How are property prices in Finland so low?

How are property prices in Finland so low?

What other non-shit-tier countries have decent property prices?

Other urls found in this thread:

asunnot.oikotie.fi/myytavat-asunnot?utm_source=oikotie&utm_medium=navilinkki&utm_campaign=etusivu
asunnot.oikotie.fi/myytavat-asunnot?cardType=100&locations=["helsinki"]&roomCount[]=1&roomCount[]=2&buildingType[]=1&buildingType[]=256&pagination=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy shit. Finland housing is cheaper than Portugal.
Oh i am so moving there

cheap ones are located in bönde. you can buy entire commieblocks from bönde with little money.

that one from helsinki is probably ones which will have huge renovations costs in the near future.

Because you have to learn Finnish to get by in Finland
and Finnish is a stupid language.

asunnot.oikotie.fi/myytavat-asunnot?utm_source=oikotie&utm_medium=navilinkki&utm_campaign=etusivu

Those all apartments around 25k are from shitty towns no one wants to live in and their population is decreasing fast af. Imatra is a shithole near russian border, Kouvola is depressing and never been to Kotka but I imagine it's as depressing as Kouvola. Most apartments in my hometown cost over 120k.

What is your hometown?

How the fuck do so many Finns have one home to live in and one home to holiday in in the summer?

not to mention most of those apartments probably need renovation or are awaiting for piping repairs.

>Over 120 k
Is that supossed to be expensive?

Usually summer homes are owned by families or inherited, for example our summer house is owned by my grandparents and my mother's siblings and their children use it too since our family is very close.

>tfw could've bought a 25k apartment in Kotka if hadn't rented my flat for this whole time

And I live in Jyväskylä in Central Finland.

I don't know if this link works, but here are 1-2 room apartments from Helsinki.

asunnot.oikotie.fi/myytavat-asunnot?cardType=100&locations=["helsinki"]&roomCount[]=1&roomCount[]=2&buildingType[]=1&buildingType[]=256&pagination=1

>What other non-shit-tier countries have decent property prices?

Germany.

Expensive.

$1,000,000 average Sydney house price.

$25k seems unreal even if its in a shit hole. Your still looking at $300,000 to live with abos in a shit hole here.

>Those all apartments around 25k are from shitty towns no one wants to live in and their population is decreasing fast af.
Hm... I wonder where all those africans are going to migrate to when they start using the internet to see just how shitty their shithole is.

Well, 120k > 25k and it's proportional, don't even get me started on prices in Helsinki compared to the rest of Funland

How come Australia has such bad house prices considering the land mass?

Is it because only certain regions are habitable / desirable?

there are no "shit holes" in finland. he's just used to living in a big city, so all towns are automatically shitty for him. small cities/towns can be almost 100% white too (if you count finns as white)

they usually aren't really "homes" they're summer cottages
it wouldn't be very comfortable or even possible in living them all year round

I have lived most of my life in bönde so trust me I know what shit holes are like. Best part about smaller towns is that there are little or no n***ers at all.

>How are property prices in Finland so low?

Finns pay back their mortgages in 15-20 years. Helsinki is not cheap at least for me who is born and lives there.

Those 25k apartments are in places nobody wants to live anymore (factories closed, people moved away, etc).

>What other non-shit-tier countries have decent property prices?

Berlin is about 60% from Helsinki prices.

Why wouldn't it be possible? Because it's isolated?

I'd love to live in pic related for the rest of my life as long as rent was low. If I had parents who owned such a place I would become NEET and live there forever.

curious about this, too.
no real need to preserve green belt etc that we have. although I imagine you still get more for your money there than here.

Many of those are actually isolated, but most of those does have only outhouses and not all have electricity.

They are really primitive.

Isolation yes, and most of them don't have running water or indoor toilets since most summer houses were built before the 70s. We Finns appreciate simplicity when it comes to summer houses. That's why they're usually cheap as well, unless they're by the lake because those are the most expensive ones.

>unless they're by the lake

I think most of them are (or bybthe sea)

I've been to many summer houses that don't have access to a lake or the sea. Those should be just burned to the ground 2bh

I read one of Knausgaards books recently which is set in Norway and he talks about his family's cabin having no water etc. But it still seems comfy. He spent a lot of time writing in one. Scandinavia seems like such a laid-back society, it doesn't seem as competitive and ruthless as Britain.