Why don't any countries besides the USA, UK...

Why don't any countries besides the USA, UK, and Japan have any worthwhile music scenes that aren't totally based off of ripping off those aforementioned countries? Why haven't they created anything (contemporary) that's as popular and influential as rock, jazz, and hip-hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XLKiknDbFjA
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=veQkt4tS0Tc
youtube.com/watch?v=2CE4okCVuJg
youtube.com/watch?v=aa2y0ms8GTY
youtube.com/watch?v=vsVH9CqrTeA
youtube.com/watch?v=3jUyuQvn_v8
youtube.com/watch?v=rNSza0QZIcY
youtube.com/watch?v=dDPculXrO50
youtube.com/watch?v=8RxpCdlE11k
youtube.com/watch?v=sWqnofhRSLo
youtube.com/watch?v=0cnQw9k1_HE
youtube.com/watch?v=FyqKNmIl_k4
youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=FyodeHtVvkA
youtube.com/watch?v=56dv3XHUISY
youtube.com/watch?v=sYwtaHwv6r8
youtube.com/watch?v=aQoDCT1dodI
youtube.com/watch?v=IE3OffBrMbc
youtube.com/watch?v=LKDzNfOykJw
youtube.com/watch?v=gECA-eSjpxk
youtube.com/watch?v=-AczzDpwHhM
youtube.com/watch?v=AZLx4Os8TBs
youtube.com/watch?v=BxB55yaWG-I
youtube.com/watch?v=xPP9kHBZF-o
youtube.com/watch?v=_ovAk5avdzE
youtube.com/watch?v=7U7_o7kHm-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UCFU1Dpfmnk
youtube.com/watch?v=rEHoMcSC5Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=qBHQkO4S_XU
youtube.com/watch?v=IIJ56d-8yPs
youtube.com/watch?v=JbnhjsDI_ho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Japan has no music scene stupid weeb

>english music is popular in english speaking countries

wowowwwww good work

Cuba is probably the number 2 music exporter in the continent

Because they're a bunch of untalented hacks.

Finland makes some good music

youtube.com/watch?v=XLKiknDbFjA

latin america has salsa, bossanova, etc. africa has cool 'tribal' music. etc

How can you live out Canada?

You don't know anything about music. Seriously....

>Japan
Not ripping off the West
>USA, UK
Not ripping off each other

And who says we don't? Peru was doing punk in the 60's
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI

What is so special about Japanese music?

Pretty sure it is us.

I don't know what the last modern song I listened to, they're all so god awful

Well they do have some good stuff. I'm a metal head so I can just talk about one genre.
But Japan has had a lot of good heavy metal/prog. rock bands in the 80's-90's, some prog., thrash and death metal bands in the late 90's and they started mixing there traditonal folk sound into those genres, which created some new genres.

> they started mixing there traditonal folk sound into those genres
So did many countries in Europe.
But why should Japan be considered outstanding and unique?

Because
>muh vocaloids

Didn't say they are overall outstanding, but they are not shit tier. There are some countries, from which I never heard any good rock/metal.

> Vocaloid
Good point:
Electronic music was pioneered in Germany (by Kraftwerk) and France (by Jean Michel Jarre). Japan just copied that shit along with everyone else.

>Japan
Baby Metal isn't that good m8

Wtf is this? Is this from a kids show?

Don't disrespect Finland's national anthem

It's popular in non English speaking countries desu 2bh pham

youtube.com/watch?v=veQkt4tS0Tc

Japan loves our pleb-tier rock bands. It's like nigger how, you don't know what they're saying

youtube.com/watch?v=2CE4okCVuJg
They have other bands besides the shitty baby metal band, which has btw a pretty good guitarist. A shame he's in the wrong band.

>he doesn't know most of the most popular chart-topping songs in the English-speaking world were written by Swedes
It's fucking eerie. I think Sweden must have an underground circle of music analysts that offer virgins to Satan in exchange for unholy catchy melodies to sell to American producers. There's no other rational explanation.

Yugoslavia did.

Jap music tends to just be unique twists on Western music, nearly every Jap band, group, composer or musician plays a Western genre but they tend to have their own styles of said genres that aren't found out West.

youtube.com/watch?v=aa2y0ms8GTY
youtube.com/watch?v=vsVH9CqrTeA
youtube.com/watch?v=3jUyuQvn_v8
youtube.com/watch?v=rNSza0QZIcY

pretty sure we created modern music m8

If anything, it's the US, France, Germany, and Northern Europe that are responsible for most musical innovation

meh, Sweden is about even with Prince, seriously

Latam has its own popular music genres tbqh

American music is African music. You're appropriating their culture.

what does that even mean

>tfw one of the most iconic disco songs was written by a french son of migrant.

youtube.com/watch?v=dDPculXrO50

>babymetal
>representative of modern japanese music

wew

youtube.com/watch?v=8RxpCdlE11k
youtube.com/watch?v=sWqnofhRSLo
youtube.com/watch?v=0cnQw9k1_HE
youtube.com/watch?v=FyqKNmIl_k4

Most modern pop music is in some way influenced by African-American pop music. Even homegrown genres like the chanson in France have flirted with rock, jazz, etc.

It's similar to how a lot of Classical music was Italian in origin but that did not prevent people from other countries mastering the Italian forms (see Bach, Mozart, Beethoven).

If your country is so good why you can't answer yourself such a simple question?

All music (or art in general) since the dawn of time has been influenced by what has been made before it.

No kidding, you thick-headed Scandinavian oaf. But as far as the last 120 odd years are concerned, popular musical form has more of its roots in Africa than Italy.

Not really

>Scandinavian

WE SKANDI NAO

>Scandinavian
Amerilards at it again lads

No.

i believe we contributed pretty greatly to the Rock and punk rock/Indie rock genres but that's about it

kek

you taste is very limited. stay pleb

This is now a grime controlled zone

youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

I take it you like rap

You probably created with AC/DC one of the most succesful hard rock bands

African slave music that went on to form the blues, jazz, and early instances of rock was passed down by Irish slaves. Africans slaves never produced music that resembled its later incarnations until British slaveowners mixed them with Irish slaves. A lot of chord progressions that are found in blues, and rock, shares similarities to Irish folk music, which the Irish passed on to black slaves. Jazz shares a lot in common with a (now dead) style of Irish folk music called Jass, too, which relied on spontaneity and improvisation, which are common tropes of Jazz music.

The Irish introduced Negroes to western music and Negroes did only what a Negro is good at doing and stole it and called itheir own.

NEED a grime gf

youtube.com/watch?v=FyodeHtVvkA

South Korea has an excellent music scene. I'm not talking about K-pop.

youtube.com/watch?v=56dv3XHUISY
youtube.com/watch?v=sYwtaHwv6r8
youtube.com/watch?v=aQoDCT1dodI
youtube.com/watch?v=IE3OffBrMbc

Also fun live performances
youtube.com/watch?v=LKDzNfOykJw
youtube.com/watch?v=gECA-eSjpxk

it their*

Not even close, i'm sure you don't really know how big cuban music is

>varg
shit tier.

yeah, that was going to be my reference if anyone was going to disagree haha

>he doesn't like "this is huh, WOW"

They invented noise music

that's gross, get out of here nigger

What? Finns might not be Germanic, but they belong to the geographical landmass.

Prove me wrong.

I prefer classical music desu, but I do occasionally listen to Iggy Pop and Lou Reed who play nigger music.

it doesn't matter, lyrics are for plebs. it's all about the music (and still, anglo rock is number one imho)

all of these are terrible

>F*nngol

I disagree, both Burzum and Mayhem have good albums.

the sad thing is, this isn't from a kids show.
this was considered to be QUALITY COMEDY in Finland several years ago. literally every normie watched the TV show that egg was from.

>he actually thinks Finland is in Scandinavia
you amerisharts never cease to amaze me

No, Scandinavia does not include Finland.

>Japanese music scene
literally what
also
>hurr I don't know about it so it doesn't exist
>burger flag
typical
The whole world speaks English so it's pretty obvious that local music of non-anglo cunts won't make it to global mainstream. Also your music industry is huge.

A lot of the chords in blues and rock music are simple chord progressions found in all sorts of folk music because of how simple it is. The rhythm, however, is undoubtedly African and is what makes it unique, not to mention the electrically amplified instruments first adapted by Chicago blues musicians.

All the songs and styles that turned into rock are descendant from English songs.

>But why should Japan be considered outstanding and unique?
because OP is a weaboo faggot

Accurate

rock is a pretty vague term.

holy shit someone finally linked listenable music on here

this. let's just conveniently ignore japan's renowned avant-garde music, jazz, noise, prog, punk, alternative and art rock/art electronic music scenes

their jazz and noise/ambient movement it's the best, period.

>t. the biggest hipster on Sup Forums

All rock comes from English and Scottish songs.

t. plebeian who can't into nip music

youtube.com/watch?v=-AczzDpwHhM

>implying we don't

youtube.com/watch?v=AZLx4Os8TBs

English speaking countries are too busy sucking each other's dicks to look at what the rest of the world does.

That's ofc true, but nowadays the most popular Japanese music is trash like AKB48. All the interesting stuff is back in the underground.

amerishart once again being stupid

That's the case for every music scene across the globe, though. Every pop station wherever you go will never have anything interesting or groundbreaking playing.

is this supposed to be worldwide influential music?

why am i not surprised that a canafuck is posting hipster bs? lol

Suddenly remembered why I never enjoyed Sup Forums, a pissing contest in obscurity is only interesting for so long.

Japan has been actually a big influence for other asian countries for developing a rock/metal scene.

But it used to be very different in the 80s and 90s in Japan. Progressive music was much more popular back then.

Japanese just stopped buying music. Only otakus are fanatical enough and it influences what is perceived as popular. Internet and streaming services still aren't as established as in the West, so a huge part of the revenue is completely gone.

I'm not denying that their avant-garde music was phenomal and influential. But what about now?

Nobody said anything about worldwide or influential you dumb spic. But if you want me to post very influential Japanese music who's influence is known worldwide I can.

youtube.com/watch?v=BxB55yaWG-I
youtube.com/watch?v=xPP9kHBZF-o
youtube.com/watch?v=_ovAk5avdzE
youtube.com/watch?v=7U7_o7kHm-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UCFU1Dpfmnk
youtube.com/watch?v=rEHoMcSC5Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=qBHQkO4S_XU
youtube.com/watch?v=IIJ56d-8yPs
youtube.com/watch?v=JbnhjsDI_ho

This is only touching on rock music and only the most influential on a global scale, if I could pick out a few more albums and touch on other subgenres but it's nearly 1 AM and I have to get sleep desu.

> Why haven't they created anything (contemporary) that's as popular and influential as rock, jazz, and hip-hop?

> keeps posting hipster stuff from his iphone in starbucks

you understand he is asking about normie stuff? maybe if you had posted the dragonball opening. lol dumbass

argentine rock alone is more popular than any jap rock

Also the way how music is produced has since changed. It's mostly idol crafting. The music is actually done by professional musicians and the idols just perform the song.
Don't know about the avant-garde music since I'm more the straight hard rock/metal guy, but there metal scene is still pretty good, though. They still make some good death/black metal.

>argentine rock is more popular than any jap rock

when you can show me argentine rock groups that reach crowds of hundreds of thousands whenever they play out west, sure.

Bands like Loudness and X-Japan fill stadiums when they come out west, even today, they were some of the best selling rock/metal groups on the 80s regardless of wherever you went.

Not to mention that Flower Travelling Band is one of the founders of heavy metal in general. Boris literally only has fans out West, they don't sell well in Japan but were relatively successful in western alt rock and doom metal crowds.
The Stalin is arguably Japan's best known punk rock group, S.O.B. is one of the founders of grind music, G.I.S.M. introduced heavier riffing to crust punk, Sigh's one of the most recognized experimental metal groups worldwide and Mono's arguably one of the biggest things in post-rock right now.

I can name plenty of great Argentine bands but I can't name a single one that made any meaningful, lasting contributions to music.

>The music is actually done by professional musicians and the idols just perform the song.
That's pop music everywhere.
Only difference is in the west they try to keep that secret.

Germany has Schlager music :D
they also have die arzte

top fucken kek mate.

This guy listed actually some pretty well known bands in the metal/punk scene not really hipster stuff. I even saw Loudness live in Wacken 2016.
>Flower Travelling Band is one of the founders of heavy metal in general

This is a pretty exaggerated statement.

USA = Negro raps
UK = *confused*
Jap = Squeaking 2D