Are these guys ever going to get their shit together and patch spectre and meltdown?

Are these guys ever going to get their shit together and patch spectre and meltdown?

Other urls found in this thread:

itwire.com/security/81338-handling-of-cpu-bug-disclosure-incredibly-bad-openbsd-s-de-raadt.html
freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html#event20180104:01
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118296441702631&w=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they're too busy sucking off each other while chanting "we're so secure"

Have they even implemented aslr yet?

They didn't get the 2 month headstart that Linux did, or the six month headstart that apple/google got. They found out when the public did.

Nobody who matters uses that niche OS. Use Plan 9 or something else more popular.

So FreeBSD is run by idiots who don't give a FUCK about security. Got it.

ITT: Idiots who don't down how things work

are intel and other companies ever going to stop doing embargos on their security fucks up and only sharing the info with megacorps??

Plan 9 is patched from spectre and meltdown?

Wrong BSD.

This.

>ITT: Idiots who don't down how things work
>
>are intel and other companies ever going to stop doing embargos on their security fucks up and only sharing the info with megacorps??

Look, a totally clueless idiot calling someone else idiot.

All BSDs are the same. Except Apple.

Ditto.

they got notified in December. they're just notoriously slow at doing anything.

No.

itwire.com/security/81338-handling-of-cpu-bug-disclosure-incredibly-bad-openbsd-s-de-raadt.html

>OpenBSD
this thread is about FreeBSD you illiterate moron.

ITT: Everybody confuses FreeBSD for OpenBSD.
Please spend some time with both and you'll see that their similarities end very fast. Even shutdown(8) doesn't take the same flags to halt the system.

OpenBSD indeed was "notified" when google broke the embargo 5 days before expiration
FreeBSD knew it since "late December"
freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html#event20180104:01

still better than confusing *BSD and macOS.

You're disrespecting a future US Marine right now. Watch your fucking tone, civie.

Well that do you expect just look at this retard claiming that all BSDs are the same.

The fact is that free software projects are the last to be notified about this fuck ups so they have much less time to react than big corporations.

>future

Sounds like you're still a civie, fag

hope you can differentiate towel heads from civilians before you unload a clip because you're sure as shit struggling to differentiate between two different operating systems.

Theo and OpenBSD hate coordinated disclosures and embargoes and kinda broke the last one.

I knew after krack they'd be left out in the cold. Suck shit.

Dude, my recruiter worked with ISA, I can get your IP faster than you can whois yourself. You are so done, kid.

It's the same security circus run by egotistical Dunning-Kruger idiots, that's what I meant with all BSDs are the same.

Except Apple.

>The fact is that free software projects are the last to be notified

You're totally, completely, utterly clueless about infosec. I bet you're one of those *BSD hipsters as well.

>he's not AMD+freebsd masterrace

I am sure the opinion of an anonymous retards is worth more than the statements made by those who actually run those projects. Idiot.

filtered

Friendly reminder that openbsd devs worked on Meltdown/Spectre fixes eleven years ago

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118296441702631&w=2

Also friendly reminder that the patch that reduces performance was already in OpenBSD, that's why some people complained it was not as fast.

All this despite suffering from an embargo from faggot companies like Intel.

Ex-green beret here, kid. Say that to my face.

nobody has patched spectre yet.

This

>So FreeBSD is run by idiots who don't give a FUCK about security. Got it.
Was this not clear to anyone for the past 5 years? Shit the O's barely runs outside of a vm, and they clearly stated that they put "performance" over security.

Same goal as Linux.