You want to hear a good joke?

MSI's M.2 heat shield

Kek if you still own one.

Other urls found in this thread:

ekwb.com/shop/ek-m-2-nvme-heatsink-black
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you want to trap heat in?

>not keeping your SSD warm and fuzzy

Been using ekwb.com/shop/ek-m-2-nvme-heatsink-black so far. M.2 waterblocks when?

>heat shield
What the actual fuck
CPU heat shield when

Just letting you know, the NAND actually degrades more rapidly over time if you try to cool it below its regular operating temps. What you need to cool is the controller, which will actually throttle shit if it heats up, which it will under heavy load.

M.2 is the joke.

The idea to slap a heatsink on top of it isn't any bad though.

you need airflow over it too

"Heat Shield" is just a retarded marketing name for a heatsink.
It is not an insulator.

A heatsink is always better than no heatsink, at least it is going to convect and radiate heat if you dont have any case fans gpu fans and no flow in your case.

Except that, in testing, the heat shield has been found to function as a heat shield, raising the temperatures of the drive. It is not a sink.

I bought a MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON and this mobo is shit ! My M.2 is too hot (I obviously remove this fucking heat shield), ram is underclocked and drivers are shitty.

I won't buy anymore MSI, next time, I'll try asus !

Then It's not the boards fault that M.2 is hot

> Except that, in testing, the heat shield has been found to function as a heat shield, raising the temperatures of the drive. It is not a sink.

I can confirme on personnal tests

So, room temperature (28C) water is going to make it break quicker? How does that work out? Isn't it the same temp when turned on in open air? Anyway, my controller doesn't really effect my M.2s, I use VROC, it does however effect my regular SATA SSDs, so that's why it's also watercooled.

>heat shield
>no heatsink
I mean if an M.2 needs anything stuck on it I'd put a heatsink and not place it under a card like that.

ASUS mobos at least start up like they should. Every time I bought a gigabyte mobo, the fucker doesn't work, even after resetting jumpers.

Which engineer puts the M2 under the graphics card on a gamer motherboard ? I think it's a design mistake !

Gaymen boards in general are design mistakes

Supposedly, yes. Don't ask me, this is what I've heard from Gamer's Nexus and a few other sources that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Sounds like a shill trying to justify heat problems with m.2 drives.

what the fuck is this weird trend to shield everything
do the same people that eat up RGB lighting also want this shit too?