What are history classes like in your country?

What are history classes like in your country?

>Nazis
>Nazis
>the 1848 revolution, emigration to the US, the unification of Germany
>more Nazis

I'm not a Sup Forumstard but talking about Nazis at literally every turn trivalizes the whole issue.

>Samo empire (slavic state)
>Great Moravia
>Austria-Hungary
>Austria-Hungary
>Austria-Hungary
>Austria-Hungary
>HUNGARIAN OPRESSION
>SLOVAK REVOLUTION
>WE ARE COUNTRY NOW

Tho history classes are generally pretty shit, most people just remember few years for test then forget everything

>WE WUZ
>War
>War
>War
>Coup
>Coup
>Dictator
>Fucking americans
>Fucking French
>Fucking war
>Dictator
>Fucking Mexico
>Juarez
>Dictator
>Revolution
>OIL
>More war and new stuff

it's because you're evil nazis

forgot pic

Did your history teacher teach unbiased about Hitler and the Nazis?

>middle ages (fuck the pope, taxes are bad)
>middle to modern ages (france and italy are so enlighted lets suck their dick for a few months)
>industrial revolution (british hate children)
>WWI (we wuz heroes)
>WWII (japan is bad, uk can fuck off, usa is new best friend)
>australian history (we wuz bushrangers, poor abos dindu nuffin)

>25th may revolution
>Colon "discover" America
>Pre-25th may revolution
>Peron
>Menem
>Dictatiorship of Videla.

Well we spent a lot of lessons pondering the issue of why Germany of all countries was the first one to act on rampant anti-semitism.

accurate, but you forgot the flaklands/malvinas thing

>ancient slavic russia
>the great russian goverment
>time of troubles
>the great russian empire
>revolution
>the great ussr
>some abuse of power on the beginning
>but then defeating the nazis
>evil nazis and the great victory
>literary a semester for 1941-1945
>the great victory
>then some troubles and perestroika
>p.s. remember the victory

Oh yeah, i forgot that.

>spaniards
>colonies
>independence
>after independece politics
>civil war
>more politics
>civil war
>saltpeter times
>crisis
>more politics
>WWI
>WWII
>Russian revolution
>industrialization
>cold war
>Allende
>Pinochet's dictatorship
>more politics and social shits
Really makes you thing

>No Unholy German Clusterfuck

Our history is longer than the Hungarian one, thats why that picture is extremely ironic

We did talk a lot about the governmental system of the Holy Roman Empire but I exaggerated for effect.

>egyptians
>greeks
>romans/lusitanians(viriato)
>formation of the county of portucale in 868
>independence from Leon in 1143
>portuguese sucession crisis(battle of aljubarrota)
>conquest of ceuta(north africa,start of the first global empire and age of discoveries
>rise of our empire
>battle of alcacer quibir(Sebastian I dies)
>sucession crisis
>Philip II suceeds the throne legitimately
>start of the philipine dinasty
>blank
>restauration war
>second rise of the empire
>gold age of portugal under the sun god João V
>earthquake of lisbon(capital destroyed,80% of the population dies)
>reconstruction under Marques de Pombal.
>French revolution
>french invasion and peninsular war(portugal focus)
>king and family flees to brazil
>king returns but makes his son the governor of brazil
>Pedro IV gets bullied by the portuguese court
>declares independence(he's the king anyway)
>his sister rules the kingdom of portugal
>Civil War
>republican rise
>regicide
>first republic
>world war I
>republic fails and fascist government rises
>the president gives full power to a huge intellectual professor called Salazar
>world war II
>Colonial war
>Carnation revolution
>entrance to EU

do you talk about Brazil a lot?

Everything we learn in classes has some kind of relation with Jose Vasconcelo's Raza cósmica essay.

As a independent nation?No...
We learn that our king in portugal died and his son who was the governor of brazil but also heir of the kingdom of portugal,brazil and algarves declared brazil independent(basically auto-cuck) for some dumb fuxking reason
After that we never hear about brazil again

What
does
this
mean?
I
Hate
kikes
my
ancestors
hated
kikes
and
I
Hate
them
now

but, how do they tell you so much about what nazis did other than the holocaust?
are you supposed to memorize all names of victims or something?
i think the only what makes nazis so special is the holocaust, and other than that the ww2 is nothing but yet another war of aggression, which has basically been repeated countless times in history.

>what makes nazis so special is the holocaust
Lets
say
germans
killed
million
jews
And?
successful
war.

In regards to the first question: we literally have mandatory concentration camp visits in Germany.

Also, WW2 was a Nazi war of aggression. I don't think Germany alone should bear the brunt of causing WW1, but WW2 was pretty much on us, and to a lesser extent the Brits.

you
kill
your
enemies.
the
jew
are
the
enemy

What conclusion did you nigs come to?

Everything has a huge leftist biased. We basically just learn all the "sensetive" liberal issues from the past, skipping over anything actually important, so kids never develop a sense of what happened.
>muh kings
>muh bourgeoisie
>slavery
>KKK
>femninism
>hitler
We learn very little ancient history, most of it is gutted to make room for more liberal topics

million
weren't
enough
jews
should
have
been
nuked

Japanese study Japanese History and The World History in high school. Almost of us know all the Chinese dynasties and West European's royal families.

Wwi germany was alright and was just being a meanie like napoleon
WWII germany is a fascist regime aiming for the extermination of non-german looking people under their empire.
Had they been sucessful the jews wouldnt be the only ones to be exterminated.Slavs would be next.

>Roanoke
>Jamestown
>Pilgrims
>More colonial stuff
>French and Indian War
>Revolution
>Post Independence stuff
>War of 1812
>Industrial Revolution
>Manifest Destiny
>Muh slavery
>Civil War
>Reconstruction
>More Industrial Revolution
>Imperialism
>Teddy
>WWI
>Roaring 20s
>Great Depression
>WWII
>Cold War
>Korean War
>Civil Rights stuff
>'Nam
>More Cold War
>Collapse of the Soviet Union
>Post Cold War Stuff
>Gulf War
>Muh 9/11
>Invasion of Afghanistan
>Iraq 2: Electric Boogaloo
>2008 Recession
>Arab Spring
>Current events

>world history
You mean after world war II?kek

You guys are ignorant and your government promotes that.

Hard to say, but generally speaking, it's a mix of the following;

>Germany is shit after WW1 (muh Versailles treaty)
>lots of Jews in Germany, probably the country with more Jewish tradition than anyone else
>Germans are looking for a scapegoat
>Hitler promised to improve things, Germany is actually better under his rule at first
>he issues commands to build death camps (great debate: did the average German know about this?)
>this improvement comes at the expense of losing your personal liberties and government-sanctioned racism as well as anti-semitism

That's pretty much it.

>Early human history, Rome, Feudalism
>Spanish empire and the treatment of the new world
>Our revolution, industrial revolution
>60 years of civil war
>Roca, Sarmiento, that other dude
>The Oligarchy
>Irygoyen getting rekt
>Coup
>Coup
>Coup
>Peronism
>Coup
>Coup
>iIlia
>Peronism again
>coup
> instead of learning what happens during democracy, history teacher spends the last part of the year ranting about his political views

retard.

No.
We learn from the age of Phoenician in middle east .

thanks

Amazing history argentina.Is that all in a mini book of 60 pages?
In portugal you need 5 years of history classes(5th-9th gradre) to get everysingle bit of portuguese history

>very ancient civilizations (sumer, egypt etc.)
>ancient civilizations (rome, greece, china)
>fall of western rome, movement of peoples, byzantium
>carolingian renaissance, charlemagne, early polish tribes
>foundation of polish kingdom
>medieval era poland, feudalism, crusades, some holy roman empire stuff (struggles between emperor and pope, relations with poland)
>new world, colonization era, renaissance, reformation
>PLC, wars against everyone around
>internal conflicts, degradation of the state, attempted reforms, annexation by A-P-R
>american war of independence
>french revolution and napoleonic wars
>post-napoleonic europe, industrialization
>poland under subjegators, polish struggles for independence, german unification
>WW1
>soviet wars, interwar poland, great depression
>WW2
>soviet poland

No you dont,shut the fuck up.

>Founding Fathers
>More Founding Fathers
>FUCK KING GEORGE
>FUCK REDCOATS
>Muh Constitution
>France is our bro
>Fastforward 1914
>Fucking Germany
>Great Depression
>Fuck yeah Roosevelt
>Fucking Nazi Germany
>Fucking Japs
>LOL ITALY!
>Fucking Commies
>Fucking gook Commies
>Fucking Nixon
>More fucking Commies
>MR GOMMIECHOV TEAR DOWN THIS WALL
>Fucking Jihadists

>invade
>countries

Is that history or your news channel?

it could be 10 tomes but its probably lame af, that's why noone studies portuguese history

Dont forget about muh slaves

When it comes to Iberian history , in the history class I studied that the Reconquista finished in 1492 when Spain beated Nasr ,and The treaty of Tordesilhas , the treaty of Saragosa, and that Portugal invaded Goa in India, Morucca in Indonesia, and Macao in China.

My opening class in middle school the first things we learned were evolution and homo-erectus. Literally couldn't point to France on a map before I started browsing Sup Forums at 18, and I did fairly well. Most assignments are open-ended writings where you have to give your opinions on why things might have happened

Also I went to a "billingual magnet elementary school", where we had about half mexican kids bussed in from the ghetto. There we learned mostly Mexican and Aztec history and little American history

are you salty mate, why would you care about that

I had a private school so mine wasn't the standard.

I had 4 years iirc. First history class was up to the spanish empire. Wasn't very in depth but it gives you the basics. Then we had Geography which was basically international history (industrial revolutions, gommunism, cold war, very economics centered).

Then we had two years of Argentine history proper which was very in depth and teaches you a lot of juicy details. Things go to shit as soon as Peronism returns because historic revisionism

You all would probably be astonished by the history we learn.

I don't have anything in order but (keep in mind I live near Boston)

>Roman (Including military tactics + greek sheeeiiiit very extensive)
>Middle Ages primary western euro
>Byzantium
>French Revolution
>American Revolution (whole year in middle school)
>French and Indian War
>American Manifest Destiny n' sheeeiiiittttt
>Civil War (honestly? pretty interesting)
>Chinese Dynasties up to Qing but most are glossed over
>WWI and WWII are surprisingly not really taught as I'm guessing most people learn about that in their own time
>I'll reiterate, WWI and WWII are very generally taught like, WWI was idk lol franz ferdinand and WWII was watch a fuckin' movie you savage

The vast majority of it is slavery guilt, Jim Crow guilt, Underground Railroad, Indian conquest guilt, women's rights movement, how black soldiers actually won WWII, Japanese internment camp/atom bomb guilt, Civil Rights movement, McCarthyism/Red Scare guilt, Vietnam guilt...

Literally what, proxy faggot you aren't American

nothing after the 19th century?

Dude.you.did.not.
The only thing you probably learned in school about iberia is the nanban trade and the shimabara rebellion -

ooh i completely forgot about the french revolution. the politics behind it are taught in depth

20th* Really not, seriously. At least in my high school which was/is a very good high school. Again my guess is that they don't need to teach it as you learn about it through everyday life. Who doesn't know about Vietnam or the Cold War?

Forgot: Lots of time spent on how Gilded Age industrialists were worse than Hitler and how they killed 250 million people in unsafe factories and beat up/shot union organizers.

Why the fuck do you learn about the chinks?

>rome and greece
>anglo saxons
>1066
>tudors
>industrial revolution
>black slavery (shame, shame, shame)
>muh empire made global trade which was good but shot indians which is bad
>world war 1 was utterly horrific oh dear god the horror
>we were cool dudes in ww2, we go the beach, it's our finest shower, in the history of mankind never has so many be owed to much etc...

I read now they're going out of their way to focus more on all the contributions coloured people have made to our country...

This
is
what
you
fought
hitler
for
the
Jews
World

I forgot, 6 billion innocent jewish babies were killed by the nazis.

Try and guess.

Didn't you study about the 100war between French and Brit , or the Crusade ?

I don't know bruh, but it was definitely a thing. It definitely can tell you a bit about their subservient culture though. And nouveau hierarchy. Idk.

why
does
this
matter?
jews
lives
don't
matter
fucking
judes

>muh Commonwealth
>muh partitions
>muh German and Russian crimes/genocide/rape
>muh communism
>muh Pope

I heard they want to replace florence nightingale with some black nurse, I never remember learning about florence nightingale in school anyway so wtf they're going to do. Before 1950 the non white population of the UK was utterly tiny. I remember the BBC once calling George Orwell Indian because he was born in India which is pretty funny. Loads of our people in 1800/early 1900s were born in colonies. Richard Dawkins was even born in kenya it doesn't make him a fucking Kenya kek.

Nah don't learn about those things, there is a lot of stuff to cram in and why waste valuable holocaust time talking about medieval stuff?

Don't you study that Cromwell slaughterred Irish in Ireland? We japanese study it in our high school. This is a page of that history.

kikes
should
all
be
killed
for
there
to
be
peace
and
happiness

>The greeks
>The roman empire
>The crusades
>European colonialism
>The American Revolution
>Slavery and the Civil War
>A little bit about the Napoleonic Wars
>World War I, less so about the war and more about its causes
>Lots on World War II, only a little on the causes and the situation in Europe prior to Pearl Harbor, then a lot about the American contribution to the war.
>The Cold War, especially Vietnam
>Dipping a little bit into the modern era and the roots of shit going down in the Middle East.

Nope, they didn't teach us about Cromwell or the war of the Roses, the unification of England and Scotland or the conquest of Wales. I hope I just went to a very bad school desu because mu history lessons were horrifically bad.

They pay a lot of attention to presidents. For instance in middle school our textbooks had two whole pages on each one, which is stupid since a bunch of them didn't do shit

The 7 years war and the vietnam war are criminally overlooked, as is the korean war

A lot of time is spent on the revolution and immediate aftermath

There's a sense of bland optimism about our history that pisses me off. Bad things are overlooked or under analyzed

All American teachers are crazy liberals. They are all strange, quirky people

I too, live in Massachusetts and basically this. We had separate classes for World History and American History. It went something like this:

>World History I: Everything up to the Renaissance. Was pretty in depth. Even learned about the Polynesians and Poo in Loos.
>World History II: Everything from the Renaissance to today. Was basically just a glorified history of Europe for the past 500 years, but there was some Chinese and Middle Eastern stuff.
>American History I: Everything from Colonization until about the Reconstruction or so.
>American History II: Everything from the late 1800s until about the second Iraq War .

Not necessarily. A few of my History teachers in particular were pretty redpilled. One of them was a grizzled Vietnam vet and another was like something straight out of /k/.

Isn't Islam history taught in your schools?
We japanese have to memorize the histories and kings of Umdyyad, Abbasids, Sevjuq, Mamluk, Ottoman dynasties in order to pass uni's exams.

>get detention once
>we get visited by someone from the board of education
>It's a black guy wearing full African clothes like pic related
>he gets into an argument with one kid telling him he shouldn't become a writer

I've said it before and I'll say it again, blacks have made a cultural career off of complaining.

Yes. Learning Islamic History was a pretty major unit in our World History classes.

Which city did you go to school in?

But then again, it varies by school and by state. My history classes were extremely in depth, but in other schools it may not be.

San Diego, this is me too

Do they ever go into anything past that? Old Saxons, Alemmanics, migration out of the Proto-Germanic Urheimat?

>we wuz kings
>we wuz brits
>we wuz independent

God that shit's the worst in the South.

Slavery, black folk, and black civil rights always found a way to wriggle itself irrelevant ass into whatever we were discussing.

Isn't there any Authorized textbooks in the US?
For instance, The Ministry of Japanese Education and Science compel textbooks companies to list all histories that the Ministry decided to make students study in textbooks.

>We wuz English n shit
>Revolution
>Something about killing Indians
>Mans best destiny
>Civil War and slavey
>??? who ???
>Germany is evil
>Japan is evil
>It aint me starts playigb

That how I was taught history

My high school classes stopped doing in-depth lessons around WWII. Post-WWII to modern day was basically covered in about a month.

Now I found that there're so big gaps between the history classes of good schools and that of bad schools in America that many American support Trump.

>High schoolers in Sup Forums
I can't believe that there are already high school textbooks with sections on the Arab Spring.

How did they convince themselves that studying Mexican history was relevant for Americans? During what years were you studying history in middle school?

No. It's determined by state laws and school boards what students have to learn, but not what material they have to use.

>Also I went to a "billingual magnet elementary school", where we had about half mexican kids bussed in from the ghetto.
>There we learned mostly Mexican and Aztec history and little American history

How the fuck can people be surprised that Trump is popular?

>pilgrims
>war of independence
>fuck indians
>civil war
>ww1 + ww2
>fuck the spanish
>civil rights
>Vietnam
>present situation
That was the main history course in my school, but there were seperate ones for asian and european history. European history was 70% French history with some English, Dutch, and German tossed in there. This is in nyc.

Ancient cities(Ur etc.)
Greeks
Romans
Constantinopole
Early Poles
Piast Dynasty
Teuton Order
Poland until PLC
PLC
PLC kicking ass
Discovery of Americas
Fall of PLC
Uprisings
WW1
Poland in the interbellum(War with Soviet Union, how good it was to have Wilno and Lwów)
WW2
Commies
Solidarity

>I will never study history in a Massachusetts highschool.

At my schools history always ended in the early 2000's.

Ancient Greece (culture)
Alexander Macedon conquest and Hellenism
Diadochi and Jewish rebellion against Seleucids
Rome and fall of Rome
Rise of Islam
Middle Ages and the Black Death
The Enlightenment in Europe (plus how it affected the Jewish communities in Europe)
Napoleon and advance of Liberalism
The Great War and creation of Zionism
The Great Depression
World War II and Holocaust
Jewish settlement in British mandate of Transjordania and Arab-Israeli conflict

Probably missed some shit but overall that's most of it.

I forgot about overall middle ages and Napoleon

>Ancient time (Văn Lang, Âu Lạc)
>Chinese domination with a bunch of rebellions
>independent
>Dynasty #1 with some China invadings but failed
>Dynasty #2 with some China invadings but failed
>repeat that 3-4 time
>Frogs colonization but we kicked them out
>American war (or Vietnam war if you like)

>no emigration to brazil even as a citation
I will pretend I am not sad.

Nothing about the khmer empire?

Or your tense relations with Siam prior to the french colonization?