Sun goes down

>sun goes down
>monitor turns piss yellow

feels comfy with candlelight

Good for your eyes though
Is f.lux still the best program to do this on Linux?

Linux is just a kernel. Use GNU/Linux.
Flux is disgusting proprietary. Install redshift.

redshift a best

>tfw redshift with longitude and latitude manually set

Linux is an operating system onto itself. GNU just adds bloat

If your blue light filter isn’t worthless it should be gradual enough that you don’t notice it.

It's not "good for your eyes" you idiot stop spreading this meme
It's good for not disrupting your sleep cycle, that's all

It’s good for your eyes too, less strain

Oh yeah I forgot I sleep with my fucking eyes open and UV Catastrophe levels of light intensity on them you fucking spastic.

Eye strain is a meme

>not using this

lmao I disabled it after months of use and my sleep is still the same
top meme desu

>using this

>It's good for not disrupting your sleep cycle, that's all
Except it does fuck all at fixing my sleep cycle, and I still fucking have it on.

Same here. Total placebo meme.

tell that to my visible capillaries

why the fuck is it so insufferable, let me choose a brightness and keep it on that brightness, stop changing shit automatically.

>mfw no eyestrain because my monitors are tuned to look as good as possible at 40% brightness 24/7.

I just use these. They are bretty decent

>mfw 1am and redshift glitches and turns off for a moment

>use sPVA monitor with CCFL backlight for 8 years, never felt eye-strain
>"upgrade" to IPS, LED backlit, have keep reducing brightness yet it still feels like it's burning my eyes.
It's not the PWM flicker, I've "calibrated" it by comparing it to a print magazine so the colors are good, but the god damn thing just looks too bright.

Just use display fusion
Shift Ctrl F dims my monitors to 25% brightness

>It's not the PWM flicker, I've "calibrated" it
what has the flicker to do with calibration?

Those are two separate statements separated with a comma

how do you know it's not the flicker?

It has to be noticeably red-tinted for it to have an effect, along with being lower brightness.

The "goal" is to mimic a very low sun -- brightness plays a part, along with the red shift in color.

Are there monitors with that setting (changing temperature based on time of day) built-in so there's no need for third party software?

Because I read up reviews online before buying it, it's supposed to flicker only below 20% brightness and do so at a very, very high frequency (almost 9kHz).
Maybe it has something to do with the type of back light it uses, it doesn't use blue LEDs with yellow phosphorous, but rather blue and green LEDs with a red coating.
It weird on photos, but normal irl.

sounds like the contrast might be way higher than on your old display.
also, if it's higher resolution you might need to scale up shit since that could also strain your eyes

Same size and resolution, the contrast should be lower if anything due to the worse black levels compared to sPVA.

">sun goes down" is a thread unto itself.
(You) just add stupid.

>a kernel is an operating system unto itself

>sun goes down
>monitor and all lights in the house turn piss yellow in unison

I don't need to install meme programs because I have tactical-grade gaming glasses