So their whole selling point is that they dont use cookies?

so their whole selling point is that they dont use cookies?

wow big fucking deal

anyone here ever actually use duckduckgo?
I tried it once and it's considerably shittier than google/bing

bangs are pretty comfy

that's a good point. i do miss being able to youtube search or image search with little extra effort

I honestly can't tell whomst you're shilling for

ddg works great, that and startpage are my go tos, never had an issue trying to find what I wanted.

DuckDuckGo works pretty well when you consider that none of its results derive from tracking users. If there is ever a time that DuckDuckGo does not work for me, I use StartPage. For the most part, DuckDuckGo is good enough.

not everyone is shilling for someone. I'm just saying that it's shittier than google. if the results were as accurate as google, I'd use it.

This. I use DDG as my default search engine for the bang.

Fuck them

>turns on location services on his phone
>connects it to his wifi router
>bitches that a website knows his approximate location based on his IP address

when did Sup Forums become numales?

I use searX

>not using YaCy
keked

Aren't you worried it may have telemetry and spyware in their backdoor?

StartPage has this option too.

In any case, Ecosia is what I use, and it's great.

No.

Why the actual fuck use DuckDuckGo when searX exists.

I use it almost exclusively. In one out of a hundred searches I might have to escalate to google, but for the most part it does its job of keeping me out of the google bubble as much as possible.

They set a cookie if you set preferences. You can also use a custom url a bookmark or a passphrase for prefs. ddg has a page somewhere fo the foilhat crowd that explains what each digit in the cookie is there for. (Not all cookies are tracking cookies).

>being this retarded
>ngix
Ngix is one of the most used website hosting software, and like many other similar software, supports operating like an SSL termination proxy
>SSL termination proxy
It is secure since the internal network of a company is secure, you retard.
>affiliate link
So DDG knows someone bought a specific thing, but they don’t know who.
>I don’t know what’s an user agent
>I don’t know how communication over the Internet works
>I don’t know how easy it is to translate an IP to approximate location
You don’t belong in Sup Forums

ddg.gg/lite is comfy

it's Barqs!

Bangs are cool and all, but if you're using DuckDuckGo it's probably because you care about your privacy, and in that case it's even better for privacy to set up your own bangs in your browser as search keywords.