I recently grabbed a 4k torrent to try out on my 1440p monitor and the video is lagging a lot...

I recently grabbed a 4k torrent to try out on my 1440p monitor and the video is lagging a lot. I have a 1070 gpu shouldnt that be enough to run 4k video? im also running it on mpc-be with madvr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Als226cE1lk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CPU is also a factor

i have a 6700k

What CPU?

works fine on my i5 2500k igpu and GNU/Linux

Try MPV or VLC

your video player probably just isnt configured properly for hardware acceleration.

Your 1070 has no issue decoding HEVC 8k, let alone 4k.

i followed these madvr settings

youtube.com/watch?v=Als226cE1lk

1070 is plenty. You have a misconfiguration somewhere.

try changing the settings of your player. I have 1060 can I can play a 2160p 400mbps file

I dont give a fuck what you tried, try VLC or MPV or fuck off out of the thread.

mpv works a lot better thanks

If you have the latest windows 10 fall update you should have GPU monitoring in the task manager.

When attempting to play back the file it should show corresponding GPU usage for the video decode and GPU memory use.

If the GPU isn't being used, then your player is probably attempting to do CPU decoding, and depending on the CPU and bitrate of the file, your CPU can't handle it.

gpu at 100%

What file are you trying to playback?

Bitrate? HEVC? 8bit or 10bit? etc

My GTX 960 has no issue with this 60Mb/s 4k HEVC 10-bit HDR copy of Kimi no na wa.

lower your madvr settings

>mfw watching high bitrate 4k blacked videos on my new 60inches 4k tv

you guys dont know what you are missing on

Dredd.2012.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos-EPSiLON

That tells me nothing

Good job ignoring the literal only important thing I asked.

BITRATE

Well according to another remux release, the bitrate is around 70.6 Mbps

So most likely means your MadVR settings are cranked too high for 4k content.

looks like 8bit

sorry im a retard when it comes to this shit

it's bt.2020, so it's 10-bit just as a matter of course (all HDR content MUST be at least 10-bit)

But yeah, my assumption is your MadVR settings are simply tuned for 720/1080p source content. When you throw it 4k source you're providing it with 4-10x as much data as it was tuned for. And your system simply can't handle that level of demand.

I'd turn off madVR for 4k content, or lower the settings significantly.

oh ok thanks, are the default mpc settings fine for 4k?

No idea what the defaults are.

I use MPV and MPC-HC

MPC-HC I use SVP with
MPV I use standalone.