputation of a harsh sounding languages
but russian is strongly palatalised

>The UK is the best country if we talk about technical progress
nah they are barely in top 15 in the list imho

I'm white, and went to a Mandarin immersion elementary/middle school, and continue to learn it on my own today.
Honestly, it's probably the best decision my parents made for me.

Yes, but he is american. I did not want to cause any misunderstanding.

I know

Most see Brits as trash drunks but wants the money to they pretend to care. Especially in Malaga and Canaria

DON'T

LEARN

CHINESE

Germans would rate Russian as much harsher language than German, you're free to ask.
For us it's obviously not like that, we hear German as cooler version of Russian, and as a harsh language speakers we usually like that kind of languages.

My parents knew it but prefered to communicate mostly in Russian. I spoke it in young age becuase of my grandparents's efforts, but forgot it once I went to school, as all learning was in Russian.

what
for me german sounds as clanking of tank tracks

anyway russian has objectively more palatalised sounds than german

Same scenario with all the minority languages in Russia. Russian supplants it, because Russian in Eastern Europe is the same as English in the world. It's actually bad, because Russian is dying, i mean the amount of speakers decreases with every year.

youtube.com/watch?v=0C8myCuRn6Q

Maybe it's just taste and color.

I just got my spanish to a level I'm comfortable with and am about to start learning mandarin, try and stop me

Learning Latin is next.

not all of us are like that, but yea I guess they do give the rest of us a less than perfect reputation. we just cant get enough of spain

Hola mi nombre es user y yo me gusta peros, porque no hablo espanol

yo no puedo remember how to hablo in future tense
Linguistic classes are pretty inept if they let me keep advancing for 5 years without truly learning

I even had an actual teacher from Spain in my last year before I quit, she said my written spanish was quite good and looked sad I wanted to quit

Damn, that sucks. I hope you can still relearn it.

i love the spanish language and also dont regret learning english.
i tried to learn arabic and it was a total waste of time

thing is you actually have to use a language to learn it.
i learned spanish by going to ecuador for three months and taking classes there. no one spoke any german or english so i was forced to learn spanish really fast because trying to order lunch in a restaurant/ meeting people and women without speaking a word of their language is really annoying

Learn Jap to read animu and shit, and same as OP. Trying to learn French or German, don't have any chance as everyone on business level use English here, even from those countries.
Boo hoo.

Why

can't choose between french and german. German is cool, but french i think will help me to be more prosperous with the ladies.
Actually, i am learning german for some reason...

>I also like going to Germany for cheap döners.

Learned Finnish and worked as a financial translator in Helsinki

Learned Russian to watch Russian TV shows

Learning Indonesian because Indonesian gf

I almost went all in with French, holy shit, dodged a bullet there.

What's the problem with Malmö?

>Learning Indonesian because Indonesian gf
Poor sod. Easy language, though.

definitely don't regret learning french, it's the spiritual brother language to english and makes you appreciate anglo culture even more. lots of extra opportunites if you work in science / engineering. french women are great, french men are total faggots but often interesting.

also the best black metal is french, FIGHT ME

I would like to do something like this because it'd be such great motivation, but I don't have any money.

Well the shitty neighborhoods have gangs, criminals, drug sellers etc.

>liking Peste Noire

if you don't like dueil angoisseus get out of europe and give your spot to an aspirational argentinian or something

>2016
>Esperanto

Confirmed for Cultural Marxist.

I'm happy I learned English. it gives me lots of great experience and it makes other languages easy to learn.
Learning French is also pretty fun, I realized learning French gets me many vocabularies of English actually.

Why not Italian? Best sounding language in Europe for me.