So, this is what happened after installing KB4056894 (on Windows 7)

So, this is what happened after installing KB4056894 (on Windows 7).
Tested and rebooted multiple times.
Wew lads.

ASUS Sabertooth P67
SanDisk SSD PLUS (SDSSDA240G)

No way I'm installing this on my main system (6600k)

Other urls found in this thread:

meltdownattack.com/
tomshardware.co.uk/meltdown-spectre-exploits-intel-amd-arm-nvidia,news-57627.html
amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution
zdnet.com/google-amp/article/the-linux-vs-meltdown-and-spectre-battle-continues/
theregister.co.uk/AMP/2018/01/09/meltdown_spectre_slowdown/
nextplatform.com/2018/01/08/cost-spectre-meltdown-server-taxes/amp/
datacenterknowledge.com/manage/how-red-hat-dealing-spectre-cpu-meltdown
access.redhat.com/security/vulnerabilities/speculativeexecution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he fell for SSD meme
my HDD doesn't have this problem :^)

I'm not installing it either, faggots won't find out a way to exploit this. Just like it took them 10 years to find this bug out.

Use commonsense.

>I'm not installing it either, faggots won't find out a way to exploit this.
How do you know that?

Because it's not a basic > run script kiddie shit. And if it was that fucking SEVERE where mine and your machine would be swooped into a botnet like some Decade-old SSH vulnerability or Router vulnerability it would have been patched straight up no questions asked.

Meltdown and Spectre are undetectable. You are making a lot of assumptions.
meltdownattack.com/

If you gave a fuck about security you wouldn't be running microshit or incuck in the first place anyway, so may as well carry on.

Literally nothing will happen faggot, these "exploits" aren't as easy as your tiny brain seems to think so.

I'll stay here unpatched (OS wise), only thing patched / updated was my Firefox.

The flaw lies on the hardware design. Patching shit doesn't fix the problem but it's the least they can do.

>Literally nothing will happen faggot, these "exploits" aren't as easy as your tiny brain seems to think so.
That epic reaction image convinced me. Thanks.

Intel and Google say they have never seen any attacks like Meltdown or Spectre actually being used in the wild. Keep being a dumb nigger and enjoy your slow computer because you're a sheep and cant think for yourself.

I'll be here on my 5ghz 8700k that's running flawlessly.

Win7?

dood...

>Has Meltdown or Spectre been abused in the wild?
>We don't know.

tomshardware.co.uk/meltdown-spectre-exploits-intel-amd-arm-nvidia,news-57627.html
>Researchers have been able to execute a Meltdown exploit only on Intel processors, although ARM has submitted patches to protect itself from the same method of attack. In fact, the attack exploits Intel's out-of-order execution implementation that is present on every Intel processor made since 1995. Researchers discovered Meltdown last year. The exploit is reportedly simple enough that a script kiddie could execute the attack, so a fix is of utmost importance.

t. Moron

You do realize updates can very easily be uninstalled?
>Intel and Google say they have never seen any attacks like Meltdown or Spectre actually being used in the wild.
How about a source? Or are those frogs all the proof anyone could need? While you're at it, how about a source of Meltdown and Spectre not being feasible to use?

Yes, as I said in the OP.
I expected a drop in performance, but not this big for fuck's sake.

Are there any HDD tests?

I hope your next CPU is an AMD

>tomshardware

Get the fuck out of here you dumb nigger, as for Meltdown it is nothing to worry about and also easily patched. Spectre is slightly different. It potentially allows hackers to trick otherwise error-free applications into giving up secret information.

Spectre is also HARD to exploit and not script friendly as you retards seem to think so.

Fuck off you oblivious sheep.

Most of the early tests were on Win10. Win7 is bit older and probably will suffer quite a bit as it deals with kernels more often

tomshardware quoted the research paper idiot. It is not like they came up with the statement themselves.

Spectre is hard to exploit. Meltdown isn't. You not patching makes you vulnerable to the latter but keep thinking you are invulnerable moron.

Kinda like the CPUs it seems. older ones will suffer a lot more than newer ones.

Oh, absolutely. This 2500k is actually my 2nd PC, my main is a 6600k, but I'm just waiting for zen+ to replace it. Can't wait, actually, 4 cores are not enough for me anymore, my demands changed lately, and by thwe way getting kike hardware out of my case is always good.

>Meltdown isn't

Meltdown isn't anything to worry about, you dumb sheep. Only Spectre is which again is nothing to worry about as exploiting is very hard.

Fuck off donkey.

If your main is a 6600k and on windows 10, the hit should be minimal at most. It is 2500k (pre haswell) and it being W7, that is why the results are so drastic.

I also have an HDD in that system, but I didn't bother to test before the update.

>drinks Inlel's kool-aid
>calls other people sheep

>Meltdown isn't anything to worry about
>Researchers say it is
>user on Sup Forums with no source or expertise says otherwise
Hmmm who should I believe :thinking:

>Meltdown is nothing to worry about and easily patched
Not on Inturd. Because Inturd can't be fixed fully due to flaw being on a hardware level. It's just temporary mitigation, not a permanent solution. AMD, however, is absolutely invulnerable and completely impenetrable due to Zen's very architectural structure. Zen is literally flawless, Inturd is literally eternally flawed (until completely new architecture from scratch, which the don't have right now and won't have for quite a few years more).

.T sheep

Yeah, 6600k on win10, but I'm not in a hurry to update anyway, I wanna do some more research first.

Bait

amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution
AMD isn't impenetrable.

>wahhh wahhhh meltdown is so eays to use and exploit
>wahhhh wahhh
>Still no ever sign of it ever being used in the wild

wahhhh wahhhh fuck outta here.

If it is on W10, then you have no choice but to update. W10 doesn't allow you to not install cumulative security updates. It is the spectre v2 fix which is "optional", since that requires a microcode.

I'm sure there will be scripts but at this point the performance loss is so fucking huge that I would rather have an unpatched local privilege escalation than this

>Still no ever sign of it ever being used in the wild
It literally can't happen due to the nature of these exploits. Wouldn't you rather be safe?

If you're on older Windows, expect some slow downs. Especially in the SSD.

If you're on Win10, there's going to be minor slowdown and slight SSD affect.

If you're playing online game, expect slowdowns from server side.

If you're using cloud/vm services, expect some huge slowdowns.

That's what I've gathered so far on the consumer side of things.

It allowed to block updates until 12/02.

V1 is patched.
V2 requires a microcode update.
Immune to V3.

AMD is less vulnerable.

>It literally can't happen due to the nature of these exploits

Thanks for proving my point.

>Wouldn't you rather be safe?

Safe from what? fairy tales and dream up of boris from russia making some super secret FIB NSIA spaceship hacker script? why live a life of tin foils?

>Variant Three
>Rogue Data Cache Load
>Zero AMD vulnerability due to AMD architecture differences.

That's meltdown. We know spectre affects pretty much everything including AMD.

If you block updates, it means you are blocking yourself from ALL future updates. Meaning not only are you vulnerable to Meltdown, in the future if there are future exploits leaked (eg WannaCry), you will be vulnerable to them as well.

>Safe from what? fairy tales and dream up of boris from russia making some super secret FIB NSIA spaceship hacker script? why live a life of tin foils?
Please take this to:

I know, but like I said I just wanna wait a while and see what happens, with w10/skylake, then I'm going to update anyway. AS s a general rule I never install windows updates as soon as they come out, I let someone else be the guinea pig.

Why are you even on Sup Forums if you are so fucking retarded and tech adverse? Even Linux users are patching their systems for Spectre and Meltdown and here you are on Windows (the most exposed OS on the market) screaming about how everything is tinfoil while multiple experts all agree you need to patch.

>in the future if there are future exploits leaked

Won't ever happen, Googles zero team found out the "bugs". If something magically leaks the team would get anally fucked by Intel and massive lawsuits would follow.

All this worrying for nothing, losing performance for nothing.

Yuck.

The update has been out since last Wednesday. Not sure what you are waiting for since all that needs to be benched is already benched with regards to the OS patch. It is only the microcode update that hasn't been benched.

>Even Linux users are patching their systems for Spectre and Meltdown

Retards like yourself and your fellow Word of Warcraft clan members don't count for "all linux users" and neither does Sup Forums count for "all unix users".

Tard.

Future non related exploits retard. You can't selectively patch your system with W10.

>Even Linux users are patching their systems for Spectre and Meltdown
>Retards like yourself and your fellow Word of Warcraft clan members don't count for "all linux users" and neither does Sup Forums count for "all unix users".
So, everyone should be as ignorant as possible about technology on a technology board? Would that make you feel more welcome?

>future le "exploits"

Yeah, retards like yourself with no common sense will end up getting infected because baby didn't update his OS.

>Linux users all opt to patch their systems
>Security experts all tell you to patch
>Big companies all tell you to patch

vs

>Random user on Sup Forums who says don't patch

You are a literal tinfoil moron with 0 evidence about any rubbish you sprout.

.t tard

Post citation of "all linux" users opting to patch.

This has to be bait.

Post citation where Meltdown isn't easy to exploit?

>le it's bait
see
>you will be vulnerable to them

So fucking what? use commonsense and you won't get infected you gigantic fucking retard. You are vulnerable to a lot of things in this world including getting aids.

I asked you to provide proof to your obvious bullshit claims, that's now how it works kiddo.

Don't backpedal, now post citation like i asked ;)

>.t tard
Please have the decency to sage when you're shitposting. Thank you.

Common sense includes keeping your OS up to date you fucking moron. Nothing you said involves common sense because you routinely disregard what experts which 1000s of hours more experience are saying.

Hurrr durrr use common sense
Don't update your OS

.t tardo

>and here you are on Windows (the most exposed OS on the market) screaming about how everything is tinfoil while multiple experts all agree you need to patch.

No proof the thread. DO. NOT. LISTEN. TO. SCHIZOID. MEN.

SP1 and SP2 can't do jack shit to AMD due to SEV. It's literally flawless protection. Even if you don't apply "security" (((patches))) on AMD system, SP1 and SP2 still get completely and utterly cockblocked automatically if they try to attack Zen processor.

I asked you to provide proof to your obvious bullshit claims, that's now how it works kiddo.

Don't backpedal, now post citation like i asked ;)

I asked first tard

>Common sense includes keeping your OS up to date you fucking moron

No it doesen't, i can tell you are one colossal moron who gets infected because his system isn't updated to the fullest and he has multiple anti virus scanners running.

Go buy a mac, retard.

Fascinating.

AMD have admitted they are vulnerable to V1 so I am not sure where you are getting that information from.

.t backpedaling

>still runs slower

Hilarious.

>frogposter in 2XXX

Buy AMD sir! AMD is the best at everything sir!

They did. On a software OS level. Literally 0 risk as it's a fucking external attack which SEV will block the fuck out of immediately if it's ever attempted. SP1 is external attack made from outside, SP2 and Meltdown are internal attacks aimed at VM and ring 0.

>If you're using cloud/vm services, expect some huge slowdowns.
that is my hell right now. literally moved hosts 3 days before this shit hit. gonna be one hell of a year, i'll tell ya

>expose kernel space pagetable to every shitty script running on your PC
>bypasses all software security layers
This is about as bad as a security flaw can get. Also if you think that scriptkiddies will have to figure out how to exploit it the self instead of just using one of the numerous toolkits that will become available in the foreseeable future you're mistaken. If your CPU is affected by meltdown you either use KPTI or you go offline, there isn't really another option.

>when you start pulling shit out your ass after being found out to be talking gibberish

>Post citation of "all linux" users opting to patch.
zdnet.com/google-amp/article/the-linux-vs-meltdown-and-spectre-battle-continues/
theregister.co.uk/AMP/2018/01/09/meltdown_spectre_slowdown/
nextplatform.com/2018/01/08/cost-spectre-meltdown-server-taxes/amp/
datacenterknowledge.com/manage/how-red-hat-dealing-spectre-cpu-meltdown
access.redhat.com/security/vulnerabilities/speculativeexecution

I run linux and haevn't patched
why you talking bullshit?

21st Century Schizoid Mannnnnn

We know it's the same person. Okay, you can shitpost, great. No one is impressed.

>the boogeyman

thought i would chip in since you said we all patched
i sure haven't and won't until something leaks or it ends up being added in script kiddie kits

ps don't talk bullshit

Wow, you meant to tell me that it would be impossible to prove every single person who's using Linux patched their operating system and that you feel special for not doing so?

>>>
>>Linux users all opt to patch their systems
>>ALL

then why talk bullshit and spew such baseless statements?

I can't take Sup Forums seriously after how they responded to this. Just a bunch of fanboys justify their purchases.

You are very confused. You are arguing against me by agreeing with me and everyone else in this thread.

Are you saying that you were taking it seriously before?

other guy was right... you are mentally retarded.

Hopefully it's just one poster on an epic shitposting rampage.

No one cares you fag, go back to Sup Forums.

Who was right?

What it says here is that you should patch.
What it says is that you should patch.
Simple enough for you to understand?

sorry man.. but you just cant fix retard
i'm talking about you btw

>If you're using cloud/vm services, expect some huge slowdowns.
Is that why Google sheets and Google docs run like dogshit? I noticed it yesterday. I had lots of trouble connecting to their servers. I could only stay connected for a few seconds before being kicked and trying to reconnect again.

You've reached an impasse in your shitposting rampage and you're posting whatever now.

i dunno why you are trying to prove yourself to me
but i already made my mind up about you.. and i officially declare you retarded.

You can do better than that, come on. At least make an entertaining pasta. Everyone can write the word retard 50 times. I'll check it out, but please sage.

There are already exploits freely available, e.g. on github.

Inform yourself, then use common sense.

The problem of being fast?

These are post-bench. These are my C and E drives. They are ADATA SU800/900 drives. My results are like, literally the same as they were pre-patch. In fact these results are nearly what they say they should be on the package. So whats the issue here? I think your drives are just shit.