I just installed Antergos, first time I've ever really gotten into Linux. I really feel like a computer hobbyist again...

I just installed Antergos, first time I've ever really gotten into Linux. I really feel like a computer hobbyist again, like the old days with Windows NT and DOS. The OS is just so much fun to learn, and do all the interesting customizations and cool tricks. Thank you for pushing me onto linux, Sup Forums.

What recommendations do you have for a semi n00b for free (beer or libre) and specifically an IRC chat client?

What's with all the antergos shilling lately?
I mean it's an alright distro but suddenly everyone's talking about it out of nowhere and it's a little weird

that's kind of why I installed it. I wanted to try Arch, but I'm lazy and dumb.

Hexchat if you want a GUI, irssi for terminal.

install gentoo.

install penis.deb

this

I've been only using Antergos for almost a year now. I love it, and I love using Gnome as the DE.

What music player is that? Looks really nice

Clementine. Best looking and most usable music player I've found on Linux.

Isn't antergos just arch for babies?

more or less

pic unrelated

desktops

I love antergos too. I'm thinking of replacing my Ubuntu install with it

You should try it then! I have a gtx980, and that was a massive bitch to get working, but I think that will be true of any distro.

I should. I have a lot of installed programs and things though and I need to go through and back the configurations for those up before. It's a process, that's for sure

I still prefer MusicBee under Wine.

i give you 2 weeks before it breaks
arch is shit

What do you recommend as an alternative? I'm not really.invested in antergos yet.

Debian is always a safe bet, you can grab the testing or unstable branches if you don't want the outdated packages
That said, don't just change because one guy told you to on a Chinese cartoon forum, give it a few weeks first and see if Arch is right for you, it does have its upsides, like the AUR
>t. one other guy on a Chinese cartoon forum

manjaro