With October/November approaching I have a question for Mexicans

With October/November approaching I have a question for Mexicans

On Tumblr you will find people getting really upset about white people (anglos, gringos, however you want to classify them--you know who I mean) appropriating Dia de Los Muertos by wearing skelly makeup and buying skelly purses and whatever else, basically wearing Dia de Los Muertos inspired accessories year-round as fashion items.

What I want to know is if it's really that offensive. Chicanos seem to wear Dia de Los Muertos themed shit all the time, I see Mexicans with skull belt buckles, Hello Kitty skull stickers on their cars, all kinds of stuff. It's my impression that spooky skeletons are just considered kawaii and kind of cool in Mexican culture and can be seen as a regular symbol in fashion items or as decorations. Yes Dia de Los Muertos is a religious day, or a historically/culturally important holiday, but can't everyone appreciate decorated skeletons?

PS fun fact, there is a skeleton inside all of us RIGHT NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

face[removethis]book.com/photo.php?fbid=10207963284212957&set=a.3734276268474.2142423.1023060872&type=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it wrong if I find girls with Dia de Los Muertos makeup hot?

Yes user you should seek psychiatric help, you're probably an insane nymphomaniac, holy shit how could you find these girls attractive you sick piece of shit I'm calling the cops right now better get your anus prepared the cops are about to kick down your door you degenerate fucking slimeball

only loss class Mexicans and 2nd gen chicanos celebrate Dia de Los Muertos

I, and my parents, never celebrated that pagan shit.

what's offensive is the death cult cartels, and their supporters, believe in

but if qt white girls wanna paint their faces with sexy skulls, i wont object

if anyone is getting offended it's fat chicanas

>only loss class Mexicans and 2nd gen chicanos celebrate Dia de Los Muertos
>I, and my parents, never celebrated that pagan shit.

OP here, my town has a parade on Dia de los Muertos and people set up shrines and go have picnics at the cemetary and everything

not from canadia btw

>my town has a parade on Dia de los Muertos and people set up shrines and go have picnics at the cemetary and everything

fucking disgusting, kys pagan filth

Getting offended it's probably some chicano tumblrina stuff, real mexicans just mind their own thing and enjoy that day without giving a fuck.

Nah it's ok, the celebration of Dia de los Muertos varies from state to state. In some places they do parades with costumes and shit while in other places people just build a small shrine with the pictures of deceased familiars, others just go to the graveyards and put flowers next to the tombs.

Most mexicans feel a little proud when our traditons get acknowledge by the rest of the world(except for 5 de mayo).

tumblr out

Man, it's not about skelletons. Día de los muertos is about or acenstors, people who died but we still love and remember.

>tfw Mexican and birthday is cinco de Mayo

I literally share that fact with nobody. even some family members don't know when it is.

its cool with me, everyone should be able to taste sugar skulls.
But yes is more like a religious and historic day that the party that everyone thinks.

that's kind of what I mean. Since it's not about skeletons, the skeletons are just decoration, why shouldn't people be abllowed to enjoy the skeletons?

We don't any problem with the way you guys celebrate the Dia de los Muertos your way, you aren't doing anything wrong, it's fine if you want to wear any shit inspired in that holiday, the real Dia de los Muertos is just the way we do homage to our deceased loved ones, the same happens with 5 de mayo, just have a nice time, and don't worry it's not offensive if you don't apprecite as a religious/culturally important day, for us mexicans it's also a party day

How can this be offensive?

So if Mexicans wear pic related they are offending German culture and are racists?

We mix it with slutty halloween in Mexico City, there's no problem with anyone participating/joining, that's just retard Chicano bs. If you want to make an altar for your dead I'd say go ahead, the one rule is just being respectful to Mexico which doesn't mean you can't be drunk or sexy, just don't do shit that's fucking mean or hurtful.

No, stealing white people's culture is okay.

We like the Germans though, you were the only ones who used Mexican semi-automatic rifles

Here's offensive, if you're not going to look good, don't do it

Only white sjws in the US and some silly black gringos care about this so called cultural aproppiation, knock yourself out with skeletons, pan de muertos, tacos and whatever else you want

In my state is not really that big of a celebration, technically all mexico is appropiating southern culture as non jalicienses appropiate mariachi and Tequila.

Plus dia de los muertos is basically halloween, the christian celebration of día de todos los santos/all saints eve with some funky ethnic make up thrown upon it to make it more palatable to the natives or as is more commonly known a syncretism

leave it to a canafuck to be concerend about culturaly appropiating something

i expect real mexicans dont care abot your made up bullshit concerns because theyre more concerned with being alive and keeping their heads on their shoulders

Retard shitcanos as usual

Post more qt's with Dia de Los Muertos themed makeup/clothes :3

last one

Thanks mate!

The people on tumblr getting offended are almost entirely white kids in the suburbs trying to overcome their feelings of white guilt and lack of any real problems by getting offended on behalf of people who, for the most part, don't actually care about whatever petty bullshit they're trying to MLK over this week.

tl;dr no it is not offensive.

Is cultural appropriation a real thing?

face[removethis]book.com/photo.php?fbid=10207963284212957&set=a.3734276268474.2142423.1023060872&type=3
Link related. Last week some exchange students got upset here lol.

thats not what I understand by cultural apropiaton. Thats just disrespectful.

this user ist right, is like the speedy gonzalez thing. But also, there will always be conservative cunts that don't want their traditions to become a fashion.

IMO I love to see people from all arround the world enjoying my fiestas

Here people think she's just being a whiny bitch.