MacBook Pro

So guys and girls I got a brand new MacBook Pro with TouchBar yesterday. 15", 3.1Ghz, 1TB SSD. Very powerful machine.

I fucking hate it. Just boxed it up and it is going back to Apple. How the fuck can Apple sell a "pro" machine with a fucking BlackBerry keyboard? Also macOS High Sierra is just crap. Resizing windows is juddery, it has no options for auto sizing windows, etc. it isn't awful but it is pretty fucking crap.

So yeah I bought a Mac and returned it all within 24 hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

spectacleapp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So yeah I bought a Mac and returned it all within 24 hours.
Nice b8 factor, want a gold star?

fucking lmao at that pic
dogs are the funniest pals

lmao OP BTFO :^):^):^)

not b8 m8

was delivered yesterday

>it has no options for auto sizing windows
spectacleapp.com/

>underclocked ULV Intel-Aviv "30% Performance decrease" CPU
>powerful

>OS is shit but it's OK because there's an app for that
This is exactly why GNOME sucks

>girls

>BlackBerry keyboard
hey fuck you my passport has a better keyboard than that mess

OP, why did you purchase a MacBook Pro in the first place?

>Resizing windows is juddery, it has no options for auto sizing windows, etc

Magnet from the app store

Don't tell me you thought all that Apple shilling was for real.

Should be baked in by default

Yeah it kinda sucks ass. Using a new 2017 one myself for iOS development. Battery life is great when you don't use it to surf the Internet, Xcode is very fast and light but as an IDE it ranges from "sometimes decent" (like the layout debug thingy) to terribad (like pretty much everything else).
Aside from these, common performance hiccups, useless notifications, omnipresent Siri, "touchbar", shitty keyboard, absolutely generic trackpad, no ports, unimpressive display (which is supposedly like half of its price), heat enough to fry eggs when put under somewhat heavy load, and the usual thing about MacOS being GUI mess not designed for people to be efficient. High Sierra got the "lock" feature, so that's nice.

That being said, is right. Buying MacBook Pro without a solid reason kind of autistic. Macs are either for people who "have" to use Macs for some specific reason (like me currently), for people who simply like MacOS or at least have an Apple ecosystem, or for people who don't need basically anything from their OS and are fine with it being an overpriced Facebook machine. Somewhat luxurious, I'll give it that.

>not just using ganoo lunix with a tiling window manager or whatever suits you
>using external app dirty hacks for it

Most people don't want it. Only ex Windows 10 users want it.

I finished up my college degree a while ago and a classmate went from Apple fanboy to Apple hater within less than a 2 year span
>In networking/security class
>Simulating server forests using virtual machines
>3 VM's required to really be useful, minimum 2.
>I have a W520 I bought forever ago that I maxed out as time went on
>I7-2630qm, 32GB ddr3, etc. The works, $650 out of pocket over the course of 4 years.
>He has a brand new MacBook pro.
>Spent like $5k for the maxed out or damn near model
>I'm cruising along fine with my VMs, have several FF tabs open while I wait for the professor to move on
>His laptop kept falling on it's face every time he tried to execute a new order in his one (and only) VM because the CPU was throttling as soon as he passed the 50% usage mark
>3 months of this and the laptop burnt out, went to Apple, full replacement
>Over the course of the next 3 semesters, he went through 4 new MacBook pros all because they kept cooking themselves.
>He finally breaks down after the 5th dies and just sells the new 6th one for $4.2k new in the box to some guy on eBay.
>After asking my advice he went out and got a top end Dell Precision with mobile Xeon, dedicated Nvidia Quadro, 32GB ram ddr4
>He can't believe the difference and says the only thing he misses was the screen from the apple.

Apple. Not even once. Although he still has an iPhone because of how deeply entrenched in iCloud and iTunes he is.

Kek
A variation I haven't seen yet.

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

>So yeah I bought a Mac and returned it all within 24 hours.
Maybe your problem was that you didn't even give it more than 24 fucking hours of use.
You should've at least walked into an Apple store to try one out before blindly spending thousands on it. This is your fault entirely.