Well Sup Forums, have you made the decision to dump the mouse to exclusively use the keyboard for everything?

Well Sup Forums, have you made the decision to dump the mouse to exclusively use the keyboard for everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

asktog.com/SunWorldColumns/S02KeyboardVMouse3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

depends
is using a trackpoint cheating?

tempted to
literally every mouse i've owned starts to double-click on single click in less than six months of use

Why would you dump the mouse for the keyboard when you can get a trackball?

Stop buying cheap chinese products

aren't they all made in china?

I've been slowly but steadily trying to get rid of the mouse altogether. It's nice to have uniformity between i3wm, vim, qutebrowser etc.. Might also be interesting to see if controlling the mouse via keybinds would be viable for those rare situations where I need it.

Being able to have the keyboard centered and not having to move my hands too much is pretty comfortable.

No, because i'm not fucking retard.

I have for evertying except gaming and its glorious

no although i use i3 which reduced mouse usage a lot
i still use it for gooey programs like web browser and shit of course and dont see a reason to get rid of it for those purposes

idk how to select, copy and paste text w/o the mouse in my terminal. so no. : - )

Now draw a logo and fix that thing in photoshop without mouse.

Buy expensive chinese products instead of cheap ones.

In gnu screen

You use ctr-a to start the command sequence. Then press esc and your cursor will move in any direction. Press enter to start text selection, move to end point, press enter again. That will copy to buffer.

Then ctr-a and then } will paste

What are some quality-of-life keyboard shortcuts I should be using regularly to ween myself off the corded jew?

hmmm, im not always in a screen session but that will be helpful when i am. thanks.

Yes
You must use tab to navigate

well shit

>hmmm, im not always in a screen session

Why?
What happens when you lose connection to your server?
Do you keep 10 terminal windows opened to run 10 different scripts?

>can't click and drag multiple files quickly
>can't select files from different orders
Shit system m8.

>Mouseless Browsing doesn't work in Quantum
Fuck blind and paralysed people, am I right Mozilla?

I've wound out that contact cleaners work fucking wonders. Just hold the microswitch down with a toothpick and flood it with the spray shit and work the switch a little bit.
Fixed 3 of my double clicking mice. One was bouncing so hard It would actually register 5-7 right clicks in a quick succession. It was infuriating.

the worst thing is that they've broken literally every single one of the keybind addons that were so popular.

Thank fuck i'm on 56, all i see is constant complaints about various Quantum bugs and shit, yet i've personally experienced no performance improvement when testing it in VM against 56 and I prefer having all my old features. Every day is a new reason not to downgrade to Quantum but simply wait off till shit breaks on my 56 and then move onto a different browser.

I don't see the reason to "dump the mouse". It's just one more tool in my arsenal. If it's not the most effective tool, I won't use it.

Leaving your mouse plugged in and available but never using it doesn't cost you anything, so why not leave it as an option? When doing artistic work (tweaking images, for instance) it can be a lot more effective than the keyboard.

alt-left

This.
asktog.com/SunWorldColumns/S02KeyboardVMouse3.html

the expensive products are the ones who have a chinese-speaking american on salary to visit the factory in china every two weeks and shout his ass off to keep them following the contract, instead of secretly switching to a cheaper shittier material or lower-cost manufacturing methods and pocketing the cash difference

why would i purposely inconvenience myself by limiting my options?

i dumped the keyboard and exclusively use the mouse for everything. i use lua scripts for emulating chorded keyboard behaviour using mouse buttons.

No, that's retarded. Both the keyboard and mouse have a purpose. The mouse especially useful when you only have one hand available.