America has a serious epidemic of parents trying to BAN the teaching of evolution from schools

>America has a serious epidemic of parents trying to BAN the teaching of evolution from schools
>There are Americans on int RIGHT NOW who still don't believe in it or were forced to change their belief to "god-guided evolution"

Why are the people of the greatest superpower in the world so anti-science?

I bet China isn't going to have this problem

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpEzMKIO9UQ
abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/texas-textbook-controversy-10714419
abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/texas-textbook-controversy-10080731
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and banning Vaccines, don't forget that
don't want your kid getting autism now do we

but china have 100million population of chiristian xD

Who knows man?

Are you kidding me
Did he really tweet this shit?

China has 100 million population of anything

Global warming is a myth.

That was a problem like 10 years ago. Supreme court struck down teaching creationism in schools.

Delete this...

>there's anything wrong with believing in god and evolution

>Something scientific completely contradicts your religious teachings
>Completely morph your beliefs
>"y-yes it's fine now. Our religion is definitely the truth!"
>"What's wrong with believing in god AND evolution lol atheists???"

Tip harder, faggot.

>implying the bible isn't open to interpretation

>Christians literally worship a shit skin jew
Just kill me now

>t. joseph smith

So is the Quran in that way

>his flag has a cross

Mohammad might have been whiter than Jesus

>Australian hours

Catholicism has always accepted that the Bible is metaphor

>he believes humans came from rocks
but religion is apparently a "fairy tale"

moses/jesus/muhammed were all shitskins

They accepted that Genesis was metaphor. And really that was only the high-ranking clerics and theologians, most Catholics believed in the bible very much literally.

It's worth noting that until the advancement of archaeology Catholics believed in old testament history, like Exodus and onward, as being literal things that actually happened.

>humans came from rocks

makes perfect sense desu

Not an argument

it's ironic how most of you upity people who believe in evolution like life is some Pokemon game, never bother to read much into this ""theory"" full of holes and just take it on faith that its true because it came out of some textbook.

Cletus comin' straight outta the Mississippi public education system with a hot take.

Fuck off nigger read a book

And? I haven't met a single person in my life who took the bible seriously. Even most of the people I know don't even believe in god.

this must be a meme post

the bible and the evolution literally contradict each other you retard, if you're going to cherrypick what small parts of each other to believe, might aswell make your own religion

you fuck off retard, go pray to your gay biology textbook and pretend your faith is any different.

I thought Americans being anti-science was just a meme.

What holes?

You're still allowed to teach creationism alongside evolution along with the fact that there is no penalty on skipping out on the evolution portion of high school biology.

I guess this was in VA about a decade ago so maybe it was before that ruling.

>people don't magically have knowledge of divine revelation

No shit?

>le science vs religion
>le science is the height of truth

Nice memes, are you from reddit?

Well, science as a method has proven for the last two hundred years to provide with far better and far more precise knowledge than religion has done for the last few millenia.
Of course arguing science vs religion is retarded but still

1) if we evolved from monkeys, why are they still around?
2) why are we the only smart lifeforms on the planet?
3) how do we know these so called evolutionary links even exist, and weren't made up?
4) it takes years for a bird to ""evolve"" a slightly different beak, but the earth is only like 3000 years old. if we were really evolving do fast we'd be super creatures by now.

there's more but those are the big ones

>its a retarded american episode

bait

see? you morons can't even address the questions.
you just automatically assume you're 100% right without even thinking.

I've been to America and met some pretty retarded people, though I'm sure this is has a 99.99% likelihood of being bait, I'm still going to take the bait and answer these questions.
1. We didn't evolve from monkies, we evolved from a common ancestor.
2. There are other animals who are smart in their own respective way, but the "point" of evolution is not to make animals smart. The only "point" of evolution is to survive. Oganisms that are better able to live and reproduce in their particular environments survive and breed. Organisms that are poorly suited to their environments die out.
3.Actually, paleontologists know of many detailed examples of fossils intermediate in form between various taxonomic groups. One of the most famous fossils of all time is Archaeopteryx, which combines feathers and skeletal structures peculiar to birds with features of dinosaurs.
4. Kys retard

I am christian and i want you to stop.

Argue on Sup Forums not here.

Christian education is better than sjw atheist education. Also evolution has so many flaws that any smart person realizes it's bullshit

I know that your post is mostly likely bait or meme magic, but righto, lets go.
>1) if we evolved from monkeys, why are they still around?
Humans didn't evolve from monkeys, humans and monkeys have a common ancestor. What you are essentially saying is "if my cousin and I share a grandfather, why is my cousin still here?"
>2) why are we the only smart lifeforms on the planet?
There are a number of ways to address this, I could post examples of smart animals, but instead I will post examples of failures in the human body: Primates and Guinea pigs are the only two mammals on earth who do not produce their own Vitamin C, requiring instead to obtain it from their diet. Why would an omnipotent deity full of love making man in his own image give the gift of never getting scurvy to every animals except Humans and Guinea pigs?

Mammal eyes have a blind spot in them, Cephalopod eyes do not. Why would God demonstrate that he COULD make a perfect eye, but chose not to give it to many creatures?
>3) how do we know these so called evolutionary links even exist, and weren't made up?
Why would you want to make them up?
>4) it takes years for a bird to ""evolve"" a slightly different beak, but the earth is only like 3000 years old. if we were really evolving do fast we'd be super creatures by now.
I don't know what it is going to take to prove to you that the earth is over 4 billion years old, I see evidence every day, but I guess one place to start would be to learn about the ratios of Uranium to Lead at the bottom of mines. That's a pretty good place to start.

Or you can keep believing in talking snakes and that time that god drowned everyone except for this couple he liked and told to build a boat. Or that time that a guy got swollowed by a whale and lit a fire in it's belly to escape. Or that time God turned a city of people to salt and one bitch who just couldn't keep her eyes forward so her daughters decided to seduce their old man instead...

I am a big fat faggot

Last time I checked, my high school or gymnasium education had nothing to do with atheism or social justice.

daily reminder that this is what I ACTUALLY look like

This isn't very good bait. You went meps american lures when you needed panther martin.

Why wouldn't it be? Just because islam has a much larger proportion of retards that take it as a 1:1 literal interpretation doesn't mean it isn't open for different perspectives, otherwise there would only be one subset of islam rather than several.

Is the southern cross ok?

>mfw an unenlightened atheist posts on my board

any qt bois ITT?

What's your opinion on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=jpEzMKIO9UQ

censorship caused by greedy jew media

>1) if we evolved from monkeys, why are they still around?
Have you ever actually seen a monkey in real life? Of course you haven't. Because all the ones you saw are from Christian propaganda meant to hide the fact that they don't exist anymore.

Record status: corrected

Rage inducing

no no no you don't get it it's about the FREEDOM to teach all POSSIBILITIES like the possibility that earth is 6000 years old and satan planted dinosaur bones to lead good christian folk astray

>there are people who think everything suddenly burst into reality
>there are people who think atoms, matter etc suddenly just happened OR think that all of that was already there

HOOOO BOY LMAO

I'm always dumbfounded when I run into Americans who seriously, LITERALLY in the literal meaning of the word believe in god.
Being christian is all good and the teachings of the church are great. Treat others well, don't be a dick etc. but there are actual ADULTS, grown men, who BELIEVE IN GOD. You're not supposed to do that unless you were born as a farmer in 900AD or happen to be under the age of 10 or something.
It's always amazed me how many people can completely miss out the entire point of a book about teaching life lessons through metaphors and cling on to the one unimportant detail of a "god" figure that was added in to make the book appeal to people in a time when people couldn't understand natural phenomena like thunder and floods etc.

And Americans actually consider this a normal thing to do and try to ridicule regular people who treat it bible like a collection of advice instead of a LITERAL RECORDING OF ACTUAL EVENTS like they're awkward neckbeards or something because they understand reading comprehension.

>god
>real

this. a majority of finns belong to the church but actually believing in god is something reserved for lunatic cults up north. I went through the week long jesus camp that as people do at the age of 14 and even there the priest outright told me it's totally ok if I don't want to believe in god.

people are part of the church because:
#1 church wedding. it's sad but it's really the #1 reason.
#2 the church does good. local programs, help for the poor and troubled, foreign aid.
#3 the bible teaches important values

the ones who are crazy enough to believe in a god typically don't even belong to the church because they're a part of some tiny sect community anyway since the "mainstream church is too lenient"

This is why Islam is taking over Nordic countries.

there are way more muslims in the US than here

>russia
>european
wew

You notice they cut it off there heading east

Yet people here hate sandnigger.

internet winked for racist imagery

>tfw Funland likes my country
You all are welcome here anytime. I'll even buy you a burger.

It's the retarded South/Bible-Belt region once again.

In fact, the board of education in Texas tried to pass a law a few years back that would make the Sandinistas of Nicaragua and Stalinist Russia weep, where state schools in Texas were going to be mandated textbooks where parts of American history were changed to fit the religious and political narratives of the South.

abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/texas-textbook-controversy-10714419

abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/texas-textbook-controversy-10080731

Keeping the South was a fucking mistake.

test

it's actually "how do you feel like immigrants coming from these countries" so people like the american people even if they don't like america as a country

I only ever went to church because it was easy to meet cute girls and shake their fathers hand before I fucked them senseless later

That's what I figured it meant. Not even Americans like their country right now, or rather the government that runs it.

fucking baptists

also the type of people that drag america down as a country are the type of people who've never left the state they were born in. the ones who make it to europe even for a vacation are usually fine

stop arguing.

Its pointless

k

thx

You know, I have never heard of the argument happening with anyone outside of this place. I once overheard an elementary school kid suddenly spout out about how God made man, but that's it. It feels weird, because since it's such a hot button topic you'd think people would be talking about it more.

Islam
>Belief in god. Allah.
>Jesus as one of the prophets.
In what way we would be any closer to islam according to those comments you listed?

The plebs need their magic men to believe in and always will, dismantling Christianity is leaving a void that will be filled by something worse.