Why no open source community project alternative to twitch?

Why no open source community project alternative to twitch?

I call on Sup Forums to come together and build a foss alternative to twitch. Together we'll bully amazon and twitch out of the market and make twitch great again!

Whos in?

Made a meme Github: github.com/thegonky/gonk/

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/thegonky/gonk/issues/1
matrix.org/vrdemo/#/room/#vrvc_zesty-fieldmouse:conf.matrix.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hey! i started this idea!

gonk forever!

hail gonk!

I'll logo the make.

i'll make the logo!

Why would you want any alternative to twitch?

It's complete cancer made up of newfags who got bullied out of Sup Forums in 2012

github.com/thegonky/gonk/issues/1

Care to contribute?

to make a place for newfags who will be bullied from Sup Forums in 2017-18

What happened to Sup Forumsternet?

because the bandwidth is too expensive for anything but a huge company like google.

This, and the donation mechanism requires accountants and lawyers and stuff

p2p then?

that died a meme and so will this

Remember Tox?
No?? Neither do.

This is a dumb idea.

It is never a dumb idea to work on a meme project that everyone will forget after 5 days. What good are you gonna do in your life anyway?

Remember C:\>bots.chat?

That was originally my idea I posted on Sup Forums and told somebody to make it. It happened!

I know this a meme but if anyone in this thread actually thinks this is possible i'm just here to tell you it's not possible.

I'd rather we work on that waifu bot

get a real human partner

of course it is not possible, but what wrong it does to spend your time discussing about something in theory instead of fapping to hentai and traps?

but humans suck. a freedom respecting bot would do what i want without beating it daily.

The Twitch website is bloated hot garbage that recently "upgraded" and broke FrankerFaceZ, the userscript that actually made it tolerable. The FFZ devs now have to rewrite it from scratch.

Now Twitch adds more bloat with extensions overlayed on stream and doesn't have feature parity with the mobile app.

The Twitch API is also trash and delays notifications of online activity by 5 minutes, making it almost useless.

If you're willing to give up emotes, badges, and some other things, streamlink + irc works well enough.

To start our own streaming service wouldn't be too hard if we keep it simple stupid.

We need a nginx server that can rtmp.

>We need a nginx server
No we don't.

Start using H20

whats H20?

Twitch is basically people watching other people play video games, right?

If anybody actually wants to make something like this, perhaps build it on Matrix. Might be a bit early to start that work now though. Currently, group video rooms are done with using Jitsi as a widget in Riot.im, but I know they are working on integrating it directly into the protocol.

You can do a ton of cool stuff with Matrix, check out the VR demo: matrix.org/vrdemo/#/room/#vrvc_zesty-fieldmouse:conf.matrix.org

*i am not a matrix dev*
but it is my favorite open source project at the moment