2018: The year when crypto miners solved the Sup Forums problem

>2018: The year when crypto miners solved the Sup Forums problem
What a time to be alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

eletronicalvlup.wixsite.com/lvlup-org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If the income from mining outstrips the cost of electricity, why doesn't everyone do it? Its like printing free money. (ignoring risk of falls in btc value).

Wish I owned a power/fiber internet company right now. I'd be making a killing for 20 years.

Most people can't set up their own printer.

Because it's a scam; the only way to profit off participating in a scam is to scam. If it was actually profitable, legit businesses would be all over it. Also mining farm rent wouldn't be a thing.

You need:
- cheap electricity
- hire an electrician to wire power outlets properly so your house doesn't burn down
- cooling
- industry hookups for bulk GPUs when stock is low
- physical security
- networking and linux knowledge
- a plan for logistics and accounting

Cooling is a real issue. There aren't that many places with cheap electricity AND cool climate. New Zealand is one. Washington State USA also popular.

its not cosumer friendly

>want to start mining
>cards that are usually less than 400 now go for 900+
>"""solved""" any problem
No user, you're just a corporate cuck.

s/New Zealand/Iceland/

I'm from NZ. Teach me how to do this.

All you need is a couple of fans and barred open windows god fucking dammit. What kind of retard puts a bunch easily overheated electronics in a non-ventilated volume?

Isn't mining crypto useless now? The good coins are tough to mine now unless you to all out investment wise and the shit coins offer nothing. What would be better is playing crypto like the stock market. Hoard coins that are low price and hope to sell them once they peak.

>a couple of fans to remove 1 MW of heat

Semi truck radiators are good for dissipating 1 MW of heat. They use smaller fans than that for forced airflow. Also that floor fan is only $150 bucks.

That's how people do it in their GTX 480 builds. Sure there's a few housefires, but it mostly works.

God save /biz/

>barred open windows
How about dust?

>Switched the Sup Forums problem for a /biz/ problem
Nice job

This idiot could have started a useful company with the money, space and knowledge required to set up a bitcoin farm. Replace those video cards with hard disks and it could be a data center that provides actual value to the economy.

Because the only reason why it's profitable is because there are people who buy crypto from miners instead of mining it themselves. If everyone started mining then it would crash instantly. Basic supply-demand still applies to crypto.

>If you can't beat them, buy up all their hardware

value is subjective

Hes not wrong though. You can have people rent out hard drive space and compete with companies like Amazon and microsoft. Siacoin and Storj already does this and pays you in Crypto.

StorJ isn't profitable
1TB shared gets you like $2 / month

Hello everyone, I am with an initiative, a community work, who wants to help I will be very grateful.
eletronicalvlup.wixsite.com/lvlup-org