What do (You) do with GPUs you don't use anymore?

The same thing I do with all technology I don't use: trash it after smashing it into pieces so some poorfag won't be able to use it

They sit around in a container because they're too old to use for mining. 10+ year old cards or ones from the late 90's.

Combo crypto miner/space heater

Donate to the local surplus electronics shop they usually give me a store credit, I donated an HD5850 Radeon 1gb and they gave me a whole IBM T60 Thinkpad I've been teaching myself Linux on

Reduce, reuse, recycle, save the planet and recycle your old electronics someone else may need them

t. guy who bought 5x 2tb drives from the same place for 15 bucks a pop

15 bucks? I would like to live there

>15 bucks a pop
lucky bastard

How energy efficient are GPU's at converting electricity into heat when compared with your average space heater?

As was done for me in years past, I pass mine down to the less fortunate PC users I know.

Fuck em in the pussy.

I make em into a sport coat

Save it to use for some esoteric bullshit I think I'll eventually use it for but will eventually sell for drinking money.

>t. guy who bought 5x 2tb drives from the same place for 15 bucks a pop
jelly

I sell my old cards. Usually get some decent money.

They're sitting on a shelf. I should probably sell them.

How much could I get for a nearly 4 and a half year old GTX 770 2gb

This. If you don't do this you are just asking to ruin the economy.

Put them in a closet somewhere and forget about them. Occasionally i drop them in a friend or family members PC if they need one.

Give them to my 2 only and best friends.

Save them -- they're worth more to me for nostalgia and for sticking in shitty PCs for family members than the $20-40 I'd make from them on ebay.

>nearly 4 and a half year old GTX 770 2gb
There isn't much of a point in keeping a gpu more than 2 years. And they still have around half their value at that point.

Give them to friends or sale them. No point in taking up space just so I can hoard shit.

by the time i retire any of my hardware it's virtually worthless, so i either stash it away somewhere to be forgotten or throw it away.

What's a water-block equipped GTX 1080 going to be worth in another 4 years? Probably nothing, so it'll likely end up in my home theater PC.

You could still play low end games on it, or stick it in a PC for someone who wants a low end gaming PC for less money than comparable new parts would cost.

I got a Thinkpad T430 with 12 Gigs of ram / i5 processor for $150. I dual booted it with xubuntu and windows 7 pro. Now in unix I have a virtual phone with android studio, another virtual windows machine and debian machine, and in actual windows I have games and Unity.

I put it in that box

I donate them to to an orphanage.

Worth more than $100? Sell it.
Otherwise they go to family or I recycle them.

The guys at the electronics recycling place let me dig through their stuff sometimes too.

Found a nice CRT monitor that way.

More outputs for my monitors!

that sounds pretty dope.

Is big-nose sempai behind this posuto?

house decorations for my cyberpunk theme

Jesus, I want that preset

You should at least keep one around for troubleshooting, or in case your current GPU stops functioning and your CPU doesn't have an iGPU.

Donate to friends, give to surplus tech places, or sell them. If something's fried or just ancient and faulty, it goes to e-waste recycling.

Sell em on.

Sell or trash. I hung an old micro atx board on my wall because its kewl lookong

This.