Samsung S8 will only receive 2 years of updates

>Samsung S8 will only receive 2 years of updates
>it’s almost a year old now so it will only receive an update for one year

Wtf is this bullshit? Google phones at least receive 3 years from release and iPhones receive 5 years

Only buy phones with support for open source ROMs. These ROMs will get you all the support you'll need. I don't know what the current state of the S8 bootloader is but if it isn't unlockable then don't bother buying one. Remember limited support is a choice.

I value my time. I don’t want a ROM that likely is buggy, has less features, and requires me to invest more of my time to get it working.

Me neither, so I run Lineage.

Then buy an iphone.

Iphones the only valid answer.

The autistic alternative is a Linux computing device + dumbphone + 4g wifi

Well, if the librem 5 is actually made and not to damn expensive I think that's the only valid choice.

so what

whoever doesnt buy a new phone every 2-5 years is a absolute moron

at least the battery lasts longer than applels crap

t. oppo

iphones brick on update

>google is creator of Android
>google has their own line of phones
>google is not supporting their own phones for max 2-3 years, despite fact they are powerful enough to handle updates for next 5 years.

If OS producer does not give a fuck about keeping their own os up to date then why third party manufacture would?

my s6 is still getting updates

What's that?

This, the S6 and Note5 are still getting updates over 2 years after they launched.

The S6 turns 3 years old soon.

This is the current state of Android and the sole reason I bought a Pixel 2. Software is a fucking shitshow and I'd genuinely think phones would improve massively if Google locked down Android the same way Apple does with iOS.

Samsung et al cannot be trusted to bring lasting support or optimisations and the last few years have made this painfully obvious. Want to put a custom ROM on that Sony phone? I mean you could but the Sony ROM has proprietary camera/display algorithms that handle like dog shit on any other ROM so fuck you.

The Apple iPhone X doesn't have this problem.

Something Stockholm syndrome patients in a walled garden wouldn't understand.

top notch fa.m

>Google phones at least receive 3 years from release and iPhones receive 5 years
embellishment.

i bought the nexus 4 when it came out, it got one (1) OS update. didn't even get kit kat

If you're not using LineageOS, you're a retard anyway.

Not entirely true, they get 3 years of security updates.
They only just dropped the 2014 note 4 a few months ago.

>cares about updates
>cares about their communication device beyond simple communication
I don't know why I'm in this thread

iphone updates only stopped from going to 64 bit will be interesting to see how long they now they'll support for.

Shit on apple all you want but there's a reason stock android is complete trash bloatware.

You are trying to shit on Android but it's the OEMs decision to bloat their OSes with their own sucky apps and the Google framework.

The Android Open Source Project and derived ROMs, like LineageOS, aren't bloated at all.

I'm shitting on the stock roms that come on the phone's your right, stocks probably the wrong word for the amount of preloaded bullshit they try installing but then wonder why people prefer ios.

Google should be enforcing strict conditions on rom usage for new phones, but pointless even mentioning that I guess when they bloat their own shit.

And? Most updates don't even matter. I don't know why people who couldn't tell differences between various androids care about updating them so much.

Why would someone be moron for not wasting money on shit they already have?

repeat after me:
GALAXY S8

lol just switch to iphone and all this bs goes away and you just use the phone

iphones receive maybe a year of updates before they start getting slowed to a crawl
google phones are pretty nice

>full of every google app ever made
>google forces oems to have google folder full of shit on first main homescreen
>update play store
>forced to download google drive, can't untick it

yeah no bloat

Why would i ever want to update my smartphone? I never update because it will literally just take up more space on my phone and possibly make it slower. What 'features' am i missing out on? None. No thankyou.

>had note 3
>put cyanogenmod on it
>runs 10x better
>enjoyed phoned again
>nightly updates

meanwhile now i hope i get oreo in 6 months

Security updates are more important than Android number updates. My S6 from 2015 is still getting monthly security updates