Why do I have to learn this piece of shit language in every intro to CS course? Why can't brainlets handle C or Haskell?

Why do I have to learn this piece of shit language in every intro to CS course? Why can't brainlets handle C or Haskell?

Because it's easy to learn, designed for OOP and has strong, static typing.

Because Haskell and C aren't languages new graduates can get a job in. Either language requires years of experience to even be considered in.

Gluing together Java libraries is just grunt work in comparison.

because its an intro course, non-programmers and not-sure-if-programmers will be taking it.

if it's so beneath you then take the free time and make a product start to finish to shore up your weak areas.

Once I was tutoring this CS class that was basically the easier version of embedded programming engineers have to take. Anyways I was helping out this fine girl during section but she needed some extra help and was willing to pay me to tutor. I go over to her place and she was kind enough to make some dinner since it was around 6. The whole time I was there I kept hearing this weird noise coming from the hallway closet. As I kept helping her out going through data structures and what not the weird noises got loude. Finally I said I think there’s a dog in your closet trying to get out. She immediately got very uncomfortable and I started to get a bad vibe. I go open the closet and it’s the girls boyfriend gagged up dressed in women’s clothes. I was fucking freaked out but she explained how her computer science boyfriend gets off on watching actual competent individuals like engineers teach his girlfriend new things. So I ended up blacking his gf right in front of him and watched him eat my cum out of his gfs pussy as I got dressed. Fucking weird man I guess it is true that computer science people are a bunch of brainlet cucks.

Nice try virgin, next time don't mention a girl and we could almost believe a fag like you

Because once you know Java, you know OOP, you know a syntax similar to a bunch of languages, you can learn C# in a few hours and you can find jobs working on J2EE backend.

At my community college we had Python or C as our options for our introduction course. So it still happens.

Haskell is a toy and C is too limited. Either Java or C++ are basically the only way to get a descent education in software engineering. The computer science people do complain a lot, but cs is woman's studies' level meme degree so whatever.

because it doesnt fuck the school computer up whe you make shit programs

It's funny. It's funny because it's true.

At least isn't Javascript or Python.

If you're so smart that you think you can handle C or Haskell, then just learn Java in 5 minutes and teach yourself the others. Or is it that even Java gives you trouble and you're complaining like this to protect your bruised ego?

Because its a language that employs people? Why are you studying if not for work?

You can do whatever most interests you in your free time.

so hot, dubs of truth

I'm a networks/cybersecurity student, but I have friends at uni on computer science, and currently we are both on the same C syllabus (this is my first term still)

the first week was a crash course in python though

this.

cybersecurity pajeet degree is a better choice

/thread

At my schooll:
3 quarters of python
2 quarters of c++(first one is a fast intro, second one is data structures implementation and analysis)
1 quarter of assembly
1 quarter of systems programming in C

And java(optional)

how many intro courses do you need to take

This language is easy as fuck. If you can't handle it long enough to pass an entry level course, you're the brainlet.

Why do these classes use Java, Haskell, C, or any of that old obsolete shit? Why can't brainlets handle modern Rust? Aren't universities supposed to be preparing students for the future? It's not a fucking history class.

Wow, so much Python.

Mine has, in order
C
More C (data structures mostly)
Bash
Html/Css/Js (small exam)
Java
Python (just a tiny project)
Ocaml

what the fuck, jamal, you weren't supposed to tell anyone!!!!!!!!!

wtf C is way easier to learn that java