The existence of MacOS makes Linux pointless outside of servers

You insecure little shits know it’s true, too. Macs have a proper command line and actually works out of the box. Linux PCs are only good for lifeless nerds whose entire identities revolve around their choice of OS

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's true

show me riced os x then

Free software in itself does not make a good consumer product. It needs huge corporations with paid designers and engineers to invest in and massage it into something polished and usable.

This is why Android is Linux's greatest consumer success story, even though it has little to do with typical Linux distros.

>root

Okay

tutorial links or it's shopped

How new are you, kiddo? macOS can be riced.

But what if I don't want the apple hardware?

Then you don't want an elegant and polished user experience, and should be committed to an asylum.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I do want an elegant and polished user experience, but I don't want to pay for overpriced hardware.

Not him but I'd like to know how as well. The image on the wiki doesn't cover anything like this

brew install i3

Hi panjeet.

But it's not free, it's linked up to the botnet, and I can't (easily) choose my own hardware. I can't install whatever DEs I want and customise everything.

>Elegant and polished
External keyboard caps lock lights don't work
Nonstandard keyboard layout
Command + x/c/v for cut/copy/paste instead of CTRL + x/c/v
Pressing delete in finder does nothing. Must use command + backspace to move to trash
Enter in finder renames file instead of opening it
Maximize button doesn't maximize
Clicking a programs icon in dock doesn't minimize/restore
Menu bar doesn't extend across multiple monitors. Must go to primary monitor to open menus for programs on secondary screen
No proper package manager
Finder has no option to show hidden files, must execute a terminal command and kill finder
No preview of program windows when hovering over the dock icons
Lol no ports. Lol just use a dongle
Filesystem isn't case sensitive
Glossy screen instead of matte. Not even the excuse of being a touchscreen
Don't even get me started on xcode

You can't rice fagOS.

Not interesting.
macOS is shit, but Darwin - isn't. That is why we should make Darwin distro.

>Overpriced hardware

Oh boy here we go.

>X1 Carbon 5th gen.
>CPU: Intel Core i5-7300U Processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) Intel 620 graphics
>Display: 14.0" WQHD (2560x1440) IPS Anti-Glare Non-Touch(shitty color and "display lottery" as talked about on many forums.)
>Memory: 16GB LPDDR3 1866(slow shit)
>Storage: 256 GB Solid State Drive OPAL2.0 PCIe-NVMe

All this shitty chink hardware comes out to $2,019.00 in Ameribucks. With super ultra chink automatic "discount" it still costs $1,817.10

>2017 MacBook Pro non touch.
>CPU: Intel Core i5-7360U @ 2.3 GHz turbo to 3.6 Ghz Intel Iris Plus 640 Graphics
>Display: 13" 2560x1600 IPS with P3 color gamut
>Memory: 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3
>Storage: 256GB SSD which has historically been faster than comparable wintel machines for ages now.

>Apple has consistent customer service.

>Lelnovo has absolute fucking nightmare customer service and has prloaded fucking malware on their machines in the past(Superfish or whatever the fuck the chinks called it)

Hmmmmmmmm which machine would you pick? I know which one I picked.

Fuck forgot price. The MacBook costs $1,629.00 in Ameribucks

Hello my friend thank you for the fight the apple! thank you my freend we will be victorious! we know de Wangblows way! t. Pajeet McPoo

You seem like the one actually identifying at a personal level with something so mundane as an OS, sort yourself out kid.
saged.

>Waaaaaa I don't like Apple cus my gaymen and muh Lincucks waaaaaaaaaaaa!
Grow the fuck up already.

macbooks CONSTANTLY overheat and thermal throttle though

The difference between Apple and generic Windows / Android OEMs is that while Apple products stand alone and are therefore singularly subject to harsh scrutiny and criticism, chinkware OEMs have the benefit of blending into the morass of gimmicky, poorly made, poorly supported junk that no one gives a shit about before the next piece of shit is announced three months later.

ALL ULTRABOOKS DO FOR FUCKSAKE
When will you people understand this? People want razor thin silent machines for their everyday tasks. If you want a super computer then go buy a fucking word station. FUCK

Well said. Never thought of it that way

shill pls go and stay go

+800 Mhz processor isn't necessarily a "super computer"
Apple is a joke, it's a fashion accessory for the poorfags and spoiled girls who need to "show off" because they can't afford a good car and house.

We're talking the difference between an Ultrabook and a workstation here. One has less cooling because of the form factor, and the other has the proper cooling and hardware. If you want a machine that is meant to be beat on all day without throttling then go get one. But if you want a slim Ultrabook that isn't chink garbage with a spyware OS, then I'd suggest a MacBook

>Neckbeards finally shut the fuck up when presented with cold hard facts.
Kek

>implying I'm promoting that nonfree trash

macOS isn't meant to be run on non-Apple hardware. That's where Linux comes in.

>still works better than lincucks on non apple hardware

No it isn't mactoddler. Damage control all you want, but this is purely a Macshit problem. Apple is fucking trash.

So you're saying, Linux is just macOS for people without a mac?

...if you can actually get it installed in the first place. Holy fucking shit does Apple make it difficult.

that's one way of looking at it I suppose

Linux is just macOS for people who aren't homosexual.

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

thistbhfam

>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
If you get it for free (gift, from work), it is useable. You know, just like every other OS out there.

Returning for full credit and buying something better for the same money is far more useful.

>Returning a gift
Rude.

>Servers, scientific research and many other open source projects center around linux
>Entertainment industry uses Windows
>BSD is also used for certain servers that require high levels of security
>Most of the world uses Androids and avoid throttled shit like iToys
And who uses apple again? Oh right, bloggers and hipster "writers."

I hope you get hit by a car you stupid fuck.

OPEN SOURCE IS GOOD THOUGH FUCK PROPRIETARY SOFTAWRE NFORMATION NEEDS TO BE FREE AND WE ALL MUST SEE THES OURCE CODE SO WE KNOW ITS SAFE. FUCK YOU

I HOPE U GET HIT BY A CAR RGO SUCK APPLE STEVES DICK GAY BOY

>being gifted applel trash
Rude.

Speaking of insecure.. os x is the best for that

>Comparing unreliable overheating chinkshit Razer gayming trash to a MacBook
Holy fuck you can't make this shit up. Did you even read one single review about that fucking garbage, or are you just trolling?

>>Comparing unreliable overheating chinkshit Mactrash to a Razer
Holy fuck you can't make this shit up. Did you even read one single review about that fucking garbage, or are you just trolling?

>macbook
>not unreliable overheating chinkshit

Oh look it's a Razer babby. Have fun with your bottom of the barrel QC, garbage spyware OS, gay ass LEDs, oh and don't forget your shitty customer support!

When you don't know how to distinguish memes spread on an indian basket weaving singles board from reality, it's time to an hero

Are you gonna go back to trying escape your shitty life by playing your little vidya gaymes, or are you gonna shit post some more desperate neckbeard memes?

>mpd+ncmpcpp
>visualiser
>3 terminal windows
>2606MB RAM used
Jesus fucking Christ.

Show us a rugged waterproof notebook with MacOS.

What were they thinking?

i understand using a stylus on a tablet, i used to when i drew shit. what i don't get is why the stylus needs a battery, and especially, why it has to stick out while charging making it impossible to hold or store the tablet

>Waaaaaaaa I hate apple cus their products are used by normal non neckbeard failures like me waaaaaaaaaaa

>fruits in charge of usability

>Look mom I posted it again!

>proprietary shit
>root
No thanks, faggot. You shills are so blatant it's disgusting.

Oh look it's a Mac babby. Have fun with your bottom of the barrel QC, garbage spyware OS, gay ass fruit logo, oh and don't forget your shitty customer support!

>command line
go back

>why the stylus needs a battery
because that's how resistive screens work

>why it has to stick out while charging making it impossible to hold or store the tablet
that's just dumb design.

Jesus Christ you people are desperate.

None of this bickering matters. Both of you are going to die in the end.

Mac OS is great, OP. I switched from the GNU/Linux meme

>root bug
>implying Windows doesn't get malware and exploits
I'm using Sierra so I'm bug free. High Sierra is not ready for AMD Hackintosh, or at least not mine. I'll stick with Sierra for a while and it still gets updates.

>3 terminals with dub 3s

fagOS is literally malware.

>This triggered over a fruit

>stating fact is being triggered
>t. triggered mactoddler

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

OP was touched by his funny uncle while growing up.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html

Windows has malware and lots of GNU/Linux distros use non free firmware blobs, drivers, software, etc. I doubt you use a free distro that is endorsed by the FSF and use Libre Boot.

2 mac os linux threads? op you fucking roastie cunt stop spamming

Linux is great for bringing older hardware back to life, pic related couldn't load Windows 7, but flies with Lubuntu. This little Ideapad is now my primary shitposting device.

>that isn't...spyware OS
You honestly think Apple doesn't spy on you?

You know that simple browser game Slither.io? I tried to play it on the latest CuckBook Pro non memetouch and the fucking piece of shit sounded like it was going to take off the fan was so fucking loud. Macs are pure shit.

Works fine for me.

Yeah if you only play it for a minute or less. Nice try Macfag

I was playing for a few minutes, decided to close out, because the only purpose I had for playing was to prove that it works. I could play for even longer, if I chose to. If your Mac isn't working, why not have the people at the Genius Bar fix it?

He's also running Quartz Compositor (that's i3 running in X11, which runs alongside Quartz), Finder, and possibly some native OS X programs that wouldn't show up because they don't use X11

How about you play for more than a minute while your cuckbook is plugged in? How about showing everyone Intel power gadget in your screen cap so we can see how hard your cuckbook is throttling? Oh yeah because you're a stupid little Applel faggot and you're scared of being proven wrong.

I'm not using a MacBook or a intel processor. I'm using a Ryzen CPU. The Ryzen 5 1600 processor. No throttling.

Lenovo Yoga 920
3840 x 2160 Touch display with pen
8th gen intel core i7-8550U
16gb RAM
512GB SSD
$1600

>mactoddler complains about slow RAM
>thinks his shitbook will ever run faster than 800mhz

Servers, embedded computers, routers, robots, celphones.
MacOS is just good for desktop computers and windows is better than macOS at it.

those bezels

> unable to write to NTFS disks
Yea right. Works out of the box.
The layout of the keyboard is also really fucked.
Other than that I love my MBP 2015.
The battery is ok. The touchpad is the best I’e ever used and the screen ist awesome. It still has good keys with the right amount of travel and a SD-Card slot and full size USB ports.
The build quality is truely great too.

>tfw external HDD came with Tuxera NTFS