Can you self teach yourself a better CS education than MIT niggers?

can you self teach yourself a better CS education than MIT niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kNzNeqet
youtu.be/K-Zd6-xfaIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off

Yes, you can.
You will be told that self-learning is a meme because you will never learn things by yourself that you would learn in a professional education, which is true. You've got the freedom to bypass the bullshit.
Literally everything is available online. The only use that professional education has is that paper that you're going to receive after sucking their dicks for 4 years.

If your performance is shit after self learning that means that you're just shit at doing things by yourself, such as seeing and correcting your mistakes and the motivation to undertake difficult projects or subjects. Some people just simply prefer to be forcibly face fucked in order to like being face fucked.

Fuck off

MIT is bottom of the barrell. I have firsthand experience with them - seriously people that go there are fucking dumb. Its not hard to be smarter than anyone there

I won't. What you gonna do huh, tough guy?

Tell you to fuck off

Hahahahah
You're pathetic

They themselves don't even use SICP anymore.
CRLS is inferior to TAOCP.
And so on.
Is CS at MIT hard? Without a doubt. But can you end up with an equivalent, or even better education? Absolutely yes.

Fuck off

spbp

Terry Davis is living proof that it's possible.

But he went to University

yes you can, college is a scam
>finish cs degree
>go to find an entry level developer job
>you need 2+ years of experience and need to be fluent in random technologies you learned nothing about during your education

From his bio:
In an elementary school gifted program, he started using an Apple II; in the early 1980s, he learned assembly language on a Commodore 64, then continued programming throughout high school. Then he enrolled at Arizona State University, where he earned his bachelor's degree, then a master's in electrical engineering in 1994.

After graduation he stayed in Tempe, Arizona, partly because he had a job. As an undergrad he'd been hired at Ticketmaster to program operating systems. He liked the work, but when the company shifted him to research projects that never seemed to pan out, he decided it was time to look elsewhere. He was 26, had a master's degree, and he wanted to use that knowledge to build satellite control systems. In early 1996 he sent out some resumes to defense contractors.

I guess it is then when schizophrenia took his mind completely.

Yes.

You know, nobody forbids you to learn meme javascript frameworks during colleague.

True, but not to MIT.

Those random technologies will be outdated anyway after 2-3 years.
A non-meme CS degree is supposed to teach you principles that are timeless.

But he didn't teach himself, professors from UoA did.

I used to think you can, but no

But you can. Whether you actually achieve it or not is another story.
What makes you think otherwise?

Easily. Just go through this:
pastebin.com/kNzNeqet

>mad he fell for the high tuition + student debt meme

CS undergrads is pretty weak on math or programming even on CS.

Some real analisys algebra graph theory plus average CS books.

Programming is a very small part of a good CS program, but math is not. Programming is very easy for people who understand theoretical aspects of computing and should not be an integral part of a serious program.

t. studied CS at ETH, only had one programming class

>defense contractors
The CIA niggers got to him.

ETH is more pure CS than American Elite School, America undergrade want produce software engineer.

American B.S C.S don't learn real analysis or abstract algebra plus had very limited discrete math.

Fuck off

Terry A. Davis received a better one at Arizona State University

>tfw all of that shit and then some is in my informatics major
Years ago, you fags said math in CS majors is easy as fuck.
Now I'm stuck in linear algebra where we went from vectos to fucking polylinear bullshits in a month.

>Learn professionalism, business, and proper conduct in the office involving women
stopped reading right here

ETH is fucking dope, probably the best CS curriculum in Europe.
t. Italianfag doing a PhD at ETH.

The problem is that CS programs are usually a meme.
But in the rare occasions when they are done right, they are no less challenging than EE, ME or Math.
CS has IMHO two glaring issues:
>it has the wrong name: the word "computer" attracts autists
>being relatively new, programs are not as standardized
Solve these, and no one will make fun of CS degrees again.

>complaining about linear algebra

top brainlet

But the next line is the really important one....

>youtu.be/K-Zd6-xfaIs
Fuck off