For how much longer will "traditional" factory jobs exist?

For how much longer will "traditional" factory jobs exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5WnbLgItmA
bbc.com/news/technology-36376966
nytimes.com/2015/06/11/opinion/chinas-troubling-robot-revolution.html
forbes.com/sites/federicoguerrini/2016/11/18/robots-could-take-away-two-thirds-of-jobs-in-developing-countries-the-unctad-says/#711a78cc1432
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not long. Replace line workers with a few technicians to hang around for repairs and maintenance. I don't know what else would be left after that.

>a few technicians to hang around
What for? Just get a robot to do the repairs

Forever, unless you solve third world poverty

until robots become capable of autonomous grasping and manipulation, while becoming cheap to purchase and program.

Another soul crushing job.

youtube.com/watch?v=S5WnbLgItmA

10-15 years is my guess at least for developed countries.

My guess is that traditional manufacturing jobs will transition into artisan making of luxury goods for the ballooning hyper-rich class. As always, the unskilled and unmotivated will be fucked.

that looks very difficult for a robot to do.

the moment robots become cheaper than manual labour, thanks to the third world that will never be the case

They are literally already phasing workers out with robots in China and they get paid like $5 a day.

>muh robots
Not going to happen.

If it can't be done with a dedicated machine it will be done by hand.
Robots are too slow, it's cheaper to hire a couple of 3rd worlders.

In the future, the A.I. overlord replaces work with buttons to keep people occupied.

>They are literally already phasing workers out with robots in China and they get paid like $5 a day.
source?

What kind of power cords are they making

The ones that is used in every ATX power supply ever made and well before that.

They were shipped to shenzhen years ago

bbc.com/news/technology-36376966

Not sure about his 5 dollars a day part

nytimes.com/2015/06/11/opinion/chinas-troubling-robot-revolution.html

forbes.com/sites/federicoguerrini/2016/11/18/robots-could-take-away-two-thirds-of-jobs-in-developing-countries-the-unctad-says/#711a78cc1432

Productivity is so low in third world countries that it makes sense

not everyone can or will buy robots. they will exist for a while.

Over 2030, robots don't need be humanoid just more advance machines, inside PCB brain with some DSP algorithms will be SoC high performance with deep learning algorithms.