German """"""""""unification""""""""""

>german """"""""""unification""""""""""

L-E-L

>austria has an italian speaking region
>italy has a german speaking region
why don't they swap?

What is your point?

Your """""""""""""""nation""""""""""""""" is broken and I'm having a cheeky giggle at your expense.

Ours is worse mate

We need to make Germany groß again

You're Nation discriminates people for being white.

Kek.

No it doesn't. You're thinking of Switzerland. And South Tyrol is about as German speaking as Alsace.

Kys

>Italy
>San Marino
>Vatican
>Ticino province

Italian """"""""""unification""""""""""

Not for long...

>"United States of America"
>Not containing all of America

Ok. I admit I don't know much about this.
What other regions are like this in central Europe? One country having a piece of land where people actually speak the language of their neighbors.

I'm trying really hard to understand the point being made here. Every germanophone region should be annexed to Germany? So should the US be annexed to Canada?

>Every germanophone region should be annexed to Germany?
Essentially, though I think Austria would be a better leader.

>So should the US be annexed to Canada?
Other way around.

How is their "nation" broken? Are you just assuming that all German-speaking people should be under a single banner?

With that logic, your "nation" is even more broken, just look at how many independent nations there are in Anglosphere.

Is not Swiss German less similiar to Standard German than Polish to Slovak?

Germans don't understand Swiss German.

But hey, let the stupid 'Murican think he understands European cultures and languages. At least we can have a laugh.

>Are you just assuming that all German-speaking people should be under a single banner?

Yes
>mfw

>With that logic, your "nation" is even more broken, just look at how many independent nations there are in Anglosphere.
I'd consider promotion of a united Anglosphere as more akin to a unified GermanIC nation.

I'm not unreasonable. I'd settle for Canada and the Caribbean. Possibly Greenland as well.

>Yes

Top kek

That's a gross oversimplification.
There are parts of Germany (and Alsace) where they speak Alemannic dialects that are mutually intelligible with Swiss German.
You should know what you're talking about before being so quick to accuse others of not doing so.

>Are you just assuming that all German-speaking people should be under a single banner?

hmmm

>That's a gross oversimplification.
Lol, look who's talking.

This was supposed to be mfw.

Yes. The person who realizes that there are mutually intelligible dialects on both sides of the Swiss-German border (much like the Netherlandish-German border).

Saying that the Swiss shall be considered as German is the same as saying the Americans should be considered as british.

It's a union of American states. The president is the President of the United States, not the President of America.

>Germans don't understand Swiss German.
what?
are you retarded?

I'm pretty sure Swabians can understand Swiss German.

Not so much "shall" as "could"

2bh, that's the fault of the picture.
I would probably leave the Swiss out, like the Dutch.

How about Germany becoming part of Switzerland?
Ever thought about that?

Bavaria alone is more populated than Switzerland. We would become an instant minority in our own country.

Here we find the mehemet

thats true for many western EU places now unfourtunately