How the fuck do all these computer manufacturers get away with charging $1k and upwards on these shitty fucking thin...

How the fuck do all these computer manufacturers get away with charging $1k and upwards on these shitty fucking thin laptops when 99% of them choke on fucking Minecraft at full settings? For $1k these fuckers should have a fucking 1070 GPU at the LEAST.

They're only trying to make them as thin as possible because they want to be a MacBook Air. And you don't really need a brand new laptop to play Minecraft. Even the newer versions run fine on my nearly decade-old EliteBook, although it generates quite a lot of heat in the process.

Corporate machines never see more than MS office, a web browser, VPN, virtual desktop client and huge PDF files. The manufacturers DGAF about gay men performance.

The point is that the performance should be much better than it is for the prices they're charging

These ultrabooks are consumer-grade laptops dummy not professional ones. Professionals use ThinkPad.

You pay mostly for the form factor and the modern Intel tax (due to their complete laptop monopoly). A hybrid GPU will add on about 400 on average.

The dual core but low voltage i7's also throttle way too low for base clocks.

Wrong, professionals use dell latitudes

Nobody needs a hot and power hungry part in a portable machine

>m-muh gayman
That is not the purpose of those ultraportable laptops you autistic fuck. You only run office suite, browser, text editor and lightweight software, you ssh into company servers if you need extra power. Go buy dedicated gayman laptops if you are concerned about performance.

the target audience wants a well designed, small and light device that just always werks when you open it up

they dont need it to run anything heavier than a couple spreadsheets

>calls me autistic
>spends over $1k on a laptop to do stuff a fucking $200 chromebook can do

lulz

>muh gaymes
Fuck off back to Sup Forums manchild

I have one. They have near objectively the best laptop display on the market. 4k monitors with equal color accuracy cost as much as the laptop ALONE. So to me, their value is in the right place

Literally everyone plays games these days. You are the weird one for not playing video games at all

>this is what manchildren actually believe

Because I have no need for a gpu that would sip away power and make it heavier.
I want a thin, lightweight device that I can carry and use for hours without worrying about a charger.
If you can't afford it, nor have any interest in it, simply don't buy it instead of sperging in a Cantonese rare wine discussion forum.

Dell ultrabooks are targeted at developers, not gamers.
1. Premium Size. You could buy a $500 desktop PC and smoke any mobile phone or laptop that are worth $500.
Same concept, you can get a more compact laptop but size comes at a premium.
2. Premium Resolution. Dell XPS 13 specifically has a 13.3 inch, 3200 x 1800 IPS panel. Approximately 276 PPI. Even though screen is 13in it will fit in an 11in case because the bezel is so thin.

You can get some massive laptop with TN panel, 96 PPI, and power hungry discrete card, but it's not what developers want it's what an average gamer wants.

Yes sure, a lot of people play games.
But they use a fucking desktop and not an ultrabook to do it.

>why are machines that are expensive to produce because you're miniaturizing parts that are usually x10 as big expensive?

>implying i have one
Reading comprehension of a true brainlet, as expected from a Sup Forumsirgin.

>tfw using a 1500€ ultrabook right now
AMA

>99% of them choke on fucking Minecraft at full settings?

Because Minecraft is one of the very best examples of totally shitty programming that's ever been seen in the history of computer software, that's why.

And all these laptops have shitty heatsinks.

That is why Pentium >> Core i7

When are they going to release a Raven ridge XPS?

It's true. All of it.

You don't need a laptop to play board games.

Since when is a thousand bucks serious money for a work tool?

Wrong, professionals use macbooks.

nice try iToddler

Everything chokes on Minecraft because it's poorly coded. That said, laptops really aren't that expensive and they're a poor form factor for gaming. You would be much better off building a desktop for that task. Do you really need to be able to play games on-the-go? If so, stop whining and save up your shekels for that ROG, boi.

(You)

stop

No u

>Muh gay men
Have you considered that a portable computer shouldn't be an 8 pound inferno with a 2 hour battery life? The companies are allocating the budget to things that matter such as the screen, touchpad, and build quality instead of useless GPUs.

lol you made me fart and laugh