I built a new pc two months ago but I got on board audio issues popping crackling etc So I bought myself a external...

I built a new pc two months ago but I got on board audio issues popping crackling etc So I bought myself a external sound card as I had a itx system at that point. Everything worked fine for 2 days then I started to get static interference when using it. So I thought it was the Asus Z370i Board I was using so I got a new case and motherboard (Msi z370 gaming pro carbon). Everything was fine again for 2 days then it came back once again. The static and the pops and crackles I thought it was the power supply so I bought a overkill 1200 watt EVGA supernova P2 but the static came back in 6 hours. It had gotten less violent through my changes before it used to be constant static now its for a few seconds at a time.

Stuff I have tried -

Minimum process state 100% Uninstall all audio drivers apart from the soundcards Tried the sound card on my mums computer no issues Moved my setup into another room Change the power outlet to a different one Turned off or unplug all my peripherals Moved my phone out of my room Got a new PSU, Case , Motherboard, Sound card and new powerplugs Moved the sound card away from everything Got rid of any overclocks (Ram, Cpu and GPU) Disabled all audio outputs I am not using

If anyone can help me fix this I will happily buy them a game on steam around £15 as I have been trying to fix this issue for two months.

Processor » Intel i5 8600k 5 GHZ (1.27v) CPU Cooler » Noctua U9S Motherboard » MSI Z370 Pro Gaming Carbon Ram »Team Group Night Hawk 3000 MHZ 16GB DDR4 Graphics Card » Zotac 1080ti Mini 11GB SSD » Samsung 960 EVO 250GB // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Fans » 2x Noctua NF-A14 // 1x Noctua NF-F12 Power Supply » EVGA SuperNova P2 1200W Case » Fractal Design Define C TG OS » Windows 10 Home 64bit Monitor » Asus PB287Q Mouse » Logitech G403 Keyboard » Unicomp Model M Headphones » Audio Technica M50x Microphone » Audio-Technica AT2020USB Calculator » Ducky Pocket

not you're blog fagot

I just want to fix my pc

go to playback devices, right click headphones, disable all effects etc. and set the sample rate to lowest you can and if something happens set it the highest it can get.

This might be a bit silly, but have you tried other headphones?
Did you try if it happens with speakers?
When you changed your mobos, did you do a clean win10 install?

To follow up, what are your current thermals for the CPU?
When the CPU throttles, it might do that weird shit with the audio and weird stuttering in games

Already at the lowest and I have tried other headphones. Tested my headphones on other devices. Yup clean install onto my nvme ssd

75c during stress tests. 55 to 65c during gaming no thermal issues on my gpu or cpu

shoot it and buy an alienware because your tiny brain deserves it

Hahaha Tiny Brain. So if you are so clever whats the fix for my issue

set it highest it can get 24bit/192khz and disable application control for the device and the other setting below it aswell

>popping crackling
it might be the speakers or cable that connects them

Thats what I thought but my M50x came with 6 spare cables and they already have the same issue

Could be an external interference source?
Try a linux live CD just to eliminate software as a cause.

if you use msi afterburner turn off the monitoring, there is a problem with the current nvidia driver which causes crackling

I would but I use it to undervolt my 1080ti so I cant disable it. When the static comes back ill disable it then

u can use it, you just need to turn off monitoring of hardware in the settings, I dont know which is the exact one causing it anymore

Can you please screenshot where it is in msi afterburner

there is tab called monitoring if you would care to read ;), double click the parts there to disable the monitoring of them

Just found it and disabled all of them. I use Hwinfo64 for monitoring anyway

tell me if it worked for you, it was a real pain for me to find out why my audio crackled too and this solved it

Nothing for the past 2 hours I lowered my audio quality to cd aswell so Ill keep this thread posted on what happens if its still up