How could one man cause so much division in so many open source communities?

How could one man cause so much division in so many open source communities?

Other urls found in this thread:

pipewire.org/
github.com/PipeWire/pipewire/blob/1ace2a5daf1d25020182fb17459443ff882df015/src/daemon/meson.build
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the ultimate troll/useful idiot
corporate backing sure doesn't hurt

I dont blame him he is just that evil.
Its the legion of ignorant fools around him supporting this disgrace to the FOSS community.

By fixing the right problem with the wrong solution while being just as gentle and charming as Linus himself.

literally who?

>gentle and charming as Linus himself
Linus as in the youtube influencer*

Fake news ads on facebook sponsored by the Kremlin.

I bet systemd is also Russia created hack.

This, RedHat hired him specifically to break havoc.

Because he only cares about things that "just werk" so he often does kinda windowsy solutions. Also because he doesn't know when to stop expanding a project, systemd works very well as an init system and service supervisor but it doesn't need all of that extra stuff like networkd, resolved, nspawn, machinectl, etc.

>it doesn't need all of that extra stuff like networkd, resolved, nspawn, machinectl, etc.
THIS

From wikipedia:
>In 2011 Poettering, one of the main developers of PulseAudio, praised the Windows and macOS audio stacks as "more advanced" and called OSS "a simplistic 90's style audio stack" without relevance for a modern desktop.

>In an August 2014 article published in InfoWorld, Paul Venezia wrote about the systemd controversy and attributed the controversy to violation of the Unix philosophy, and to "enormous egos who firmly believe they can do no wrong". The article also characterizes the architecture of systemd as similar to that of svchost.exe, a critical system component in Microsoft Windows with a broad functional scope.

Yes lets all have a single point of failure in halt and catch fire mode.

There is nothing wrong with systemd, get a job faggots

Why do you fag keep doing this?
Is this the freshest ruse?
I keep seeing people replying to posts directly with copy pasted content from sites.

Feel free to develop BETTER alternatives and I'm not talking about the init part.

I don't have the power RedHat does.

CIA PsyOps black budget

Daily reminder that systemd is free software.

This dude is intelligence community if you didn't already realise

>what is botting

>being clever and posting on Sup Forums
who are you and why are you here?

Because he's a fucking asshole, pure and simple. He can't admit when he's wrong, and lashes out when criticized. I'm confident most of systemd's problems could be fixed if he wasn't such a childish, disingenuous dick.

his transgenderism is just a signal of his other mental defects

*wreck

>germ*n

Poettering. systemd dev

He looks like my faggot cousin

This got me thinking, is there such thing as a "systmd minimal?"

So is chromium.

Yeah, PulseAudio got a lot better when a competent maintainer took over.
Still suffers from shit design though.

What a shitshow

by implementing a huge fast moving corporate spaghetti ball of code that continues to swallow up previous independent functionality which ultimately creates complexity leading to a larger vulnerability surface and potential for bugs

tl;dr shitstemd

>I like Windows and OSX as a desktop
>time to make this server OS just like them
wew

Came here to post this.

>it doesn't need all of that extra stuff like networkd, resolved, nspawn,
I REALLY WONDER WHY critical OS components are all the sudden getting absorbed into one shitty blob
Thinking really hard now desu

1. Take a ubiquitous, kludgy, poorly documented Linux component.
2. Re-write it from the ground up.
3. Realize you've missed out 90% of the non-standard use-cases.
4. Re-implement mountains of poorly designed kludges.
5. Roll out new kludgy, poorly documented Linux component.

Rinse.
Repeat.

>Don't re-write shit you don't understand.

And on top of that, after all the shit design, shit implementations, and broken audio, it's getting replaced anyway.
I'm not even fucking kidding.
pipewire.org/

That's the Red Hat/freedesktop way.
Force everyone to use it just to abandon it and introduce an incompatible complete rewrite.
Remember HAL?
Remember ConsoleKit?
Remember PolicyKit?
Remember DeviceKit?

The wesbite is fucking lagging as I scroll down it on a machine with a 3GHz quad core and 8GB of RAM. That's fucking ridiculous. I'm not even going to bother analyzing the page because today is a happy day, and piss poor numale koders aren't going to ruin it with obscene amounts of unoptimized spaghetti.

ok lemme post it.

>PipeWire is a project that aims to greatly improve handling of audio and video under Linux. It aims to support the usecases currently handled by both PulseAudio and Jack and at the same time provide same level of powerful handling of Video input and output. It also introduces a security model that makes interacting with audio and video devices from containerized applications easy, with supporting Flatpak applications being the primary goal. Alongside Wayland and Flatpak we expect PipeWire to provide a core building block for the future of Linux application development.

>Features include:
>Capture and playback of audio and video with minimal latency.
>Real-time Multimedia processing on audio and video.
>Multiprocess architecture to let applications share multimedia content.
>GStreamer plugins for easy use and integration in current applications.
>Sandboxed applications support. See Flatpak for more info.

Works fine for me on my old Thinkpad but how am I supposed to read it.

*wreak

it requires systemd doesnt it?

underrated post. this guys a huge faggot.

Looks fine here on Brave.

I think someone was working on one called uselessd but they gave up.

github.com/PipeWire/pipewire/blob/1ace2a5daf1d25020182fb17459443ff882df015/src/daemon/meson.build

>systemd = dependency('systemd', required: false)

excited now. everything associated with this cockring retard needs to die.

Same thing goes for Flatpak. I think they thought about making it depend on systemd, but at this point I guess even Redhat realizes that's a stupid idea.

what did systemd mean by this:
>commit 7715629 (networkd: Fix race condition in [RoutingPolicyRule] handling (#7615)).
>Does not fix race. Still there is a race in case of bride because the bride goes down and up .

>While bride comes up and we call the call again route_configure if finds it self in the callback function LINK_STATE_CONFIGURED networkd dies.

posting some more from their github. dunno what half this shit means, but maybe it means something to you anons.

>PipeWire is a new multimedia framework designed from scratch that aims to provide:
>graph based processing with support for feedback loops and atomic graph updates
>flexible and extensible media format negotiation and buffer allocation
>support for out-of-process processing graphs with minimal overhead
>Hard real-time capable plugins
>achieve very low-latency for both audio and video processing

>The framework is used to build a modular daemon that can be configured to:
>be a low-latency audio server with features like pulseaudio and/or jack
>a video capture server that can manage hardware video capture devices and provide access to them
>a central hub where video can be made available for other applications such as the gnome-shell screencast API.

From a page titled "Ideas"
>Bindings for scripting language, this would make it possible to interactively build pipelines
>wrappers for LADSPA and LV2 plugins, probably as SPA plugins so they can be loaded with the SPA module directly
>dynamic ports and format updates are not very well worked out
>decoders, demuxers probably based on ffmpeg would allows us to make playback pipelines
>Think about file reading in a separate non-real-time thread
>Think about reimplementing PulseAudio features
>Think about reimplementing JACK features

Yes, so?

because his code is utter shit.

Everything he made was already done better before.

what do you mean? all the distros that matter fell into line

Eternal kraut sowing division within the Linux community

ability to mute programs from the mixer instead of all audio is nice.

OSS can do that

but isnt that deprecated and replaced with alsa? i dont know any non dead distro that uses oss.

>literally wake up in cold sweats ever night soaked in piss like ripley at the beginning of aliens
>thinking about this un-modular, feature creeped web of un-unix spaghetti code
>i scream until my neighbors call the cops
>every morning
>i see his face
>then some asslord redditor normie phone poster comes on my anime bord
>'lel who is this guy?'
OH MY GOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

division?
The software he wrote literally made most distributions redundant.

its a good thing that someone made sane init files tho. those shell scripts were not user friendly. even a retard can easily make a systemd unit file.

He's the world's most insufferable faggot and he has an extremely punchable face.

Fitting as systemd was made by a retard.

Because his software is shit, but he has billions of dollars of corporate backing.

I pray he's raped to death by tan Germans daily.

shell scripts are sane unless you are a retard.

I like systemd