After several years starting with XP and now Windows 10:

After several years starting with XP and now Windows 10:
> svchost.exe high cpu
is still a problem because of updates. Please don't call me a newfag or equivalent, because I don't use windows, I'm working on a friend's PC with the problem. Windows 10 sucks ass, but I thought they would have dealt with this by now.

newfag and equivalent

>I thought they would have dealt with this by now.
I told myself this for a year before I installed Gentoo. Don't fight the feeling. Windows 10 will NEVER be fixed they will just slowly make it worse and worse. Then charge you for it yearly. Screencap this. Win 7 is the last True Windows.

I don't use Windows you normsters. Now help me deal with this.

Delete System32

>Win 7 is the last True Windows
For me it's XP, or '98 for DOS games.

Just tell your freind that this is all part of the normal windows experience. Because it is. I could tell you how to fix it but then I will have to invoice you because you called me a normster, and normsters don't fix shit for free. Even if you did fix it your freind will just call you in two weeks time when it fucks up again. Crippling updates hogging all resources and corrupted update files are a feature of windows 10, not a bug. Enjoy the future of Microsoft computing, you paid for it.
>t. normie IT guy

>you paid for it.
I paid nothing. Send me an invoice if you dare. I won't pay. Updates searches through every last update that's been done and compares it with available updates which builds an exponentially increasing lop of sh*t to find out which updates are finally needed. Though in reality, none ever are.
BTW all I.T. techs are normsters by default and definition

go c/windows
delete folder named softwaredistribution
Wait
no need to thank me
I know I am a normie I am the supreme norm much more normal than any other normie. I'm so normie normal people stay away from me. Enjoy the fix. I won't bother with the invoice cos you are a tight cunt but you still owe me 100 quid.

past 6 months i turn off svchost -> windows update process to get rid of perma 35%cpu usage

>after several years using Windows XP and now Windows 10
>BUT I DON'T USE WINDOWS U GUYS NOW SPOONFEED ME NORMIES

I don't believe this is your "friend's" computer, it's yours, and if we're such normies, why are you crawling to us for help?

Fuck off back to Sup Forums with your shitbox toaster.

>being this afraid of not fitting in
>on Sup Forums
Some next level loser shit right there.

>please don't call me a newfag
Aww you gonna cwy? :(

Bro. Bro! Are you high or what.
you do know they updated the compacting algorithm in Windows 10, right?
not believing me? alright take a look at Compact-Gui it's a great app free of charge and you don't have to install it form the windows store yaknow definitively no botnet involved I shit you not you can't say windows 10 is bad without using it's sooo much better than windows 7 than you can save at least dozens of GB instead of few KB on older windows it's like comparing night and day I'm so happy my computer made the right choice.

are you literally too retarded to use google?

I've also had this problem on windows 7, my solution was to manually disable windows updates feature. But the real fix is actually going back and removing specific updates that aren't used or needed. I don't know about windows 10 but maybe the solution is the same.

hey op are you gonna DIE?

still use windows-7, and I don't give a fuck about windows 10.

Windows sucked since XP, this company only cares about its corporate interests not home users because home users can switch OS. All that licensing shit keeps business held at gunpoint forever, or at least until Microsoft is so bad all its server software practically unusable

I’m not a computer expert I’m just relaying what my dad tells me

Thanks user you just saved me getting another SSD

Ryzen 7 has plenty of threads to decompress on the fly.

Your dad aint wrong